SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I'm down to watching the spidey cartoon movie but damn, the voice actor for Peter Parker is no bueno

They literally couldn't find literally anybody else to play Peter?

If we can’t get Matthew McConaughey for Adam Warlock than I think he could pull off Norman.

Sony Reportedly Developing Silk Spider-Man Spinoff Movie
This honestly makes more sense than the first rumored Morbius, Silver Sable/Black Cat, and Nightwatch movies

Sony should've been copying Marvel comics with the different and near endless Spidey-spinoffs especially when it became clear they couldn't do a Spider-Woman movie.

I'm convinced that Sony isnt THIS dumb, but they're doing it to try to save their film division.

A Silk movie isn't dumb.

Rearrange a few things origin wise and boom you gotnys female Spidey. Then they can back door in Spider-Girl.

Done right, it can ride certain wavew and be a huge success.

But yeah their entire film division, not just superhero movies. And I do wonder why they haven't pursued other comic book properties to adapt that have potential to be franchises. I mean Fox didnt just rely on X-Men, they made Kick-Was movies. WB did the samw withba whole bunch of other independent comics.

Last edited:
it's not dumb per se but without spidey being involved in all that they're trying to do, it just means changes are to be made and I dont trust them yet with creative liberties.

I'm gonna be blunt and say Venom looks ***

it's not dumb per se but without spidey being involved in all that they're trying to do, it just means changes are to be made and I dont trust them yet with creative liberties.

I'm gonna be blunt and say Venom looks ***
Venom is a bit different cuz his origin is tied to Spidey and he's a direct spinoff hit character. Story wise much closely intertwined.

But with Silk, all you need is Peter around to see his origin. Its gonna be much harder to introduce Ezekiel or explain her bunker history especially if they include the interiors. Don't really need Spidey at all for Silk. It'd help for the teamup but isnt necessary.

Now if this was a Scarlet Spider movie rumor..... :lol:

Yeah they are. Remember who "had" the role and got dropped because he told his friends? No way the Marvel Execs aren't in on what Tom is doing minus that one interview.

I only very vaguely remember the story/origin of the black spidey suit as i read those comics 30+ years ago...

but didn't he go to a planet...and acquire the suit as like an alien life form that leeched onto him like a parasite...
then peter had to get it blasted off or something?

could "far from home" be an origin story of the original black suit perhaps?

:nerd:

this was one of my favorite covers from back around then...

Spectacular-Spider-Man-101-.jpg

IIRC a different origin for the Venom suit was as an organic suit designed by Peter's father and Eddie's father.

Back
Top Bottom