SPACEJAM XI: to all my young heads, my lesson to you: WEAR YOUR KICKS

roll.gif

Sorry on what happened to your shoe...

Thanks for the information!

That's why i always use all of my shoe and if i'm not wearin' them, i don't put it in its box, i just put it in my shoe rack.

sorry to see. gorilla ought to fix that. and yes i wear all my kicks. no sense keeping them in boxes or glass cases.

Reminds me of my spacejams soles coming off as well. And not because I didn't wear them but because my mom had the brilliant idea of throwing them in thedryer.
indifferent.gif
Then when I was going to switch the soles up on them my dad tells me he threw them away. Sad day for me that was.....

Man that sucks did u have them like wrap in plastic and stuff like that. Cuz i know ive heard that its good to keep ur soles fresh but not good if u plan towear them

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

lesson to my youngsters....
hype all you want over a pair of shoes. if you don't plan on wearing them, you are only fooling yourself. its cool to keep a pair of kicks on ice for a little while, but keeping a pair of shoes on ice for pure bragging purposes, or just for the self reassurance that you have "shoe game", or that you're a "shoe head" is just another way of clowning yourself that your not a hypebeast. WEAR YOUR KICKS! ENJOY THEM!
way too true, and im glad to see others feelin this way. i don't understand the meaning behind a DS collection, unless it's to make money 10 years from now.if that's the plan, buy stocks and they'll pay out more. i don't have one pair of ds shoes, and i can't imagine myself ever having a pair. good post, people could learn from this example.
First off, stocks aren't exactly a safe bet in our current economy. But selling Jordans isn't either so, moving on...

I have some shoes that I have left DS, and honestly I don't have a good reason why.
For example, I have a pair of fire red 3s that I just can't get myself to wear. These are one of my all time favorites and I just can't bring myself towear them because I know that if I do they will never be as beautiful as they are right now.
So, I ended up buying a second pair recently so I could wear them and still have a perfect pair. I never really plan to sell any of my shoes; other than thispost I don't think anybody knows I have my DS pair (so it's not for bragging). Fire red 3s aren't really hard to come by, so it doesn't make mefeel like I have "shoe game."
I have no logical reason to keep them DS. I just like them too much that, just for me, I need to have a DS pair in my closet so that I feel OK about wearingthe other pair.

I guess I am crazy. Oh well.

PS - I am a school teacher as well

I hope you can fix those.....I concur......rotate your kicks.....What's the use of knowing you have them only and not wearing them? At least, if you'regonna spend all that money on shoes, you should go ahead and flaunt a little. I love when other shoeheads appreciate what I got on my feet.

RIP Spacejams. Sorry they gave out on you like that.

I am a first year teacher. I do the shirt/tie attire on Mon.-Thurs., but I bust heads on Fridays and the kids love it. Plus, it gives me a chance to educatethem on the importance of keeping your shoe game tight...if I can reach just one then my job is done
happy.gif
!

Originally Posted by phaze1123

RIP Spacejams. Sorry they gave out on you like that.

I am a first year teacher. I do the shirt/tie attire on Mon.-Thurs., but I bust heads on Fridays and the kids love it. Plus, it gives me a chance to educate them on the importance of keeping your shoe game tight...if I can reach just one then my job is done
happy.gif
!

preeeach! im in the same boat, all we need to do is reach one kid into keeping his shoe-knowledge up and we have done our job
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ardeedas

Sorry about your shoes man.. those are my Holy Grails.

How did you store them, if you don't mind me asking. Silica packs? Dark/dry closet? Etc...

Me and my girl's pair have been on ice for a while. They were in rotation during the first couple years but we've retired them, respectively. I hope they don't breakdown during an outing!!

i just kept them in the og box, sitting in my dark closet... i have never tried silica packs, or wrapping them in plastic... maybe i should have
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom