Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not ready yet to **** on KK's helming of this ship.

TFA was a rehash but paid off. TLJ was different but just not in the best direction.

I don't see much else to be mad at her about agenda wise. Directors get fired all the time. Feige does it often.

I know nothing about Kathleen K and her contribution to the SW renaissance, but there's no Feige-type person here and you can tell. Is it not true that JJ did not plan out anything that he set up during TFA? He wasn't even going to come back to Star Wars after directing VII.

It was a safe and well-made set-up movie meant to re-ingratiate fans with the franchise so that the next movies could branch out. It worked despite the issues people had with it. There was just enough wiggle room for Star Wars to "grow" - which is a common platitude being used to dismiss criticism of TLJ.

But to me it's so obvious there was no long-term Marvel-like plotting here. People can bring up the "LucasFilm Story Group" all they want, but at the end of the day the writer/director credit went solely to Rian Johnson and he gave us his unencumbered vision of Star Wars, trilogy be damned.

The plot of this movie was determined solely by the director's whims. He killed Snoke because he felt like the viewers didn't need to know who he was - Rey and Ren were more important (he has said this).

Rey's parents were nobody because he wanted to subvert the shocking "I am your father" reveal from ESB, and nothing more (he has said this).

Hell they should have had Feige handle Marvel and SW :lol:

Oh, after this movie its more than clear they dont have a Feige. Its like if SM3 was the direct sequel to SM1, you've be wondering what the **** is missing :lol:

But honestly of we all haven't realized by now Feige is gonna go down as a top genius architect/big picture guy in film period.

Nobody else really has come close.

But yeah, SW would be better in Feige's hands.

Feige has presided over a bunch of mostly B- level movies...very consistent but people seem to hold Star Wars to a a higher standard. fair or unfair.

C'mon son you'd want them to actually plan out the plotting of the trilogy that is a sequel to the most culturally prevalent and enduring cinematic franchise of all time

That point blank wasn't done - confirmed by both JJ and Rian

Saw the movie tonight..I enjoyed it and the whole family had fun..Sounds like some of y'all go to the movies with notebooks and pencils and spend more time analyzing every single little thing than just sitting back and enjoying a movie..But to each their own I guess..

Saw the movie tonight..I enjoyed it and the whole family had fun..Sounds like some of y'all go to the movies with notebooks and pencils and spend more time analyzing every single little thing than just sitting back and enjoying a movie..But to each their own I guess..

these types of people are fascinating to me

C'mon son you'd want them to actually plan out the plotting of the trilogy that is a sequel to the most culturally prevalent and enduring cinematic franchise of all time

I need JJ to retcon this entire movie for the culture

Luke saw something in Kylo that was so bad he was ready to kill him right then and there but allows him to terrorize the galaxy while he stays on a destitute island and does nothing. Like.....what?

The only way JJ can save this ST is if episode 9 ends with Luke at the celebration of Endor having day dreamed this whole ST and then walking over to Leia and Han and handing them a rubber.

Reactions: ARK

I can go to a movie to enjoy it but criticize it if there are things worth criticizing. It's not that hard. No notebook needed.

I agree it wasn't done. I think it's clear there was some changes they thought needed to be made.

The emotional weight of Rey finding Luke Skywalker and the viewers seeing him on screen for the first time in over 30 years in the TFA and then the transition to the slapstick comedy feel of Rey finding Luke and him chucking the saber over his shoulder in TLJ :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Son JJ and them said they cried filming that scene. Rian Johnson....why?

What are rumored story details for Star Wars 9?

Poe Dameron is leading the resistance or rebel alliance or whatever it technically is because TLJ did not once elaborate on the actual political status of the Galaxy

We get a bunch of hitherto unknown characters to support the remaining Resistance members who weren't victims of Poe and Holdo's incompetence genocide (aka the "allies in the Outer Rim" who left Leia on "read" for some reason)

Kylo Ren is oh so conflicted and deep and compelling, but also still a 30 year old teen and ruling the most powerful military in the galaxy as such. He's giving more orders to divert all forces and resources from valuable missions whenever it even looks like the Millennium Falcon is on the horizon

Rey is a Jedi without any real training, hurdles or trials, and personal demons to overcome. But it's cool she got da books b.

Finn and Rose ****

LOL LOOK AT BB8 BEING CARTOONY

Kylo and Rey still got Force Skype and Force Skype sexting ain't cutting it

So at the end of the big climactic battle they make up, ****, and then Ben sacrifices his life to save her from some contrived nonsense

Maybe a few ghosts show up

New Jedi Order, the vaguely defined "Republic" from this trilogy makes a return, Rey looks hopeful at a gang of former slave kids who are already moving boulders with their minds

Da end. Saved you the cost of admission

They’re going toward a Romeo and Juliet type of deal. Rey and Kylo will have feelings for each other but be on opposing factions.

Hopefully Rey is the one that kicks the bucket with her boring ***

Now when I think back on it, Rey found Luke too easily. All of TFA, is finding some guy who has the map to where Luke is and he's on some Jedi planet.

By the end, Rey just hops in to Millenium Falcon and goes directly to him, lightsaber in hand. I think the story would've been suited better if she had to actually find him on an entire planet. Luke is aware and makes himself hard to find. Faces a couple obstacles before he goes off on his direct training lessons. That way all of that Forceskype can get scrapped.

They’re going toward a Romeo and Juliet type of deal. Rey and Kylo will have feelings for each other but be on opposing factions.

1531731610622559814.gif

Hope to Hell No. That would be a terrible subplot.
Since your last major prediction maybe didn't come true, here's hoping this doesn't either.

Poe Dameron is leading the resistance or rebel alliance or whatever it technically is because TLJ did not once elaborate on the actual political status of the Galaxy

We get a bunch of hitherto unknown characters to support the remaining Resistance members who weren't victims of Poe and Holdo's incompetence genocide (aka the "allies in the Outer Rim" who left Leia on "read" for some reason)

Kylo Ren is oh so conflicted and deep and compelling, but also still a 30 year old teen and ruling the most powerful military in the galaxy as such. He's giving more orders to divert all forces and resources from valuable missions whenever it even looks like the Millennium Falcon is on the horizon

Rey is a Jedi without any real training, hurdles or trials, and personal demons to overcome. But it's cool she got da books b.

Finn and Rose ****

LOL LOOK AT BB8 BEING CARTOONY

Kylo and Rey still got Force Skype and Force Skype sexting ain't cutting it

So at the end of the big climactic battle they make up, ****, and then Ben sacrifices his life to save her from some contrived nonsense

Maybe a few ghosts show up

New Jedi Order, the vaguely defined "Republic" from this trilogy makes a return, Rey looks hopeful at a gang of former slave kids who are already moving boulders with their minds

Da end. Saved you the cost of admission

All that hyper criticism and you still couldn't come up with a better story. But you are right though: If the Resistance doesn't get their stuff together, Darth EMO will reign supreme. That might be a good way to end this Sequel Trilogy and get us into the next set of Sequels. Just eff up everything.

Marvel Universe has existing Comic books for their Universe. Star Wars is all new. Hope they include some previous EU material.

I do. But was still curious about what people wanted to see in next Episode. Thought that would be a good discussion.

This was interesting vid:

Back
Top Bottom