SPACEJAM XI: to all my young heads, my lesson to you: WEAR YOUR KICKS

Sorry for that .... Hope that doesnt happen to my DS Concords .... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITS BEST TO TAKE OUT THE PAPPER IN THE SHOE BOX ???

Oh man, i feel for you.
smh.gif

i had no idea this post was going around! im 26 and i have a lot of retros from 2000, and on! i just posted a topic in regards to this, and i caught this whilechecking updates! thanks for your story! im gonna wear all my stuff now! lol sorry about your loss!!!!!! i bet the kids loved it though!

WHATS CRAZY IS THAT I JUST UNDS'ED MY BLK RED XI'S FROM LIKE 01 AND THEY WERE FINE...

thats messed up,i just unDS'd my 01 SJ's that i just recently purchased. i've wore them already with no problems, i jsut hope this doesnt happen tome.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Sorry for that .... Hope that doesnt happen to my DS Concords .... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITS BEST TO TAKE OUT THE PAPPER IN THE SHOE BOX ???
I heard it makes shoes yellow faster because of the acid in the paper. Even though the acid is very minimal, the paper does "yellow"over time. Its noticable if you compare the paper that comes with todays shoes and paper that came from shoes that came out earlier. To the OP, did you storeit with silica packs?

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Thats why I keep all my shoe on rotation I dont wear that pair of shoes till I wear everykick kick in the collection type rotation. So I DONT HAVE TO FEEL THAT PAIN. Man I would have cryed in class if I was you

roll.gif
but I understand on the real..

Rafool wrote:
Reminds me of my spacejams soles coming off as well. And not because I didn't wear them but because my mom had the brilliant idea of throwing them in the dryer.
indifferent.gif
Then when I was going to switch the soles up on them my dad tells me he threw them away. Sad day for me that was.....

man I would what my man from Different Strokes ( Gary Coleman) did and divorced my folks ...just kidding

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by phaze1123

RIP Spacejams. Sorry they gave out on you like that.

I am a first year teacher. I do the shirt/tie attire on Mon.-Thurs., but I bust heads on Fridays and the kids love it. Plus, it gives me a chance to educate them on the importance of keeping your shoe game tight...if I can reach just one then my job is done
happy.gif
!

preeeach! im in the same boat, all we need to do is reach one kid into keeping his shoe-knowledge up and we have done our job
smile.gif

nice..

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

thanks for this
i was thinking of keeping some kicks ds but im rocking them to school tomorrow
thanks and soryy bout your spacejams
they can easily be repaired though

Sorry to hear that bro... thanks for shedding that insight, and its cool to see a teacher rocking heat!

I agree...just take it 2 a shoe repair store n see if dey can glue it back on....I doubt dey are dead....worth a try......

that's why i always wear my kicks and i don't really like to buy use kicks from other people sneakers are sneakers dirty or clean they still heat so gonuts and wear them outside baby!!!!!

Don't use gorilla glue it turns yellow, use shoogoo that you can get at Wal-mart it dries clear. Those easily can be fixed.

great post by the way
...this is the first good thread ive seen in the JB forum for some time now. there was actually something to learn and take away from reading it.
its refreshing to not read the typical, 'what should i do', 'should i trade', 'omg, interesting story', 'i want infrareds',etc, etc, posts as of late

exactly! key lesson: WEAR YOUR KICKS!! why: u can't take them with u when u die. unless u plan on selling them, there's no point in keeping shoes dsforever. it is a complete waste of time & money. might as well enjoy them

Back
Top Bottom