SPACEJAM XI: to all my young heads, my lesson to you: WEAR YOUR KICKS

Yeah that is the risk you take in storing shoes for a long time.

They didnt' come out when spacejam came out by the way, it was way after that when they actually released them.

Like people said above though, just glue them and you have yourself a nice pair of XI's again.

Sorry to see that...I haven't worn mine for a while, I might have to bring them out tomorrow.
I agree with some others that shoe goo should do the trick, and gorilla glue does turn yellow when it dries.
I have never used it on shoes, but on projects around the house, and it gets really yellow.

thats what happend to my 01 bred 11's..

i glued them back together, so its all better now... not the same as it originally was, but better than a shoe with its midsole ripped off

Those are not bad at all. Here in Houston we have a shoe hospital they fix all kind of shoes you should see if you have one. Another thing to think about isunder what conditions are you keeping them on ice. What you have said is true though but it can be prolonged with the right techniques.

damn.
im a youngen. i got like 50-60 pairs of J's like 95% are on ice.
but i bought all mine since the mist blue 4's release.

i might wear a couple more of them now

Originally Posted by radrztj85

Originally Posted by Nermindee

wow you make a thread telling us not to be fools... can i remind you that you are the one that didnt wear them? IMO you are the one that should be saying your own advice to yourself. Who stores worn shoes anyways? you did that to yourself.

I think you missed the jist of his post. I think he is clearly trying to show us what can happen if we let our shoes dry out. I believe he is trying to help us.
^^ what he said.

nermindee, what does storing used shoes have to do with anything? so if they were new they wouldnt fall apart? i dont see your reasoning behind that statementand you totally missed the guy's point. Read a little closer.

Rico7jt, ive read that the acidity of the paper is minimal so it shouldnt really affect the shoes much, but i think a good number of people on here do takethem out. I personally just keep them in the box but folded up and placed at the bottom with the shoes on top. Ill probably eventually throw the paper outsince its really pointless to have it. But yea, i dont think the paper will screw up the shoes that much, at least from what i read.

Originally Posted by Nermindee

wow you make a thread telling us not to be fools... can i remind you that you are the one that didnt wear them? IMO you are the one that should be saying your own advice to yourself. Who stores worn shoes anyways? you did that to yourself.
reading is fundamental, but comprehension is critical......

wow the same exact thing happened to my space jams, but its not as bad, i took them to a shoe repair shop and guy hooked them up, there perfect now, idon't know what he used

Dont use gorilla glue it doesent work.
its better to take them to a shoe repair shop.
If you have any family outside the states send them there.
When i send my cousin my beaters, he gets them fixed good as new.

Same thing happened to my cool grey 9's...
frown.gif
mad.gif
grin.gif
I'll provide pictures later!!!

Wow, thats a hurter...I'm realizing more and more than keeping em on Ice is dope just long enough for the hype to pass...then rock em out when everyoneelse has shredded their pair...

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

...with that said, teachers are stupid nowadays.

No offense.
b3826973892f0b1740f78a112343bbe57293cb7f.gif
b94263d3b82fabb44cf7b6133d888b959adf882d.gif

No offense...but with comments like that it's obvious you are not doing much to contribute to society.

shoeheads - store sneakers

dudes that like sneakers - wear their sneakers...

I consider myself the latter.

THose can still be fixed brotha. LETS KEEP THE FAITH ALIVE.. I have a sz 10.5 since 01 too. Ive worn em 5x. Still icey. Hope thisdoesnt happen to me.

Originally Posted by phaze1123

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

...with that said, teachers are stupid nowadays.

No offense.
b3826973892f0b1740f78a112343bbe57293cb7f.gif
b94263d3b82fabb44cf7b6133d888b959adf882d.gif

No offense...but with comments like that it's obvious you are not doing much to contribute to society.

Those clips are hilarious. Unfortunately, education majors have the lowest GPA coming out of college.
ohwell.gif

thanks for the story...sorry to hear about your space jams...

like others have suggested....i think you maybe able to salvage ... if not ... just put back on the shelf so you can look at them and remember the good oledays....

Whoa I'm so sorry for the loss. Now you got me paranoid. LOL I have the same pair and I broke mine out last year for my b-day (turned 30 FTL). I wore themfor a few hours and thankfully they stayed good. RIP Space Jams.

Back
Top Bottom