SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I only very vaguely remember the story/origin of the black spidey suit as i read those comics 30+ years ago...

but didn't he go to a planet...and acquire the suit as like an alien life form that leeched onto him like a parasite...
then peter had to get it blasted off or something?

could "far from home" be an origin story of the original black suit perhaps?

:nerd:
During Secret Wars he needed a new suit and was given the Black suit. Had no idea it was alive until he got back to Earth.

Its said the Spidey sequel was shot in London due to some field trip in story. Hence, far from home. It'd be crazy if he ends up in space again :lol:
IIRC a different origin for the Venom suit was as an organic suit designed by Peter's father and Eddie's father.
That was the Ultimate universe origin. They were trying to cire cancer or something. Made the suite and it became the venom symbiote.

Kevin Feige Confirms SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Title

Feige clarified as much while speaking to CinemaBlend at the Ant-Man and The Wasppress junket, while also suggesting that the divisive title will have several connotations.

"[It's] similar [to Spider-Man: Homecoming]. I won't say what the meanings are, but we enjoy that title because, like Homecoming, it is full of alternate meaning. And we liked continuing the 'Home' thing, with the little Spidey symbol in the 'Home.'

I loved the title immediately upon seeing it for the exact reasons Feige just named. Similar to Homecoming, the plot of the movie in part dealt with a Homecoming dance but the title largely was dedicated to the fact that Spider-Man had “come home” to Marvel produced films and this was Marvel’s first official Spider-Man film. The “Far From Home” title seems to coincide with part of the plot centering around a field trip but I feel the title is largely dedicated to the idea that this film will be darker than Homecoming and will have Peter dealing with more mature themes and ramifications of his actions. Being that a film of that nature would be “far different from Homecoming” the title “Far From Home” seems apt.

Last edited:
35575314_159736338220335_5871711586351054848_n.jpg

Todd McFarlane Believes Spawn/Venom Crossover Movie is Possible

In a new interview with Comic Book Resources, McFarlane – who also co-created the character of Venom – is already getting excited about the chance of seeing those two characters share the screen one day:

Here’s a big “What If.” What if Sony distributes Spawn? Then is it possible that in the future Sony could have a crossover with Venom and Spawn? It’s possible. So, I will be presenting that possibility to the Sony executives when we get ready.

My conversation with them would be, why wouldn’t you? Here’s what I know. Let’s say Venom is huge — I hope it is — then no matter who distributes Spawn, the first thing you will see in every trailer will be, “From the co-creator of Venom.” So, then my question to Sony is, why would you let one of your competitors use that line, given that it was your effort that made Venom work? Your money that made Venom work? Your marketing that made Venom work? I think it’s worth asking, then, what happens if they both work? And then what happens ten years down the line, when they want to do a Spawn/Venom crossover and they get the guy who helped create both those characters to direct it? Might be kind of cool.

WTF: More People Have Watched the ‘Venom’ Trailer Than Any Spider-Man Trailer

Venom’s Impressive Trailer Numbers
Meanwhile, ScreenCrush crunched the numbers and found that the most trailer for Sony’s Tom Hardy-led Venom movie has a staggering 64 million views on YouTube. Avengers: Infinity War has it beat by a long shot with 202 million, but when you compare Venom‘s view count to all of the previous Spider-Man trailers (even including the upcoming Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse) Venom‘s 64 million blows them all out of the water.

I only very vaguely remember the story/origin of the black spidey suit as i read those comics 30+ years ago...

but didn't he go to a planet...and acquire the suit as like an alien life form that leeched onto him like a parasite...
then peter had to get it blasted off or something?

could "far from home" be an origin story of the original black suit perhaps?

:nerd:

this was one of my favorite covers from back around then...

Spectacular-Spider-Man-101-.jpg

In the comic books it's the 'Secret Wars' storyline you're referring too. In the 90s cartoon show I believe it's J.Jonah's son (an astronaut) that brings the symbiote back to earth and it bonds first with Spiderman when he rescues the astronauts after they crash land.

Todd McFarlane should be more worried about them casting Jamie Foxx as Spawn. He's a good actor but just can't seem him as a Al Simmons/Spawn.

who would you guys have picked?

i've never really dug deep into Spawn, I just always thought looked awesome with cool powers but I don't really relate Simmons to anyone so I probably wouldn't have been cool if they casted anyone as long as it's not Tyrese

who would you guys have picked?

i've never really dug deep into Spawn, I just always thought looked awesome with cool powers but I don't really relate Simmons to anyone so I probably wouldn't have been cool if they casted anyone as long as it's not Tyrese

Some new blood; there's talent out there and Spawn will all likelihood be CGIed. Tyrese is too far gone as a comedic, support actor and Jamie Foxx was trash as Electro.

i can't put the horrific role of electro on Jamie, he had to work with what they gave him and making him a giant nerd just made it look like he was making a parody or a comedy sketch :lol:

Jamie is a really good actor.

Not worried at all. If the movie is good/well written he'll most likely get way more ppl to like Al Simmons than in comics.

Those Venom trailer views are no surprise. Those rabid extreme 90s fans of Venom outnumbered Spidey fans and they're all in their 30s or 40s now.

why do we need a morbius movie.
but if his fans are happy, cool.
eh at jared leto for the role tho. eh.

Man besides Venom I knew Sony was being too quiet with the ridiculous reports.
This dude Leto gonna have a definitive CBM performance no matter what

Man besides Venom I knew Sony was being too quiet with the ridiculous reports.
This dude Leto gonna have a definitive CBM performance no matter what

I see Sony strategy. Just toss A list actors a major bag and hope it works. Issa gamble but I respect it.

Back
Top Bottom