Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Get out because I watch the movies casually instead of being a die hard fan? By "not a fan of the series" I mean that I'm not one of those people that get mad at the prequels or the changes Lucas made to the original trilogy. Yes, I don't think the prequels or stupid changes are good at all, but it doesn't affect me emotionally, unlike the fans that want George Lucas dead or in jail :lol:

Last edited:
Get out because I watch the movies casually instead of being a die hard fan? By "not a fan of the series" I mean that I'm not one of those people that get mad at the prequels or the changes Lucas made to the original trilogy. Yes, I don't think the prequels or stupid changes are good at all, but it doesn't affect me emotionally, unlike the fans that want George Lucas dead or in jail :lol:
Why can't they do a Vader movie where he's not the protagonist? You can make it a movie about him hunting down Jedi, have it follow Kenobi or some band of Jedis. Follow them, have plenty of Vader in it, but don't humanize him; make him like Jaws or Michael Meyers, some unstoppable killing machine that can't be reasoned with. They're the stars of the show despite not being the leads. Just a thought.

I said something similar a couple weeks back, I actually wondered if they could tie in the connection from Empire where he uses Bounty Hunters to help him locate and kill hiding Jedi. :nerd:

Obviously never finds Obi Wan, or Yoda, but he would be able to find a few, and with the obvious scenes of Vader dueling Jedi to death, you could have a few scenes with Bounty Hunters gettin down with some Jedi. (as a way to not have a million diff Vader v Jedi clashes and make it too redundant.)

I don't think it will actually happen any time soon, but someday down the line, I wonder if someone approaches Disney about that kind of film. In fact, you could use that as a springboard for a Bounty Hunters film/spinoff using Vader in the first one as your main drawing interest.

I don't want the man dead, or in jail, I just call it like I see it, and that's he simply screwed up his own franchise. (or, took it off the rails a lil bit is probably more apt)

:lol: how did he not find Obi wan though? Ben Kenobi was just chillin on his home planet near the Skywalker family.

Last edited:
:lol: how did he not find Obi wan though? Ben Kenobi was just chillin on his home planet near the Skywalker family.

How would Vader know that? He thought Padme and his child were dead, why would Ben go to his homeworld? That's quite literally the perfect hiding spot.

Had Vader known his child was alive, then he would have had a reason to start looking there.

As far as the name, he was an old hermit, not a known Jedi by that point. No one would have any reason to speak of him off-world.

Last edited:
well vader was a powerful jedi. he should have been able to feel some type of feeling

maybe he knew and he didnt want to find his children because he knew what the ultimate outcome would be. the emperor would have had them killed or replace vader with one of them.

vader would have some type of feel still as he turned and saved luke in the end

as for a vader movie, plenty of jedi he could kill or have killed. kanaan, ezra, and that self proclaimed empress chraracter and little jedi boy from the lego freemakers.

then have him finally kill asohka

couldnt they even make a rogue two movie where a band of rebels get intel on the death star 2?

Get out because I watch the movies casually instead of being a die hard fan? By "not a fan of the series" I mean that I'm not one of those people that get mad at the prequels or the changes Lucas made to the original trilogy. Yes, I don't think the prequels or stupid changes are good at all, but it doesn't affect me emotionally, unlike the fans that want George Lucas dead or in jail
laugh.gif
I was mostly joking. But it does seem odd to even bother posting in here if you  don't consider yourself to even really be a fan of the series... 
nerd.gif

I don't hold a personal grudge against Lucas. I don't agree with the SEs or how he did most of the PT, but at the end of the day we wouldn't have SW if it wasn't for his original vision, so even if I'm dissatisfied with some of it, overall I'm grateful to him.

So then how do you feel about the other whiny emotional kid turning into the greatest Jedi ever?
runs in the family :smokin :smokin

Sure does. Look at Kylo, dude is channeling his inner Anakin (Hayden's portrayal) in TFA.

Anakin=Luke=Kylo

All whiny and annoying, but I love all three.

People complain about how Luke and Anakin may have been whiny, but dudes were 19/early 20's. Kanye damn near 40 and behaves the same way, albeit less murders, but people love him for it :lol:

1357431801_KanyeShrug1.jpg

Last edited:
i think i know, but I'm curious on your interpretation
It was a nice way to bridge the original SW fans with their kids and grandkids.

How many NTers went to see TFA with their children?

Really the only thing about TFA and ANH that are similar is the Death Star which really is just there for nostalgia.

People act like it's a complete remake.

I didn't see luke as whiney in anh just a kid who's coming of age and wants to get the hell out of the **** hole situation he's in but afraid to his family down, he was whiney in empire though acting like he knew better than yoda , then Jedi he's a total badass the rescue of han he pretty much takes on jaba's crew by himself , whoops vader in a lightsaber fight and talks **** to the emperor (maybe not the best idea?)all while redeeming his fallen father , Luke's story arch was great far better than what they did with Anakin in the prequels, I'm hoping for God level master jedi luke in episode 8 and they better not kill him off on some obiwan force ghost **** either

Only one for me was Sean Price, I got super bummed out once I found out he died... Dude was my favorite rapper :frown:...

But he also died on my birthday and I found out after coming down off a ton of Molly, so yeah :lol:...

didnt know actor ryan phillippe was close with dude. thats an odd pairing. son got a tat honoring him
View media item 2278506
I like Phillippe even more now :lol:

I can only imagine him blasting some Jesus Price Supastar and Magnum Force in his car.

Last edited:
Yeah Clone wars Anakin wasn't whiny or emotional, great leader, strategist, savage, feared Jedi, dope pilot, great mentor etc. They made him how he was described. Actually did not want the heel turn. The prequel depiction was a huge misstep.

Facts, but that's why I liked the turn. If anything, I thought him being depicted like that, Anakin Skywalker, hero of the clone wars, made his eventual fall that much better and more tragic. Even without having major problems with the prequels, i've always felt that AOTC bungled it by not portraying Anakin in a way that really lived up to Obi-Wan's original claim that Luke's father was a "good man". Even a lot of books and comics in the EU didn't really manage to do much better. Clone Wars did and I love it for that more than anything else.

Still amazed people don't fully get why TFA was what it was :stoneface:

Where does this assumption come from that people aren't aware? It's possible to be fully aware and still not be happy with it.

I didn't see luke as whiney in anh just a kid who's coming of age and wants to get the hell out of the **** hole situation he's in but afraid to his family down, he was whiney in empire though acting like he knew better than yoda , then Jedi he's a total badass the rescue of han he pretty much takes on jaba's crew by himself , whoops vader in a lightsaber fight and talks **** to the emperor (maybe not the best idea?)all while redeeming his fallen father , Luke's story arch was great far better than what they did with Anakin in the prequels, I'm hoping for God level master jedi luke in episode 8 and they better not kill him off on some obiwan force ghost **** either

Whiney has never been a word I used to describe Luke in all honesty. I guess you could say he's whiney in A New Hope when you think about it, but I wouldn't say it's to the point that it's all he does. Only times I can really think of him complaining were in regards to his uncle not letting him go off to join the Academy (Which seemed justified to me) and when Han told him the price for travel to Alderaan (Which at the same time showed some confidence and combativeness as well). Mostly I feel the same way about Empire. Dude's a freaking Commander of his own squadron by this point, taking the lead in the Battle of Hoth. He then goes to Dagobah. Yeah, there's some griping on his part in regards to his training, but it's still nothing major to me. He then rushes off to fight Vader, which he's doing in order to save his friends. It's a fact that the people he cares about are in danger. Of course he wants to go off and save them. Sure, he could've spent more time planning it out and that showed him as being too quick to act if anything, but that's hardly whiney. And it leads to so good development for him when Vader stomps him afterwards :lol:

Last edited:
They should've cast Ryan Phillips as Anakin instead of Hayden Christensen.
the prequel story of vader took away form his aura imo.

i don't want to believe that whiny emotional kid turned out to be that savage at the end of rouge one.

i refuse.

i have erased the prequels from my memory. Nothing good came from them. surprised they put jimmy smiths character in rouge one.
:lol: Anakin to Vader reminds me of what just happened with William to the Man in black from Westworld.

So then how do you feel about the other whiny emotional kid turning into the greatest Jedi ever?
runs in the family :smokin :smokin

Sure does. Look at Kylo, dude is channeling his inner Anakin (Hayden's portrayal) in TFA.

Anakin=Luke=Kylo

All whiny and annoying, but I love all three.
This is a good point which should be stressed since inknow it was brought up before cuz Kylo is almost as lame as prequel Anakin.

Still amazed people don't fully get why TFA was what it was :stoneface:
I get it. Still would've preferred they moved forward.

You mention it was some plan to bridge children and parents who were fans but to me I just blame JJ Abrams. He's not as innovative or creative or worth huge praise.

His Star Trek remake/reboot has elements of rehashing what's been done as well.

As a director/writer I can't say he's made some of my favorite movies or tv shows. He just happens to be attached to a lot of successful things.

i think i know, but I'm curious on your interpretation

It was a nice way to bridge the original SW fans with their kids and grandkids.

How many NTers went to see TFA with their children?

Really the only thing about TFA and ANH that are similar is the Death Star which really is just there for nostalgia.

People act like it's a complete remake.
It's a remake combination of ANH mostly and then dashed of ROTJ.

If you do a summary it's damn near identical. Let's pretend that's not the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom