SRT Owners Step In

Driving that thing as a daily driver is asinine.

owning that vehicle for its horsepower and "sporty acceloration" is just as dumb in my opinion.

And last, people who drive SUV's like sport coupes are lames, i hate seeing them on the road.

I got a jeep. Raced a Vette SS on the beltway last night! TOASTED that foo! I'll post pics, but I need to get a carwash and detail the tires... jointlookin like I went mudding.

Originally Posted by Charles Barkley

owning that vehicle for its horsepower and "sporty acceloration" is just as dumb in my opinion.

And last, people who drive SUV's like sport coupes are lames, i hate seeing them on the road.
50abe2c5-5a12-44ab-89d5-6a04802e9b48

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

Thanks! Ohhh a Neon SRT-4.

Man those things are no joke.

Not at all. I tried racing one in my Z28 years ago and got absolutely destroyed.

i also was destroyed by one
laugh.gif

colbolts are nasty too
Yeah those things will take me after 80-90. After that the Jeep's aerodynamics takes over and I realize I am racing a brick. LOL

From a dig up to about 80 the Jeep is king. After that then thats another story.

Man I can't wait to do the SRT Track Experience in the summer.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

I got a jeep. Raced a Vette SS on the beltway last night! TOASTED that foo! I'll post pics, but I need to get a carwash and detail the tires... joint lookin like I went mudding.

O'rly?

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

I got a jeep. Raced a Vette SS on the beltway last night! TOASTED that foo! I'll post pics, but I need to get a carwash and detail the tires... joint lookin like I went mudding.

Are you talking about a Corvette or are you talking about a Trailblazer SS? With my 5.7 HEMI (which is what I assume you have because you said yours lookedlike it went mudding), I had a intake, exhaust, and a CMR tune and the best I could do in the 1/4 was a 14.2. Bone stock a 5.7 WK (Grand Cherokee) runs in thelow to mid 15's. Out of the box the Trailblazers are in the 14's.

Originally Posted by Charles Barkley

50abe2c5-5a12-44ab-89d5-6a04802e9b48
I personally never understood the point of "fast" SUV's...I always thought the Cayenne Turbo, G55 AMG, X6/X5 M's were apointless concept. Like strapping a rocket to an elephant

damn, 14.2? i did a 14.7 with bolt-ons

Yes Sir. And you can go on the Jeep boards to confirm.

19627-2007-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Timeslip.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic. But my mods on my old 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (5.7) was: Jet 180 T-Stat, Bwoody CAI (3.5), Dynomax Bullet Muffler and I hadthe reso chopped off, MHP CMR Tune.

My record was 14.255 but the slip was unreadable. Damn Englishtown!

Bwoody CAI 4 inch

DynoGibFlow Exhaust (Dynomax Ultraflo-X Muffler, Gibson 3'' pipes, and Flowmaster 5 inch tips)

CMR (Diablo Predator) Dyno Tune.

BuilderBill Valve Body
Dynomax ultra flows
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I have two 3" center in/out on my 408 stroker along with an H-pipe and they flow about 1100cfm. Sounds like a nice little build up.

You guys know you can't really compare time slips if you don't run at the same track. It's all in the DA, I know a guy that runs low 12s in NewMexico when he ran at a track that was sea level he was running mid-low 11s. Thats a big difference.

But if Mr.Moday Night is in the same location as you there is no excuse, his Jeep must be a pig.

What was your 60' times Monday night?

Originally Posted by Munfy

Bwoody CAI 4 inch

DynoGibFlow Exhaust (Dynomax Ultraflo-X Muffler, Gibson 3'' pipes, and Flowmaster 5 inch tips)

CMR (Diablo Predator) Dyno Tune.

BuilderBill Valve Body
Dynomax ultra flows
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I have two 3" center in/out on my 408 stroker along with an H-pipe and they flow about 1100cfm. Sounds like a nice little build up.

You guys know you can't really compare time slips if you don't run at the same track. It's all in the DA, I know a guy that runs low 12s in New Mexico when he ran at a track that was sea level he was running mid-low 11s. Thats a big difference.

But if Mr.Moday Night is in the same location as you there is no excuse, his Jeep must be a pig.

We need some video clips Sir of that 408 speaking.
happy.gif

Well if we correct the time slips then it can be comparable though. FWIW E-town is only like 38 ft above sea level so.....

But yeah my old 5.7 Jeep was a monster. No one on the boards believed me that all I had was a intake exhaust and a tune.

What I want for my SRT is to run 12.4-12.5 in the fall and no higher than 13.0 in the summer. With those mods I think I will be able to accomplish that. I mayhave to get a upgraded TCM though. We will see.

We need some video clips Sir of that 408 speaking.
happy.gif

Well if we correct the time slips then it can be comparable though. FWIW E-town is only like 38 ft above sea level so.....

But yeah my old 5.7 Jeep was a monster. No one on the boards believed me that all I had was a intake exhaust and a tune.

What I want for my SRT is to run 12.4-12.5 in the fall and no higher than 13.0 in the summer. With those mods I think I will be able to accomplish that. I may have to get a upgraded TCM though. We will see.
http://user.streetfire.ne...a-RT-408-idle_717875.htm

This is the first video after the break-in. It had open headers in the video but I will get more this summer and a few races. So no sound clip of the dynomaxyet. My compression ratio is 10.9:1 so no boost for me but yes on the nitrous. Fully forged, aluminum heads, nasty cam, 3800 stall etc. But it will stilldrive like it did stock and I still have A/C.

I'm building another right now that will be low compression, half filled block and a single turbo. Dropping it in a gen III regular cab dakota, but thatproject is top secret to the general public.

There is always a few factory freaks out there that run faster than most.

Nah, dog, that was with a tsx
laugh.gif
that's why i wassurprised @ his 1/4 mile ..my 0-60 was 6 seconds.

mods were injen cai, comptech header, hondata, greddy sp2, xlr8 cat, function and form type 2 coilovers, and hankook rubber

im kinda glad da republicans is gonna even out da house and senate so that i don't ever gotta worry bout puttin a tax on gas, or tryin to kill my V8s
pimp.gif

Nah, dog, that was with a tsx
laugh.gif
that's why i was surprised @ his 1/4 mile ..my 0-60 was 6 seconds.

mods were injen cai, comptech header, hondata, greddy sp2, xlr8 cat, function and form type 2 coilovers, and hankook rubber
AWD FTW.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

im kinda glad da republicans is gonna even out da house and senate so that i don't ever gotta worry bout puttin a tax on gas, or tryin to kill my V8s
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My dad's got a srt-10 ram. New racing cams, exhaust, chip, etc. Thing is insane. appreciated.

Figured I give this thread a bump.

Anymore SRT owners?

Mods since the thread: H/L Covers, Gibson Exhaust with Flowmaster 5 inch tips, Tint (whole windshield at 50%, front sides at 20), Diablo Predator with a CMR tune from Johan, 6k lows/fogs, vled 6k switchbacks for the parking lights, tinted LED tails, Bwoody CAI, and a Catch can

Next up I want to do Kooks Headers.
happy.gif

What are everyone's thoughts on the WK2 SRT? Looks nice but not as aggressive looking as the first gen.

dsc04578q.jpg

2007 Torred SRT Charger

Bought mine June of 09. When I first saw this car I immediately fell in love with it. The 06 red looked cool but when they changed it to Torred in 07 it was over for me. Had a chance a few years earlier to get a Charger but I was patient because I wasn't gonna get a Charger unless it was an SRT and in this particular color. Finally in 09 the bug really hit me and I had the money. Started looking around and couldn't find many in this color.  Finally found one in Arizona ( I'm from LA)from a private high end dealership (all the other cars he had were BMW's, Audis, Porsche's etc) and we made a deal on a Thursday and I was going to go out to pick it up on Saturday. I couldn't even wait so I called the guy back and told him I'd be up there tomorrow. Bought a Southwest Airlines ticket from L.A to Phoenix that night, called out sick from work the next and I was in Phoenix by 8am Friday. The guy picked me up from the airport, we made the deal and off I went in my SRT Charger driving it back home to LA 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom