Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jesus christ 2016... I'm legit sad. I grew up on these movies as I'm sure most of you in here. R.I.P. I was watching TFA last night and teared up everytime there was a Leia scene.

I was watching TFA last night and teared up everytime there was a Leia scene.

Damn, I've never been that attached to any celebrity.

Sometimes not sure if you guys are embellishing these reactions or not.

No disrespect I just don't feel it.

Reminds me of when Paul Walker died.

Just doesn't compute to me.

RIP none the less.

I was watching TFA last night and teared up everytime there was a Leia scene.

Damn, I've never been that attached to any celebrity.

Sometimes not sure if you guys are embellishing these reactions or not.

No disrespect I just don't feel it.

Reminds me of when Paul Walker died.

Just doesn't compute to me.

RIP none the less.

Only one for me was Sean Price, I got super bummed out once I found out he died... Dude was my favorite rapper :frown:...

But he also died on my birthday and I found out after coming down off a ton of Molly, so yeah :lol:...

R.I.P General Organa.

Some people say the movie was too dark. So what would do you want a Vader movie about? [emoji]128529[/emoji]
Would contain at least two musical dance offs
Anybody saying this would probably want a Vader movie where he's questioning his actions, still struggling on the dark side like a beta. Flashback scene where he thinks of Padme and other lame *** ****.

This was a straight up war flick about a society under oppression. Bleak outcomes are good days. If they didn't like the mirroring of the real world oh well.

I want a Vader movie that's pretty much the Vader comic Marvel just did with the last 30-40 mins being Vader Down.

Only celebrity I would be truly sad is Kobesnd that's a maybe.

For sure Stan lee. Dude just seems like an awesome guy.

Since it seems like she would've been in Ep. IX too, I wonder if she'll get the "Paul Walker" treatment at the end of VIII. Or maybe, they'll do like Rogue One and CGI her in again for Ep. IX for a few scenes to wrap up Leia's story in the saga?

The hype for Episode VIII will definitely be kicked up a notch now. Not like that movie would've needed it, but still..."Controversy sells, but it ain't like death"

I want a Vader movie that's pretty much the Vader comic Marvel just did with the last 30-40 mins being Vader Down.
PLEASE NO VADER MOVIE.

It'll never work.

They'll try to humanize him and make him relatable to the viewers 
sick.gif

I like my Vader in savage doses.

I would've liked straight savage Vader until clone wars. That Anakin character was ill unlike the prequels, want to know what he really went through.

the prequel story of vader took away form his aura imo.

i don't want to believe that whiny emotional kid turned out to be that savage at the end of rouge one.

i refuse.

i have erased the prequels from my memory. Nothing good came from them. surprised they put jimmy smiths character in rouge one.

Prequels were not that bad. If only that anakin turned Into some other villain.

Weird that his turn was mostly due to his dreams involving padme dying and wanting to save her. Dude killed her himself :lol:

Yeah Clone wars Anakin wasn't whiny or emotional, great leader, strategist, savage, feared Jedi, dope pilot, great mentor etc. They made him how he was described. Actually did not want the heel turn. The prequel depiction was a huge misstep.

PLEASE NO VADER MOVIE.

It'll never work.

They'll try to humanize him and make him relatable to the viewers :x

I like my Vader in savage doses.

Go read that Marvel run of Darth Vader and the Vader Down event. Vader down is like Black Hawk Down but with Vader.

Why can't they do a Vader movie where he's not the protagonist? You can make it a movie about him hunting down Jedi, have it follow Kenobi or some band of Jedis. Follow them, have plenty of Vader in it, but don't humanize him; make him like Jaws or Michael Meyers, some unstoppable killing machine that can't be reasoned with. They're the stars of the show despite not being the leads. Just a thought.

^^^^ Agree 100%. His depiction in clone wars is in stark contrast to his ep II and III portrayals.

I honestly believe that there is a good trilogy to be found in the story of the prequels, but that the direction was poor, CG was overused, good actors were forced to work with scrubs (Ian McDiarmid, Ewan Mcgregor, and Portman are all very good at times), and Anakin's turn to the dark side was far too quick to be convincing at all.

Last edited:
Anakin's turn to the Dark Side was the worst transition of all time. I feel that Episode III had to be rushed because of the nonsense filler that got put in Episode I and II :x Even to this day my friends and I mock those awkward @#$ lines from those Anakin and Padme love scenes, and we're not even really fans of the series :lol:

Last edited:
That's a fair statement to make. Luke was one of the most irritating characters of all time in ANH and ESB. You have to sit through 2 movies of him whining and acting stupidly before he finally slightly mans up in ROTJ. I don't see any appeal of his character in those movies. The supporting characters carried that trilogy

Last edited:
That's a fair statement to make. Luke was one of the most irritating characters of all time in ANH and ESB. You have to sit through 2 movies of him whining and acting stupidly before he finally slightly mans up in ROTJ. I don't see any appeal of his character in those movies
Slightly? He is a confident badass in RotJ.
we're not even really fans of the series
the prequel story of vader took away form his aura imo.

i don't want to believe that whiny emotional kid turned out to be that savage at the end of rouge one.
So then how do you feel about the other whiny emotional kid turning into the greatest Jedi ever?
As much as I like Luke, within the Disney canon, we still haven't found out how powerful Luke ended up becoming, or if he even did anything of note after the Battle of Endor. Hopefully a lot of that is answered in Ep 8

So then how do you feel about the other whiny emotional kid turning into the greatest Jedi ever?

hayden christiansen and mark hamills characters are vastly different.

luke skywalker was more developed as a character. They both had their "whiny" moments but lukes were out of eagerness and anakin was more like entitlement
again...just my opinion.

but maybe I'm wrong about the anakin character because i don't watch the prequels and i haven't seen any of them since they came out in the theater.

i remember he didn't like sand. maybe thats why darth vader didn't go directly to the beach to kill them in rouge one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom