Speaking Of Purses: Would You Buy Your Woman A $600+ Purse?

If by "woman" you mean would I buy myself one? Hell yes. I love handbags. TPF woot.

Would I buy my husband an equally $$ gift? Yep.

When I finally lock down a house and have some extra money, I'll buy her whatever she wants. She's not too into purses though and I'm def ok with that
laugh.gif

If
I genuinely loved her
said love was reciprocated
the $600 was within means

perhaps.

If I really loved her, why not? I'm sure she would buy me something nice as well.

Life has you jaded, DC. I kind of want to know why.

Lol... Way to make a thread out of my comment. It's all good bro. When you learn to love someone and you have the means to do it, you'll understand. I have no problems whatsoever.

If the love is genuinely there, it was being reciprocated, and you have the means to do it, why not?

$600 isn't that MUCH money man...

Originally Posted by bijald0331

If I really loved her, why not? I'm sure she would buy me something nice as well.

Nothing HAPPENED per-say. I have generally always been this way. Looking for "reasons" that might not even be there. I don't know, just how I am.

As far as OP's question. Whether I had it like that or not, I don't think I would.

1. I am against all forms of showing off and I believe having an expensive purse like that is nothing more than a status statement.

2. For $600, I think I could get her a better gift. As I mentioned before $600 is a trip somewhere nice for a few days.

3. Plus I don't think I would engage with a woman on that level that even desires $600 purses.

I don't think it means I love her any less than a man that would buy her a purse either.

only if i had it like that as well

but i wouldnt really want to

600 for something to put %%$* in? cmon nef

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

2. For $600, I think I could get her a better gift. As I mentioned before $600 is a trip somewhere nice for a few days.

Let me know who you're travel agent is.

As for the purse...yep id have no problem with doing so.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Lol... Way to make a thread out of my comment. It's all good bro. When you learn to love someone and you have the means to do it, you'll understand. I have no problems whatsoever.

If the love is genuinely there, it was being reciprocated, and you have the means to do it, why not?

It was an interesting comment that I thought would make a nice conversation. Don't take it personal man.
pimp.gif

I honestly don't think loving someone translates to BUYING them anything they want. If I decide that a gift isn't valuable enough for my woman is that implying that I don't truly love her?

As someone else mentioned, it is a purse. Things simply go into it. I personally don't deem it a valuable gift. Yes, I know it isn't up to me to determine that value since SHE will be using it, but the purchaser has some say in deciding whether or not something is worth buying. I mean I am buying it.

As far as it being reciprocated, if a woman I am dealing with thinks something is a waste, then I won't hold a grudge against her if she doesn't buy it. Example, if she knows I want a gaming system, but she is the type of female that believes gaming systems are immature and invaluable, then fine. I won't have ANY issue with that at all.
1. It is her money and I will be able to buy it for myself.
2. I know we are speaking hypothetical, but I wouldn't ever ask anyone to buy something like that for me.  I starting buying my own games at 15 (first job) so since then I have issues asking folks to BUY me things. Family, romantic associates, anyone. Can't do it.

But I don't think it is a matter of loving someone or not. I am not saying I wouldn't spend $600 on someone, but it depends what the $600 is buying.

Expensive purses is something no girl will ever justify to me. I just can't understand in. I remember in spanish class once my professor brought in pictures of clothing magazines, like some high end clothes. And all these girls were going crazy for bags that were like $30,000. I was like really? I could buy myself a god damn Cadillac for that and you want a bag. %%@%$ Plz!!

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Let me know who you're travel agent is.

As for the purse...yep id have no problem with doing so.
I just found a deal a few months ago to LA. Flight + Car + Hotel for around $489 + tax. 6 days. Easy to find deals out there man.

I have, a gucci one..and she's not a girl who has that many purses at all...she absolutely loved it..and price wasn't an issue.

uses it for nice occasions here and there..not an everyday #&_)$

and are Gucci/LV/etc.. etc.. all that cheap (in price) to begin with anyway?

i don't see anything wrong with it, unless your buying a broad one every month. (average to above average salary)

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Nothing HAPPENED per-say. I have generally always been this way. Looking for "reasons" that might not even be there. I don't know, just how I am.

As far as OP's question. Whether I had it like that or not, I don't think I would.

1. I am against all forms of showing off and I believe having an expensive purse like that is nothing more than a status statement.

3. Plus I don't think I would engage with a woman on that level that even desires $600 purses.

I don't think it means I love her any less than a man that would buy her a purse either.

So what? Why are you so against people having "status" statements? Why does this make you so angry? Serious question.

I buy my girl nice stuff al l the time. I love her and were go na get married one day anyways

I got money so it doesn't hurt the bank to bye my girlfriend nice stuff such as the 2 coach bags I got her las mnth

if you're poor then yes I understand the pain you would feel if indeed 600 of your dollars went missing.

actuly I'm taking my girl to Victorias secret tomorrow

It was an interesting comment that I thought would make a nice conversation. Don't take it personal man.
pimp.gif

I honestly don't think loving someone translates to BUYING them anything they want. If I decide that a gift isn't valuable enough for my woman is that implying that I don't truly love her?

As someone else mentioned, it is a purse. Things simply go into it. I personally don't deem it a valuable gift. Yes, I know it isn't up to me to determine that value since SHE will be using it, but the purchaser has some say in deciding whether or not something is worth buying. I mean I am buying it.

As far as it being reciprocated, if a woman I am dealing with things something is a waste, then I won't hold a grudge against her if she doesn't buy it. Example, if she knows I want a gaming system, but she is the type of female that believes gaming systems are immature and invaluable, then fine. I won't have ANY issue with that at all.
1. It is her money and I will be able to buy it for herself.
2. I know we are speaking hypothetical, but I wouldn't ever ask anyone to buy something like that for me.  I starting buying my own games at 15 (first job) so since then I have issues asking folks to BUY me things. Family, romantic associates, anyone. Can't do it.

But I don't think it is a matter of loving someone or not. I am not saying I wouldn't spend $600 on someone, but it depends what the $600 is buying.
Lol, no offense taken man. It actually was a good subject for a thread. I understand the whole spending it on a purse argument, and I do know the value of a dollar. But it's really hard for me to justify how stupid it is to buy a purse for $600, when I'm buying CDP's and different limited shoes for $200-$400 and it being any different. It's not even that shorty asked for it. We were browsing through the mall and she liked the purse, but she didn't want to get it because it was $600. Is it wrong for me to surprise her with something she wanted? At that point in my relationship with her we were going 6 years strong and I was seriously thinking of wife-ing her. The cost of something never equates the amount of love you have for someone. But it's nice to be able to buy something real nice for someone.

Different people have different budgets, and values of worth. It's all perception. It all comes down to this: Why would you spend $400,000 on a Ferrari that you can't even drive to a half of it's potential in the states? Why would you buy a BMW when you can buy a Kia that will do the same thing? Because you can.

Lol, no offense taken man. It actually was a good subject for a thread. I understand the whole spending it on a purse argument, and I do know the value of a dollar. But it's really hard for me to justify how stupid it is to buy a purse for $600, when I'm buying CDP's and different limited shoes for $200-$400 and it being any different. It's not even that shorty asked for it. We were browsing through the mall and she liked the purse, but she didn't want to get it because it was $600. Is it wrong for me to surprise her with something she wanted? At that point in my relationship with her we were going 6 years strong and I was seriously thinking of wife-ing her. The cost of something never equates the amount of love you have for someone. But it's nice to be able to buy something real nice for someone.

Different people have different budgets, and values of worth. It's all perception. It all comes down to this: Why would you spend $400,000 on a Ferrari that you can't even drive to a half of it's potential in the states? Why would you buy a BMW when you can buy a Kia that will do the same thing? Because you can.
1. You are right there is no difference at all. I have mentioned the same argument when it comes to dudes buying shoes. Many dudes in the shoe game do it for attention. The same way many women have these big designer bags to be seen. You are right, it is all the same thing.

2. No it isn't wrong to surprise her with something she wanted. If that is how your relationship operates, who am I to call it wrong. The most I can say is I wouldn't operate like that but there is no right or wrong to any of this.

3. You are right, it is nice to be able to buy someone something nice. I can agree with that.

4. Yep, it is all about perception. And I don't perceive an expensive purse as an item that I would buy for her. Again, that is not saying that I wouldn't spend $600 on someone, but for a purse, I couldn't move myself to do it. I listed reasons why earlier if you need to see those reasons.

I have no issues with anything you said.

Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes

I buy my girl nice stuff al l the time. I love her and were go na get married one day anyways

I got money so it doesn't hurt the bank to bye my girlfriend nice stuff such as the 2 coach bags I got her las mnth

if you're poor then yes I understand the pain you would feel if indeed 600 of your dollars went missing.

actuly I'm taking my girl to Victorias secret tomorrow

Semi Annual sale
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom