Sources: Kidd Wants Out Of New Jersey

Lakers fans, please with the "Do it Mitch"

its pretty lame 90% of the time its not even a laker fan that is saying it
It used to be, but the fake one have more than taken over.
laugh.gif

Ric bucher was just on ESPNNEWS and he stated via his conversation with Kidd that Kidd isn't really demanding a trade but making the point that this teamis bad and will not get better and the only way to get anything from him is to trade him. It would make the Nets better and him happy again being somewhereelse.

Yes, he is the only contract that could possibly be moved but, Rod needs to look at other scenarios that can work. They are working with Kidd's agent towork a deal that he play out the year for them with hope of still making the playoffs and then when the draft comes along, they will trade him.

I still think Dallas will get him this year.

Nets now soliciting best offer for Kidd
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
January 28, 2008

Adrian Wojnarowski
Yahoo! Sports

To get Jason Kidd out of his life, Rod Thorn would've traded him yesterday. The relationship between the team president and superstar has deteriorated intobitter acrimony. Once, they were golfing buddies and confidants and now, sources say, they can barely stand to sit on opposite ends of the team bus.

"It's really bad," said a league source close to Thorn and Kidd.

Kidd wants out, he says. This has been the story for a year. His agent, Jeff Schwartz, has asked Thorn again.

Truth be told, Thorn had to understand that he and Kidd passed a point of no return on the December night his superstar sent a text message in the earlyafternoon to say a migraine would keep him out of a game with the New York Knicks. Publicly, Thorn defended Kidd, but privately he seethed.

ADVERTISEMENT
He knew the truth: Kidd bailed on the New Jersey Nets.

Thorn should've started soliciting offers that night, but that's happening now. Kidd is on the way out, another acrimonious parting as had been thecase with him in Dallas and Phoenix.

"Ownership was stopping this from happening, but even they've thrown their hands up and said, "OK, find a deal,' " a league source closeto Nets management said.

Now, the Nets are on a nine-game spiral, the franchise is unraveling and Kidd is getting louder about wanting out. The possibility? The Nets were tellingpeople it was just 25 percent Monday, but the team is a dysfunctional mess. With the Feb. 21 trade deadline nearing, the Nets and Dallas Mavericks haveexchanged several proposals, but it always comes back to the realization that they need a third team to make this happen. Dallas owner Mark Cuban refuses topart with Josh Howard. The Nets want a package that includes a good young player, an expiring contract, draft picks and cash.

Denver is intrigued with Kidd, too, and recently tossed out Allen Iverson's name. The Nets aren't going there with AI, and Nuggets executives aretelling confidants that they're out of the bidding for now because the Nets are asking too steep a price. Cleveland has offered every possible package, butso far there's no scenario where Kidd could join LeBron James.

Back in the summer, Kidd considered it disrespectful that the Nets invested $61.8 million to keep Vince Carter without offering him his own contract extension.Kidd's max-out contract expires at the end of the 2008-09 season and friction between him and management started when his request for a one-year, $13million extension was rebuffed.

As those close to Kidd insisted, his attitude was simple: If you won't trade me, pay me. Kidd was still chasing triple-doubles most nights, but the Netsstruggled to compete around him. They stopped defending. They stopped running. Privately, Kidd blamed Carter's competiveness, but there are issues andholes throughout the roster.

Thorn has tried to trade Carter - offering him to the Knicks in a package for Jamal Crawford - but no one wants him. The infrastructure of the franchise hascome apart. The Carter contract is a killer. The future of Nenad Krstic is uncertain with a rehab from an ACL injury that has extended over a year. TheNets' bench is still spotty. The team is no longer responding to coach Lawrence Frank.

Privately, Kidd is telling friends that he wants to go to Dallas. He desperately wanted the Lakers' trade to happen at last season's deadline, butThorn wouldn't do it without prying away Andrew Bynum. This season, Kidd pushed to play with LeBron, but the Cavs don't have enough to offer. Yes,Dallas makes the most sense for Kidd. He knows they need his leadership. He knows Cuban will absorb his contract. He knows that they're the best chance hehas to get out of Jersey and get a championship before he retires.

This saga has gone on too long and it's time to end it. Rod Thorn has until the trade deadline to solicit the best offers for Kidd, and there should be noturning back now. He shouldn't do this for Kidd, but for his franchise. This isn't about getting a great deal anymore. This is about getting the bestdeal. It's over. There's no loyalty here, no love, no reason to stay together. The Nets have grown to loathe their franchise player and he desperatelywants out.

Nothing ever ends well for the New Jersey Nets, nor does it for Jason Kidd. Maybe together, they were always doomed.

Adrian Wojnarowski is the NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports. Send Adrian a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

^I understand Josh and Dirk...but wouldn't Kidd be a significant upgrade over Devin Harris? I KNOW Devin Harris has potential and is still very young, butit's possible by adding Kidd the Mavs will have a better shot in a short time frame to win a chip. Just my opinion, of course. Maybe you guys really areTHAT high on Devin Harris, i dont know.

Almost every Dallas fan I know of loves Devin Harris (with the exception of Nowitness, but even he's coming around). The only problem I have with Kidd ishis age, Devin is the future for the Mavericks, Kidd could be the answer for right now, but I don't want to end up like the Heat.
laugh.gif

And also, if the Mavericks give up Harris, I hope to God they don't give up JET or Stackhouse either, because I want Jason Kidd to shoot about 4 shots pergame if he is on the Mavericks, he's one of the worst shooters in the L.

I didn't even think it was that deep between Kidd and Thorn with the bitterness and the anger between the two.

Adrian Wojnarowski wrote a pretty good article.

Some rumors around this way is Portland scooping him up for Raef Lafrenz's expiring contract, and possibly Jarrett Jack and Rodriguez. I don't thinkPortland should mess around at all with the chemistry the team has right now, personally...

He'll be a Maverick by way of a 3 team deal... Dallas isn't giving up Dirk or Josh, and Devin's contract is damn near impossible to move because ofthe Poison Pill stuff... I'd assume Jet and Stackhouse are in play, but why would New Jersey want either? Nothing is getting done with the Mavs without athird team. Marc Stein was on the radio here in Dallas saying the Mavs and Nets are having on-going discussions, with the main hang up on trying to find amatch with a third team...

Oh boy will I be happy if the Mavericks get Kidd without losing the big three, but we'd be real weak at the two-guard spot then, losing both JET and Stack?
frown.gif
That's upsetting.

losing both JET and Stack?
That's not what I meant... I'm just assuming that either Stack or JET would have to be moved in order to get the deal done. But again, Idon't understand what use New Jersey would have for either of them. The third team is going to be a huge key...

Ahh, I see. I'm sure there's a team out there that could use either Terry or Stack, but then what would we have to offer the Nets? I don't thinkthe third team would just take Stack/Jet and give the Nets what they need to get the deal done, unless they want KVH's contract along with some prospects(Ager, Fazekas), or Bass, Hassell, George.

I have a feeling it will take a lot for the Mavericks to get him, I don't see it happening, especially having such a good PG coming off the bench in Devin.

I'm watching coast to coast on ESPN 2 and they were talking about a Dallas-Nets-Blazers trade where the Nets would only get Stack. Thats a horrible trade,might as well keep Kidd.

Watching them break down the situation was a real wake up call. This team could be contending for a #1 pick next year at this rate. I think we have to get 1stround picks and expiring contracts right now and just rebuild as much as possible. Carter was a terrible signing and I said it from the start. Hes going tohurt us terribly for the rest of that contract. I hope they trade Kidd asap, hopefully for Harris or if not let Marcus Williams take over pg and mature.

Thorn is in love with Frank but he has a lot to do with this downward spiral. The team is straight up not responding to him like Billick and the Ravens in theNFL. Although he just got extended he has to go IMO.

Jason Kidd: Jeff told you, huh?

Rod Thorn: Yes sir.

Kidd: Preferably, I'd like to go to the Lakers, Yankees, Mavericks, Heat, or Celtics.

Thorn: Yankees?

Kidd: Or Red Sox.

Thorn: The baseball-Boston Red Sox?

Kidd: I don't want Jason Collins to be traded with me. Dude steals my triple-doubles.

Thorn: What does that mean?

Kidd: A triple-double is when you get double-figures in points, rebounds, and assists.

Thorn: I know that, I meant ...

Kidd: No teams with blue uniforms.

Thorn: Have you seen what Dallas wears?

Kidd: On the flight out, I want an aisle seat. Something light for a in-flight entertainment. "Daddy Day Care" or that Rock movie with the girl and the ball with the sparkles.

Thorn: Jason, I'm going to have to stop you there.

Kidd: Nothing can stop me on my way to a championship. That's what I was put on Earth to do.

Thorn: Jason, you're not being interviewed, stop it. You do realize how hard it is to trade someone who makes as much money as you, right? You're making 19.7 million dollars this season.

Kidd: Yeah. I'm awesome.

Thorn: Be that as it may, we have to match that salary in any trade we make.

Kidd: Kwame makes that much.

Thorn: Kwame doesn't make that much. Very few people do.

Kidd: You make that much.

Thorn: No, I don't.

Kidd: Know why?

Thorn: Why, Jason?

Kidd: NO TRIP-LE DOUB-LESSS!

Thorn: Great. Either way, there's not a lot we can do under NBA salary cap law that could ease you into a new team.

Kidd: I break laws all the time. I don't even have draft picks to do it with.

Thorn: What?

Kidd: I mean, it's easier for you to break a law, because you can just send someone a draft pick to make up for it.

Thorn: No, I mean, you break laws all the time?

Kidd: Did you see where I parked today? Look. (Points to a window, Thorn peers outside.)

Thorn: Right on the sidewalk. Ran over some kid's bike, too.

(Kidd beams.)

Thorn: Brav-o.

Kidd: Not even my car. It's Josh Boone's car. I took it, I'm keeping it. Josh Boone gets NO TRIP-LE DOUB-LES!

Thorn: You know, Malik Allen called me about this same sort of thing last month, and I just thought he was joking, or drunk, or both.

Kidd: Patriots!

Thorn: You like the Patriots on Sunday?

Kidd: You can trade me to the Patriots, broseph.

Thorn: No. No, I can't.

Kidd: Salary cap law? I told you: draft picks!

Thorn: Yeah, it doesn't work that way. Not without hurting my team. Not without taking back contracts of players that I don't want. Not without having to trade for Lamar Odom ...

Kidd: NO TRIP-LE DOUB-LES!

Thorn: Or Jason Terry ...

Thorn: Or Nene Hilario ...

Kidd: NO TRIP-LE ... oh. My thoughts and prayers are with him, and his family. He just wants to win a championship, like me. That's all we're in it for.

Thorn: Jason, again, no reporters are here.

Kidd: What if you traded half of me to a team, like with Vince Carter, and I could play half the time with the Lakers for half-price, and part of the time with the Nets?

Thorn: I don't know where to start. "Like with Vince Carter?"

Kidd: You know how he plays with the Raptors on the off days?

Thorn: He doesn't play with the Raptors. He's been a Net since December of 2004!

Kidd: He seems awfully tired. I just assumed.

Thorn: I honestly can't fault you, there.

Kidd: What if I go to David Stern, and say, like, "hey, David Stern. I'll give you, like, 14 triple-doubles if you let me go to the Lakers?"

Thorn: How do you give someone a triple-double?

Kidd: Just gave the Nuggets one.

Thorn: Oh, I get it.

Kidd: Gave the Bobcats two, gave the Magic one, the Hawks one, gave triple-doubles to the whole damn Eastern seaboard.

Thorn: And what would David Stern do with his 14 triple-doubles?

Kidd: Whatever the hell he wants! Steal some [stuff] from the Cheesecake Factory, cold-%%%# a red-headed dude just for the hell of it, burn [stuff] ... it's a triple-double!

Thorn: I really wish I'd, you know, engaged in an actual conversation with you before signing that contract extension.

Kidd: '85 Bears!

Thorn: You want me to trade you to a football team from 23 years ago.

Kidd: The Triple-Double Shuffle! (Rapping) "My name is J-Kidd, and I like to pass. Rippin' triple-doubles is better than ro-mance ..."

Thorn: You know who could really use some triple-doubles? The Hawks.

Kidd: I'm just here to win a championship. It's my life's ambition, and a dream I've had since I was a child. I'll do it anything for it.

Thorn: Did you just set my desk on fire?

Devin Harris is nothing compared to Kidd when Harris isn't even in his prime? I'm not saying Harris will be better but you can't say what thefuture holds, then again, you're the genius who said..
not a big wilbon/pti fan sry
So I guess you would know.

Greggzy, what else did that trade entail? I mean of course I'd do it, but that seems very lopsided.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Some rumors around this way is Portland scooping him up for Raef Lafrenz's expiring contract, and possibly Jarrett Jack and Rodriguez. I don't think Portland should mess around at all with the chemistry the team has right now, personally...

That would be a scary team, though.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Jason Kidd: Jeff told you, huh?

Rod Thorn: Yes sir.

Kidd: Preferably, I'd like to go to the Lakers, Yankees, Mavericks, Heat, or Celtics.

Thorn: Yankees?

Kidd: Or Red Sox.

Thorn: The baseball-Boston Red Sox?

Kidd: I don't want Jason Collins to be traded with me. Dude steals my triple-doubles.

Thorn: What does that mean?

Kidd: A triple-double is when you get double-figures in points, rebounds, and assists.

Thorn: I know that, I meant ...

Kidd: No teams with blue uniforms.

Thorn: Have you seen what Dallas wears?

Kidd: On the flight out, I want an aisle seat. Something light for a in-flight entertainment. "Daddy Day Care" or that Rock movie with the girl and the ball with the sparkles.

Thorn: Jason, I'm going to have to stop you there.

Kidd: Nothing can stop me on my way to a championship. That's what I was put on Earth to do.

Thorn: Jason, you're not being interviewed, stop it. You do realize how hard it is to trade someone who makes as much money as you, right? You're making 19.7 million dollars this season.

Kidd: Yeah. I'm awesome.

Thorn: Be that as it may, we have to match that salary in any trade we make.

Kidd: Kwame makes that much.

Thorn: Kwame doesn't make that much. Very few people do.

Kidd: You make that much.

Thorn: No, I don't.

Kidd: Know why?

Thorn: Why, Jason?

Kidd: NO TRIP-LE DOUB-LESSS!

Thorn: Great. Either way, there's not a lot we can do under NBA salary cap law that could ease you into a new team.

Kidd: I break laws all the time. I don't even have draft picks to do it with.

Thorn: What?

Kidd: I mean, it's easier for you to break a law, because you can just send someone a draft pick to make up for it.

Thorn: No, I mean, you break laws all the time?

Kidd: Did you see where I parked today? Look. (Points to a window, Thorn peers outside.)

Thorn: Right on the sidewalk. Ran over some kid's bike, too.

(Kidd beams.)

Thorn: Brav-o.

Kidd: Not even my car. It's Josh Boone's car. I took it, I'm keeping it. Josh Boone gets NO TRIP-LE DOUB-LES!

Thorn: You know, Malik Allen called me about this same sort of thing last month, and I just thought he was joking, or drunk, or both.

Kidd: Patriots!

Thorn: You like the Patriots on Sunday?

Kidd: You can trade me to the Patriots, broseph.

Thorn: No. No, I can't.

Kidd: Salary cap law? I told you: draft picks!

Thorn: Yeah, it doesn't work that way. Not without hurting my team. Not without taking back contracts of players that I don't want. Not without having to trade for Lamar Odom ...

Thorn: Or Jason Terry ...

Thorn: Or Nene Hilario ...

Kidd: NO TRIP-LE ... oh. My thoughts and prayers are with him, and his family. He just wants to win a championship, like me. That's all we're in it for.

Thorn: Jason, again, no reporters are here.

Kidd: What if you traded half of me to a team, like with Vince Carter, and I could play half the time with the Lakers for half-price, and part of the time with the Nets?

Thorn: I don't know where to start. "Like with Vince Carter?"

Kidd: You know how he plays with the Raptors on the off days?

Thorn: He doesn't play with the Raptors. He's been a Net since December of 2004!

Kidd: He seems awfully tired. I just assumed.

Thorn: I honestly can't fault you, there.

Kidd: What if I go to David Stern, and say, like, "hey, David Stern. I'll give you, like, 14 triple-doubles if you let me go to the Lakers?"

Thorn: How do you give someone a triple-double?

Kidd: Just gave the Nuggets one.

Thorn: Oh, I get it.

Kidd: Gave the Bobcats two, gave the Magic one, the Hawks one, gave triple-doubles to the whole damn Eastern seaboard.

Thorn: And what would David Stern do with his 14 triple-doubles?

Kidd: Whatever the hell he wants! Steal some [stuff] from the Cheesecake Factory, cold-%%%# a red-headed dude just for the hell of it, burn [stuff] ... it's a triple-double!

Thorn: I really wish I'd, you know, engaged in an actual conversation with you before signing that contract extension.

Kidd: '85 Bears!

Thorn: You want me to trade you to a football team from 23 years ago.

Kidd: The Triple-Double Shuffle! (Rapping) "My name is J-Kidd, and I like to pass. Rippin' triple-doubles is better than ro-mance ..."

Thorn: You know who could really use some triple-doubles? The Hawks.

Kidd: I'm just here to win a championship. It's my life's ambition, and a dream I've had since I was a child. I'll do it anything for it.

Thorn: Did you just set my desk on fire?

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
completely random

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Devin Harris is nothing compared to Kidd when Harris isn't even in his prime? I'm not saying Harris will be better but you can't say what the future holds, then again, you're the genius who said..
not a big wilbon/pti fan sry
So I guess you would know.

Greggzy, what else did that trade entail? I mean of course I'd do it, but that seems very lopsided.
Chris Broussard said it was Nets getting Stack, Dallas getting Kidd and Portland getting Harris. I'm certain thats all he said so I guess heforgot who Portland would give up. It was weird he said the trade was on the table and its off because Harris is currently injured but I'm sure he forgot alot of pieces.

Back
Top Bottom