Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think i heard the pacino thing before

sarcasm or not - i think rusty is right - pacino would have come off more like a nerd as solo than ford

also - and of great importance - pacino is too damb short to be han solo

BTW, in case someone reads by comment wrong again, even if the they pick up on the sarcasm, I am just saying both Pacino and Ford are charismatic actors.

I am not comparing the two.

Brah, What the hell does that have to do with him being the only non expendable actor in the Star Wars universe?

because finding someone who posses the unique, intangible quality that makes someone a movie star is harder to find than someone who is merley good at acting.

Han Solo is the only true movie star in star wars, thus the hardest one to re cast.

i am comparing them in the role of han solo

and i think we generally agree in here that ford was a better choice
maybe not? :nerd:

because finding someone who posses the unique, intangible quality that makes someone a movie star is harder to find than someone who is merley good at acting.

Han Solo is the only true movie star in star wars, thus the hardest one to re cast.
-You are moving the goal post. First he was the only one that can't be recast, now he is the hardest one to recast.

-And like dude mentioned, Ford was not even the first choice for the role.

-Mark Hamill perfectly embodied and acted the most important role in the series, yet he is expendable. Sorry, not buying that.

-You are moving the goal post. First he was the only one that can't be recast, now he is the hardest one to recast.

-And like dude mentioned, Ford was not even the first choice for the role.

im not moving anything. dude im not writing a legal brief, I was being hyperbolic for effect, obviously it's not literally impossible, just extremely extremely hard.

don't be so obtuse my guy.

im not moving anything. dude im not writing a legal brief, I was being hyperbolic for effect, obviously it's not literally impossible, just extremely extremely hard.

don't be so obtuse my guy.
How I am being obtuse?

By holding you to what you said? Dude miss me with that ****.

I am not saying or implying that you said it is physically or legally impossible to recast the role. I always assumed you were talking about how iconic the role was, hence some else not being able to play the role

I even talk about acting ability (which you dismissed) and brought up the fact that another actor was in line for the role, to push back a bit on that point and argue. I am not picking at your words. I am questioning your overall argument. I am not even disagreeing with you, just saying Luke Skywalker is in that same category. You going from "only" to "hardest" seems to change the argument you are making.

So please, how about you not be obtuse.

Ever wonder that maybe people are not slow to understand your arguments, but instead you might not be making a very good one.

Last edited:
How I am being obtuse?

By holding you to what you said? Dude miss me with that ****.

I am not saying or implying that you said it is physically or legally impossible to recast the role. I always assumed you were talking about how iconic the role was, hence some else not being able to play the role

I even talk about acting ability (which you dismissed) and brought up the fact that another actor was in line for the role, to push back a bit on that point and argue. I am not picking at your words. I am questioning your overall argument. I am not even disagreeing with you, just saying Luke Skywalker is in that same category. You going from "only" to "hardest" seems to change the argument you are making.

So please, how about you not be obtuse.

Ever wonder that maybe people are not slow to understand your arguments, but instead you might not be making a very good one.

you are being obtuse.

im not talking about the characger, im talking about the difference between an actor and a movie star.

its hard to find a movie star, its easier to find good actors. its not complex. mark hammil is not a movie star harrison ford is.

if you think mark hammil is a movie star, ill jist agree to disagree.

I believe all 3 of them could be recast for future movies and I wanted it to happen.

Seeing 70 year old Han Solo, 65+ year old Luke Skywalker, and 60ish year old Leia has zero appeal to me.

It was fan service idiocy that led them down this trail.

We've had 11 Batman's, multiple Jack Ryan's, multiple Sarah Conner's, 3 Jokers, characters get recast all the time. Hell, we have two Obi Wan's.

Would it take getting used to? Absolutely.
Would they have to be smart who they cast? Yes, no doubt.
Would it work with the right story and other characters around them? 100% yes.

They could have cast 35-45 year olds for the trio and made them more useful to the new story. The first new film Han was killed. Luke had four seconds and no dialogue, and Leia had 2-3 scenes of note.
That's better than recasting them and having them more vital to the story, really? I don't buy that at all.

I'm still happy with what we've gotten and where we can still go, but I'll never agree with Disney going the nostalgia route to appease fans of only the films and not the universe.

Saying there can be only one Luke is stupid and narrow-minded, imo.

Last edited:
you are being obtuse.

im not talking about the characger, im talking about the difference between an actor and a movie star.

its hard to find a movie star, its easier to find good actors. its not complex. mark hammil is not a movie star harrison ford is.

if you think mark hammil is a movie star, ill jist agree to disagree.
So now I am obtuse being for a different reason :rolleyes :lol: . As I said, you can miss me with that bull ****.

Your argument is just weak from multiple angles. The problem is not me "getting it."

You just repeating "Ford is movie star Hamill is not" so that makes him not replaceable, but Hamill is. However, Harrison Ford was not a movie star when he was initially cast, and you ignore the fact they offered the damn Han Solo role to someone else. The offered it to a legit Oscar nominated movie star.

Even if the said they were redoing the entire originally tomorrow, you think that having a different actor play Han will be an issue, but having a different Luke would not? Or people will not flip out if there was a non-Hamill, "Luke Skywalker Story" movie. Imagine if they had recast the big three for the sequels, you really think Ford being replaced would have been the biggest issue because "he is the movie star, the others are just actors."

Other than in your head, I don't see how your argument is strong. Hamill being "a movie star" or not important. He can't be easily replaced for his set of unique reasons.

But anyway, you can have it.

Last edited:
Funny thing I just read which is relevant

Al Pacino actually was originally offered the role of Han Solo but he turned it down because he didn't understand the script :lol:

Sounds like Sean Connery story.

He was offered a big role in The Matrix. He turned it down because he didn't understand it.
He was offered a big role in Lord of the Rings. He turned it down because he didn't understand it.

So he accepted his next offer even when he didn't understand it, because he didn't want it to happen again.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

:lol :lol :lol

He was offered a big role in The Matrix. He turned it down because he didn't understand it.
He was offered a big role in Lord of the Rings. He turned it down because he didn't understand it.

So he accepted his next offer even when he didn't understand it, because he didn't want it to happen again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :rollin

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn, didn't know about this. What roles? Presumably Gandalf? And Morpheus?!

Back
Top Bottom