Sports Athletes Cars

You guys swear that it's sooooo easy to operate a racing-derived six speed transmission in a 640HP Italian supercar
grin.gif

Just because you own a stick Scion and watched The Fast and The Furious a couple times doesn't mean that you can just hop in and drive either
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I'm sorry...but If you have a maybach or rolls-royce...

you should be in the back of it at all times...

driving it a few times is ...meh
grin.gif
...alright...but if i own one of those, i'm being driven around...
6'11" NBA center in the back seat. Riiiiiiiight.

whats wrong with driving your own car, regardless what type it is? I know that if I was filthy I would drive everything from my yacht to my bus, to my maybach.If I was heading out to dinner with the family, then maybe i'll hire a driver, or if i'm heading out to a night event, etc....

Originally Posted by solesavage

whats wrong with driving your own car, regardless what type it is? I know that if I was filthy I would drive everything from my yacht to my bus, to my maybach. If I was heading out to dinner with the family, then maybe i'll hire a driver, or if i'm heading out to a night event, etc....

I agree with you to a certain extent...Driving a Maybach 62 is like driving a limo' though....

Does anyone have pics of Mikes cars? He has some of the best cars in pro sport, Iremember seeing a pic of his SLR parked at Augusta a few yrs back and his MC12
pimp.gif

Does anyone have the pre game video clip of Mike comin down the ramp back in like 92finals in Chicago, he scared the crap outta Ahmad Rash

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

You guys swear that it's sooooo easy to operate a racing-derived six speed transmission in a 640HP Italian supercar
grin.gif

Just because you own a stick Scion and watched The Fast and The Furious a couple times doesn't mean that you can just hop in and drive either
laugh.gif

I've driven cars with more power and much less refined, 5-speed manuals (Supras, etc.) as well as a 6-speed 430 and other cars like it. The exotics weremuch easier to drive.

I wasn't mocking her for not knowing how to drive a stick, I know maybe one female who can. I just thought it was funny that he paid so much for a car shecouldn't drive, then spent more to make it automatic. IMO an automatic (not even F1) car like that is pretty lame. Who cares though, she's not drivingit for the performance.

In response to the people saying they'd drive their own cars- so would I! Which is why I would never buy a boat-on-wheels like a Maybach. And don'tgive me that "S" is for sport, it's meant for driving nonsense. No, that's a silly marketing ploy by Mercedes to sucker people intooverpaying even more. The car has terrible handling, incredibly-soft suspension, an enormous wheelbase, an oversized body, etc. etc.

The car is meant to provide passengers with an extremely comfortable ride. The back seats >>> the front ones. It is, for all intents and purposes, alimousine. Do not tell me a slight hp boost and a "tweaked suspension" or whatever other stuff the s-model comes with suddenly makes this behemoth asporty car.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

grin.gif

laugh.gif

I've driven cars with more power and much less refined, 5-speed manuals (Supras, etc.) as well as a 6-speed 430 and other cars like it. The exotics were much easier to drive.

I wasn't mocking her for not knowing how to drive a stick, I know maybe one female who can. I just thought it was funny that he paid so much for a car she couldn't drive, then spent more to make it automatic. IMO an automatic (not even F1) car like that is pretty lame. Who cares though, she's not driving it for the performance.

In response to the people saying they'd drive their own cars- so would I! Which is why I would never buy a boat-on-wheels like a Maybach. And don't give me that "S" is for sport, it's meant for driving nonsense. No, that's a silly marketing ploy by Mercedes to sucker people into overpaying even more. The car has terrible handling, incredibly-soft suspension, an enormous wheelbase, an oversized body, etc. etc.

The car is meant to provide passengers with an extremely comfortable ride. The back seats >>> the front ones. It is, for all intents and purposes, a limousine. Do not tell me a slight hp boost and a "tweaked suspension" or whatever other stuff the s-model comes with suddenly makes this behemoth a sporty car.
laugh.gif

Nah, Im not saying just because its an "S" model Maybach that its meant to be Driven, the 57 has a shorter wheel base and IS actually made to bedriven...Its basically like driving a S550 with more power and more bells and whistles...I've seen Pro athletes and Musicians driving around in Maybach62's and it just looks goofy to me...Same goes with Phantoms...

You guys are crazy. I don't care what kind of car it is, be it a Phantom or Maybach..if I'm paying 6 figure for it, I'm driving it.

The biggest issue for me when driving exotic is the visibility, and people complain about blind spots on a Z. Some clutches are also tricky to work with sincethey don't operate like a normal one would, ie Porsche CGT. Anyone can drive a high powered car in a civilized manner. It's when they try to getadrenaline rush that leads to crashes, ie numerous headlines of exotic car crashes on PCH/Newport area.

Originally Posted by wj4

You guys are crazy. I don't care what kind of car it is, be it a Phantom or Maybach..if I'm paying 6 figure for it, I'm driving it.

The biggest issue for me when driving exotic is the visibility, and people complain about blind spots on a Z. Some clutches are also tricky to work with since they don't operate like a normal one would, ie Porsche CGT. Anyone can drive a high powered car in a civilized manner. It's when they try to get adrenaline rush that leads to crashes, ie numerous headlines of exotic car crashes on PCH/Newport area.
haha...quoted for the truth...its not imports racing each others, its exotices and other high-end cars, but cops always turn the other cheek.

Angel

Originally Posted by wj4

The biggest issue for me when driving exotic is the visibility, and people complain about blind spots on a Z. Some clutches are also tricky to work with since they don't operate like a normal one would, ie Porsche CGT. Anyone can drive a high powered car in a civilized manner. It's when they try to get adrenaline rush that leads to crashes, ie numerous headlines of exotic car crashes on PCH/Newport area.

From what I've heard, the Carrera GT clutch is not much harder than a performance clutch on a GT3 or such.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

grin.gif

laugh.gif

I've driven cars with more power and much less refined, 5-speed manuals (Supras, etc.) as well as a 6-speed 430 and other cars like it. The exotics were much easier to drive.

I wasn't mocking her for not knowing how to drive a stick, I know maybe one female who can. I just thought it was funny that he paid so much for a car she couldn't drive, then spent more to make it automatic. IMO an automatic (not even F1) car like that is pretty lame. Who cares though, she's not driving it for the performance.

In response to the people saying they'd drive their own cars- so would I! Which is why I would never buy a boat-on-wheels like a Maybach. And don't give me that "S" is for sport, it's meant for driving nonsense. No, that's a silly marketing ploy by Mercedes to sucker people into overpaying even more. The car has terrible handling, incredibly-soft suspension, an enormous wheelbase, an oversized body, etc. etc.

The car is meant to provide passengers with an extremely comfortable ride. The back seats >>> the front ones. It is, for all intents and purposes, a limousine. Do not tell me a slight hp boost and a "tweaked suspension" or whatever other stuff the s-model comes with suddenly makes this behemoth a sporty car.
laugh.gif

Nah, Im not saying just because its an "S" model Maybach that its meant to be Driven, the 57 has a shorter wheel base and IS actually made to be driven...Its basically like driving a S550 with more power and more bells and whistles...I've seen Pro athletes and Musicians driving around in Maybach 62's and it just looks goofy to me...Same goes with Phantoms...
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I've driven all of those cars except for the 62 and they all drove poorly IMO. I guess if youwant luxurious interiors, tons of features/gadgets, cushy rides, and some bling factor those are the cars to buy.

I'm just biased honestly, I'd rather drive an exotic over any of those under any circumstances. 911 Turbo or LP560 are cushy enough for me
laugh.gif

damn if i had all this money, i wouldn't over do it on all those cars.

regardless of how much money i had i couldn't justify spending 200k on a car that i would drive just once a week if that.

give me a cayenne, 6 series coupe, carerra coupe, and a range rover and im game.

also, the hottest car is beckham's drop top phantom. been driven in the regular phantom once and it was like riding a boat.

i3allistic:
LifeLessons:
she is dumb....400k to switch it to an automatic? Kobe crazy for that but after that rape case he gotta be the female dog in the relationship....
WOW!
laugh.gif
....400k is chump change to them ....so what if she wants to drive it w/ automatic transmission....i know plently of girls that know how to drive a stick shift, but prefer to go with automatic....its no big deal, but some of yall are
roll.gif

There are dudes on here that can't freaking drive a stick.
laugh.gif

Some of you have friends that can't drive a stick.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

i3allistic:
LifeLessons:
she is dumb....400k to switch it to an automatic? Kobe crazy for that but after that rape case he gotta be the female dog in the relationship....
WOW!
laugh.gif
....400k is chump change to them ....so what if she wants to drive it w/ automatic transmission....i know plently of girls that know how to drive a stick shift, but prefer to go with automatic....its no big deal, but some of yall are
roll.gif

There are dudes on here that can't freaking drive a stick.
laugh.gif

Some of you have friends that can't drive a stick.
laugh.gif

There are dudes on here that can't freaking drive.

What's the average age of an Nter? 15?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by youngnflithy

How are you hating on that Maserati? Maybe yellow isn't your thing. Maybe expensive 3 piece color coordinated wheels arn't your thing. The car is custom while not being gaudy, which is the best personalization of all. Don't give me that affecting performance BS either. If he wanted a "race car" he would have copped a "race car".
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom