Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think kylo lied and reys parents are somewhat important.

OR she is a clone.
Which could explain that scene in the cave.

A clone.........clone of who tho? Who cloned her?

I like the idea, based with the cave.....it's doable, but iono if they go that route. My guess is they keep the Clone era in the PT. But.......it was used before, after the OT, but that chapter is closed now, I can't imagine them opening it again. (It was awesome tho :nerd: )

Gonna go watch it a 3rd time today. And I didn’t even think it was a good movie lol. That’s how much I sadly love Star Wars. Disney knows they can get away with mediocrity because of how great the concept is.

What I took from the the lame *** Rey in the cave scene was that it expounded on what Luke said about the dark side and the light side of the force essentially being vanity and that “we” control are paths and don’t belong to either. Rey went into the cave because the darkside was calling her and seemed as if it was gonna give her answers but there was essentially a mirror (vanity) that only showed her and even when she thought she saw would see her parents it was still just her. To show her that the answers are within her and her situation doesn’t determine where her allegiance should lie.

It’s corroborated with Kylo not being able to kill Leia and killing snoke. Neither of them or essentially none of the Force has a dark or a light. Just users who’s internal struggles manipulate their use of the force.

Trash :rolleyes

unless i was watching a different movie, they said who rey’s parents are. filthy junk traders. nobodies. didn’t seem like a trick. maybe jj will come in on ep ix and pull a donald trump and undo everything in xiii but that scene was pretty convincing imo.

What I took from the the lame *** Rey in the cave scene was that it expounded on what Luke said about the dark side and the light side of the force essentially being vanity and that “we” control are paths and don’t belong to either. Rey went into the cave because the darkside was calling her and seemed as if it was gonna give her answers but there was essentially a mirror (vanity) that only showed her and even when she thought she saw would see her parents it was still just her. To show her that the answers are within her and her situation doesn’t determine where her allegiance should lie.

It’s corroborated with Kylo not being able to kill Leia and killing snoke. Neither of them or essentially none of the Force has a dark or a light. Just users who’s internal struggles manipulate their use of the force.

Trash :rolleyes

I thought about that cave scene compared to empire when luke goes into that cave on degobah and basically realizes if he joins the dark side he will become his father.

If you mirror that symbolism I guess you could interpret some things with reys darkside cave scene but its all ****** up now.

I thought about that cave scene compared to empire when luke goes into that cave on degobah and basically realizes if he joins the dark side he will become his father.

If you mirror that symbolism I guess you could interpret some things with reys darkside cave scene but its all ****** up now.

The story demanded that she be Luke Skywalker’s daughter. So many missed opportunities :smh:

Honestly who gives a **** who her father is?

Are you going to hate on LeBron cuz he's not the son of MJ :lol:

Cmon, let's go hate on the Lakers 2000s championships cuz Kobe is not the son of Magic

OR she is a clone.
giphy.gif

unless i was watching a different movie, they said who rey’s parents are. filthy junk traders. nobodies. didn’t seem like a trick. maybe jj will come in on ep ix and pull a donald trump and undo everything in xiii but that scene was pretty convincing imo.
Yes. To me it was also very definitive in its declaration. A clear statement closing that case.

Which is why I found it so dubious that ppl in here after seeing the same movie claiming there's still a chance for another twist with characters who would be the parents that are all dead.

******* ludicrous and holds no basis in sound storytelling.

Melt down, mocking you guys? :lol:

I'm literally laughing at your complaints, or questions, etc. Most of you contradict your own posts like the guy who said I pointed Zik at the EU, huh? :lol: The EU is closed, the Disney canonized stuff is separate. I never pointed Zik to the EU, so what was he talkin about?

Your blatant overuse of laugh emojis/dismissing others' opinions definitely says enough.

I still can't believe you guys are trying to say we don't "understand" the movie. Living in La La Land must be nice.

Your blatant overuse of laugh emojis/dismissing others' opinions definitely says enough.

I still can't believe you guys are trying to say we don't "understand" the movie. Living in La La Land must be nice.

You saying "you guys"......I'm not saying that. I'm not speaking with anyone else. I haven't said you don't understand.

I'm pointing out those that are angry their fan theories weren't realized.
I'm pointing out characters that THEY feel are important, but Disney/JJ/Rian don't agree with. (Snoke/Phasma)

I'm laughing at those that believe Disney doesn't have an overseer.

I'm not telling you, or others they don't understand something. We all interpret things differently, there is no right or wrong there.

Oh, and anyone that thinks this film is harming the Star Wars brand, that gets plenty of :lol: :lol: :lol:

Naw. You are just following along. You said point blank you enjoyed it, now are following along skewering it. Without rewatching it or anything to change your mind. That is groupthink. *Shrugs*

Yes. To me it was also very definitive in its declaration. A clear statement closing that case.

Which is why I found it so dubious that ppl in here after seeing the same movie claiming there's still a chance for another twist with characters who would be the parents that are all dead.

****ing ludicrous and holds no basis in sound storytelling.

"DARTH VADER KILLED YOUR FATHER" was also a pretty clear statement at that time.

Hence the twist.

It has to be believed....definitive....for a twist.

Again im I'm not saying any kind of twist will happen now tho cuz it's all ****** up

"DARTH VADER KILLED YOUR FATHER" was also a pretty clear statement at that time.

Hence the twist.
The comparison doesn't line up to me.

Rey admits this in the movie. It isn't told to her. This is something she knew deep down.

Now can JJ bring some hacky twist to dismiss that and flip the themes on their head and say all that destiny **** matters, sure, but I don't see the comparison.

By Obi-Wan's view, Vader did "kill" Anakin. At least the Anakin he knew. The Anakin he knew wasn't a Sith. The your pops was killed is just additional information to add to Luke's situation of being an orphan raised by his "uncle". It adds to Luke's grudge against Vader. That's why it sets up the twist so well.

In the scenario of TLJ, Rey is admitting something she knows to be true. What Kylo says to her is akin to what Vader says to Luke. This isn't like Kylo informing Rey of new info.

Plus that lines up and is product of theme about ignoring your past and making your own destiny not being ruled by something preset.

Besides at this point, who could Rey's parents be that it would even matter in IX? Han is dead. Luke is dead. Carrie Fisher is dead so Leia is basically dead or shelved.

We gonna trot out Lando for a twist? :nerd:

There's no depth to Luke being her father now with Luke being dead unless the mother is gonna suddenly appear. There's no depth at all to Han and/or Leia being the parents cuz she met Han and nothing, then he died so there's not even a reunion. Even worse with Leia. There's nothing to Kylo and Rey being siblings given how far things have progressed in TLJ. The time for that revelation has passed.

Last edited:

OR she is a clone.

if she's a clone I'm officially done...

can someone explain to me why y'all hate this movie so much ? i really enjoyed it

Since there are accusations of groupthink... I just want to set my own accord.

I did have any plot expectations regarding Rey's Lineage. I did not have expectations for Luke to live or die or stay on the light side even... My disappointment is not rooted in the failure of the writer to play the story as I hoped. My issue with the Last Jedi is specifically LAZINESS in the execution of every plot development in the film. The writing is LAZY. Do whatever you like with the trilogy, but be thorough about it. The Star Wars Universe deserves that respect. There is enough content in the films and books, and video games to make references and achieve some kind of cohesion in the story telling.

Episodes I - III are considered bad by the Original trilogy standards for diehard fans, but the hate for those movies stems mostly from some goofy childish things that go on in those movies (ie. Jar Jar). Even though you may not like some characters or dialogue, Anakin's story was flushed out completely and there were relatively few holes that the audience had to fill in. The films spanned across different worlds Naboo, Tatooine, Mustafar, Kamino, Geonosis, etc... There was some though put into the alien species diversity. The characters made sense.

The Force Awakens being the first movie laid a direction and didn't have any expectations that needed to be attached to the story. We went along with what they wanted and nostalgia carried the film into acceptance and praise.
Things that needed to be addressed from TFA were as follows:

Why is Kylo darkside?
- weak and unlikely explanation based on the past character of luke (ie. #notmyluke)
- doesn't pull the trigger on mom (which could have been very emotional and satisfying for fans, instead they weird us out with her force powers)
- Snoke is never explained and very easily overpowered... like seriously not much of a fight at all

Why is Rey force sensitive?
- could have been family, midichlorian child aka force chosen, could have been as simple as the balance of the force required 2 sith and 2 jedi. But they kill luke and snoke leaving no masters and underskilled apprentices. They might as well have had luke decide no one should use the force essentially becoming darkside tryig to protect people which would have given Rey and Kylo a better reason to hook up and a better lightsaber fight.

What are Poe and Finn going to contribute for the rebel alliance?
- nothing but making empowered women look good.
- oh find the code breaker.. red lapel pin very important... NVM random guy in a cell will do. NVM again mission is pointless we already had a plan

Because none of these were addressed properly.. Everything going forward seems random and inconsequential like the lives of the space fodder that made up the last remaining rebel fleet. The only way for the rebels to overcome the first order now is MORE LAZY WRITING. (thusly franchise quality is kinda killed) They killed admiral ackbar... in a trap.... and didn't even have him say its a trap.... just give the fans a little bit. you dont have to let everything from the past die with no tribute

Last edited:
Just curious, in your neighborhoods, around your kids, neieces, etc. has there been a influx of girls into Star Wars compared to the past?

These commercials make it seems like that’s the case.

Just curious, in your neighborhoods, around your kids, neieces, etc. has there been a influx of girls into Star Wars compared to the past?

These commercials make it seems like that’s the case.
Idk about that but just seems that Hollywood in general seems to be targeting women more.

Back
Top Bottom