Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we caught this movie during the rebuild, then. We might not be sure of the direction, but someone making decisions does. I say this with hope, though.

Very apropos. The Last Jedi is Star Wars satire.

D537D3D2-3F7C-44A1-A95F-FC32BDD4507D.jpeg

Speaking of that, is rogue one good? Tried watching it with my kids but didn't want to after the first part when the parents get smoked.

Speaking of that, is rogue one good? Tried watching it with my kids but didn't want to after the first part when the parents get smoked.
yes it is. Rogue one has one of the best space battles in all of the saga. Better then the TFA and TLJ Once again IMo

Reactions: ARK
Ima have to check it out on my phone or something, give a screen test before the little ones watch. Thanks!

I'm not sure why people think Luke failed. I didn't get that impression at all. I didn't LOVE this movie but I think much of the criticism is unfair or misplaced, or maybe just trolling.

It’s better than TLJ. As far as little ones it may be a little grim since all the protagonists die. Vader gets a legendary scene though. Which the same respect could have been given to his son :smh:

I'm not sure why people think Luke failed. I didn't get that impression at all. I didn't LOVE this movie but I think much of the criticism is unfair or misplaced, or maybe just trolling.

Luke Skywalker hid while the galaxy went into turmoil and on top of that it was inadvertently his fault that his bloodline, the most powerful bloodline in the GFFA went to the darkside. What exactly is unfair, misplaced or trolling about what this movie presented. It is what is. They brought the greatest movie hero of all time down to weathered old man full of regrets. Luke Skywalker should have symbolized hope not only in the film but outside of the film too. Ain’t no kids looking up to Luke Skywalker after this film. Disgusting that they ruined 40 years of a hero to hype up a Mary Sue

Luke Skywalker should have symbolized hope not only in the film but outside of the film too. Ain’t no kids looking up to Luke Skywalker after this film. Disgusting that they ruined 40 years of a hero to hype up a Mary Sue

Isn't hope what he delivered at the end? He gave the Rebellion a shot.

"Tearing down" a hero that you've looked up to, I get that. If he's your guy, then yes, that would be frustrating to see, I suppose. I loved Luke as well and he's always been my favorite character in the Star Wars Universe. But at the same time, if he came out here guns blazing and it would have felt a little cheap to me, especially with the effort to develop the newer "leads" in the franchise.

Ima have to check it out on my phone or something, give a screen test before the little ones watch. Thanks!
it’s basically a war movie. if you’d let your kids watch saving private ryan or blackhawk down, then they can watch this one. if not....

That's what I figured, I don't really get enough me time to check out a movie, but this is priority now.

Isn't hope what he delivered at the end? He gave the Rebellion a shot.

"Tearing down" a hero that you've looked up to, I get that. If he's your guy, then yes, that would be frustrating to see, I suppose. I loved Luke as well and he's always been my favorite character in the Star Wars Universe. But at the same time, if he came out here guns blazing and it would have felt a little cheap to me, especially with the effort to develop the newer "leads" in the franchise.

A shot at what exactly? Surviving? The man that saved the whole galaxy multiple times is reduced to saving the lives of 12-20 people as some type of honor? Nah man, I’m not accepting it. 30 years and that’s what Luke Skywalker’s swan song is. You give me a coward who won’t go to Crait to save his family but Rey will. Who is Rey?! Like legit, two movies and we still don’t know.

I thought it was weird, a star wars with no jedis, but I've heard it was good from my dad. Probably explains why I haven't seen it yet.

I been waiting to see what you thought of it.

I was going to but then I started reading the replies.

thread is cancerous

How can we even have mature dialogue when dudes are talking about Luke raping his nephew? How is THAT what you got out of it. I literally haven’t spoken to one person who even remotely came to that conclusion.

Yeah I'm not buying this fans who hated this don't know what they want bull **** cop out from ppl who liked the film

The 2 extremes aren't rehash or something different. There are things about this movie I can understand ppl being disappointed by.

Also just because something is different, does not mean it is good. Straight up using logical fallacies to defend this movie and dismiss ppl who didn't like it.

Just saw the movie, absolutely loved it. One of my favorite in the series as a whole. I will come back tomorrow and add to the discussion, but I left the movie really happy.

My only real gripe with the movie is there was a lot of attempted humor that missed the mark completely

it’s basically a war movie. if you’d let your kids watch saving private ryan or blackhawk down, then they can watch this one. if not....

Better than both TFA and TLJ imo.

Ditto what others have said. You're missing out on one of best. Enjoy. This imdb guide might help for the kids. People will die.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3748528/parentalguide

Chinese-Rogue-One-Trailer-Chirrut-shoots-down-a-TIE-Fighter.gif

Back
Top Bottom