Space Jam Sequel, Starring LeBron James

LeBron James Sets 'Black Panther's' Ryan Coogler to Produce 'Space Jam' Sequel

Black Panther, Ryan Coogler is teaming with LeBron James on the long-anticipated follow-up to the Michael Jordan-Bugs Bunny hit Space Jam, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Coogler will produce the new Space Jam movie and Terence Nance, who created HBO’s Random Acts of Flyness and directed the experimental film The Oversimplification of Her Beauty, will direct. Production on the Warner Bros. film is tentatively slated for 2019, during the NBA off-season. It will be James’ first starring role after a successful turn as a supporting character in the 2015 Amy Schumer comedy Trainwreck.

Getting Coogler, whose credits also include Creed and Fruitvale Station, is a coup. The director is among the industry’s most sought-after artists. Not only did Black Panther break ground as a superhero movie from a black perspective with a black cast, but it has set a number of box-office benchmarks on its way to grossing $1.34 billion worldwide, including becoming the highest-grossing film ever by a black director.

“I loved his vision” for Black Panther, James tells The Hollywood Reporter, noting that when he was a kid growing up in Akron, Ohio, there were no black superheroes. "So for Ryan to be able to bring that to kids, it’s amazing.”

CT3lJ_CWoAENxsQ.jpg

Bruh we old.

It's a whole generation who look at Lebron like people looked at MJ.

I for one would of been out of my mind if they did SJ2 with Kobe.

Kids don’t even know who the Looney Tunes are let alone wanting them to play with Lebron’s losing ***. Ideally Steph Curry would’ve been a better pic if we’re talking about who kids idolize basketball wise but politics...

It’s gon be a bunch of old ****** in here and in general hatin on a movie not necessarily made for them :lol:

Back
Top Bottom