Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I can dig that. I'm over here trying to turn star wars land into a ghost town, at least for a month or two. People need to put their hate where their wallet is. THAT'LL SHOW EM!

Okay saw the movie tuesday a second time and I wrote down/analyse a bit more.

first off Ben from the very first time of the Force FaceTime he said you couldn’t have done this the effort would’ve killed you so Ben knew more off the bat it’s not him nor her and somebody else is involved. Duh. The reveal couldn’t have been too much of a shock to Ben.

When the little kid is telling all the horse dogs to run he had on the ring on so there’s that.

When they cut to the scene of Rey getting into the space coffin she’s putting the Jedi books in the storage spot

Snoke said that to take down skwalker his equal must do it, thought it was Ben, but turns out Ben's equal is Rey (in the light).

Have the Golden dice been discussed in here yet? (please correct me if I'm wrong) but I like to think they were Force beepers. Snoke connected ReyBen through his great power for FFT, maybe Luke and Leia connected through the dice? Luke did go to the Falcon just for them. R2 appeared again. and when Ben finally got into the base, picked up the dice, ReyBen had another FFT once last time. Luke is gone so the dice disappeared because it can't have one without the other (luke dead, leia alive)

The dice is something but I haven't finsihed watching the cinematic playthrough of BF2 which is canon and Luke does obtain the compass from the inferno squad. don't know how much more in depth it went with the compass and recent fall of the empire. again correct me/fill me in.

black kid tells the story of Lukes fight when we only just saw it happen? Word travels that fast or what? there were two creatures made out of scrap metal to resemble the AT-ATs and a piece of block metal for the battering ram cannon.

I'm pages behind this thread my dudes. on 943 so bare with me lol

If the prequels sucked. And people are hating this new trilogy. Star Wars is seeming a lot like eminems catalog. Good in the beginning and never good again. If that makes sense? Like people haven’t ever been happy and I’m not old enough to know how people treated the original trilogy.

I'll give TLJ some credit- visually it looks like a Star Wars film. The prequels relied heavily on CGI, that in some cases didn't hold up well years later. They felt like video game cut scenes at times. TLJ uses CGI well for the most part.

No one who the current movies are marketed too was around for the first set, probably not even the second set. It's Disney, they thrive off the younger generations, and have been around for so long not off nostalgia so much as creating a dream world for children. As children's taste changes generation wise, they adapt and evolve. This is their adaption of star wars. We don't have to get it, the millions of kids out there buying toys, costumes, watching the dvds a million times are what matters in the long run. They didn't spend a few billion hoping adults would want all the toys and other stuff. They know kids are the primary expense and parents are going to spend that bread to make their kids happy. I've noticed there isn't a bunch of angry kids making YouTube videos on how the movie is full of holes, how this don't add up, stuff like that, or do I just not care enough and missed it?

/Film has placed a spotlight on an interesting detail nestled in Star Wars Insider Magazine’s special souvenir Star Wars: The Last Jedi issue. Leading off a section placing focus on Supreme Leader Snoke (and featured in bold for additional attention-grabbing action), we’re presented with the knowledge that Snoke has trained “at least one other apprentice” other than Kylo Ren. The presentation of the news sure as sugar doesn’t feel unintentional and invites all sorts of questions of what (and who) is to come with JJ Abrams’ Episode IX.

The publication is owned by Lucasfilm, so the printing of this detail required a gatekeeper’s approval. The phrasing seems to leave the door open for more than one other apprentice and the reminder that Snoke is “highly attuned to the dark side but not a Sith” gets the speculation juices flowing. This might be a case of reading way too heavily into things too and that’s perfectly alright. Half the fun is obsessing over theories, ideas and paths for the franchise. Y’know, provided you can be cool with those things potentially not coming true.

Star Wars: Episode IX is slated to arrive in theaters on December 20, 2019.

snoke-apprentice-700x952.jpg

Idk about all that lol

Reminds me of ol boy in the stranger things thread who said there was a love triangle with hopper Mike and 11 lol

Nah after dissecting it with a few friends they brought up astute points with that. In what circumstance is an adult sneaking into a anyone’s room let alone a young person’s room while they are sleep not looked at as inappropriate? On top of that, the point of the story is Luke having his “lightsaber” out which both Luke and Kylo agree was the point where everything went down hill.

It’s the only way to make a killer a sympathetic figure. Some type of abuse. It’s why the film makes Luke’s guilt so heavy. It’s Star Wars and Disney’s way of tackling a touchy subject.

Rian Johnson is a HACK for doing this to Luke Skywalker and Star Wars.

/Film has placed a spotlight on an interesting detail nestled in Star Wars Insider Magazine’s special souvenir Star Wars: The Last Jedi issue. Leading off a section placing focus on Supreme Leader Snoke (and featured in bold for additional attention-grabbing action), we’re presented with the knowledge that Snoke has trained “at least one other apprentice” other than Kylo Ren. The presentation of the news sure as sugar doesn’t feel unintentional and invites all sorts of questions of what (and who) is to come with JJ Abrams’ Episode IX.

The publication is owned by Lucasfilm, so the printing of this detail required a gatekeeper’s approval. The phrasing seems to leave the door open for more than one other apprentice and the reminder that Snoke is “highly attuned to the dark side but not a Sith” gets the speculation juices flowing. This might be a case of reading way too heavily into things too and that’s perfectly alright. Half the fun is obsessing over theories, ideas and paths for the franchise. Y’know, provided you can be cool with those things potentially not coming true.

Star Wars: Episode IX is slated to arrive in theaters on December 20, 2019.

snoke-apprentice-700x952.jpg

After this film, are we really caring about implications and hints anymore?

Nah after dissecting it with a few friends they brought up astute points with that. In what circumstance is an adult sneaking into a anyone’s room let alone a young person’s room while they are sleep not looked at as inappropriate? On top of that, the point of the story is Luke having his “lightsaber” out which both Luke and Kylo agree was the point where everything went down hill.

Just like the stranger things theory I don' know anyone else who saw it like that lol
No one I know has eluded to that....the light saber is a phallic symbol???

And if (I cant believe I'm going here) luke pulled out his "saber" kylo pulled his out too....sooooo...what does that mean... Force pause...i dont want to go further into that metaphor lol....i dunno man if thats what you get from that then thats that but im gonna respectfully disagree on my end.

So we're suppose to just bash TLJ until Solo comes out?

People actually care about Solo?? They had to get the dude playing Han an acting coach in the middle of filming.

Just like the stranger things theory I don' know anyone else who saw it like that lol
No one I know has eluded to that....the light saber is a phallic symbol???

And if (I cant believe I'm going here) luke pulled out his "saber" kylo pulled his out too....sooooo...what does that mean... Force pause...i dont want to go further into that metaphor lol....i dunno man if thats what you get from that then thats that but im gonna respectfully disagree on my end.

I didn’t want to look at it like that neither but the fact that Luke Skywalker would put himself in time out while the galaxy is falling apart makes no sense even in the context that it’s explained within the film at least on the surface. Then I look at it overall and Luke coming into Kylo’s room while he was asleep is emphasized in the film when they explain that situation. Then I kept trying to figure out while this film was being referred to as “Dark”. Kylo’s uncle came in his room late at night and he hasn’t been the same since.... Why would Rian Johnson have Luke come to Kylo while he’s sleep in the first place? There’s something he tried to imply but had to do it within the parameters of Star Wars and Disney.

Cmon bro, you can't say he tried to do anything unless you were the one signing his checks. People are now insinuating he was about to be molested in a metaphorical kind of way? You could take a million things everyday and think of it as a metaphor for something evil, that don't mean that's what it is.

Cmon bro, you can't say he tried to do anything unless you were the one signing his checks. People are now insinuating he was about to be molested in a metaphorical kind of way? You could take a million things everyday and think of it as a metaphor for something evil, that don't mean that's what it is.

But an adult sneaking into a kids room at night is going to be frowned upon in any medium. There’s something to be said for Rian Johnson making the misunderstanding of Kylo and Luke happen under THOSE circumstances. You’re trying to make a villain that committed Patricide in front of the audience to one of the most beloved film heroes a sympathetic figure. The only way to do that is to show him as a vulnerable kid (see Vader). Luke’s depression and shame from that moment ONLY makes sense if you look at it within those parameters. You can’t seriously think Rian Johnson wrote that scene and no one, not even himself questioned it as so. Which is the point. Luke sneaking into a kid’s room makes no sense. Luke pulling out his lightsaber makes no sense. Luke’s guilt to the point of submission makes no sense. Put it all together though. I’m sure other people will begin to put the pieces together soon as well...

He was going to kill homeboy is what I took it as, i don't think of molesting when I see movies that have adults going into kids rooms when they sleep. Specially if they got light sabers and plan on cutting them in half

Back
Top Bottom