Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J.J. Abrams just revealed Leia’s new title in The Force Awakens

Take note, Star Wars fans: She’s not “Princess Leia” anymore.

In a recent interview, Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams revealed that Carrie Fisher’s iconic character will be answering to a new title in the upcoming film. When The Force Awakens hits theaters, the former diplomat from Alderaan and officer of the Rebel Alliance will go by “General Leia.

Speaking to EW about the much-anticipated December release, Abrams explained Leia hasn’t entirely dropped her old “Princess Leia” title, and offered some context for the change.

“She’s referred to as General,” said Abrams. “But … there’s a moment in the movie where a character sort of slips and calls her ‘Princess.'”

“The stakes are pretty high in the story for her,” he added, “so there’s not much goofing around where Leia’s concerned, but it felt historic to have her, especially with Harrison, back in scenes together. I can only imagine the baggage that they bring to it, I’m just a fan who loves this stuff, but they’ve been living with it — and living in it — since ’77.”

Fisher herself offered some additional context for Leia’s state of mind more than three decades after the events of Episode VI — Return of the Jedi.

“[She’s] solitary. Under a lot of pressure,” said Fisher. “Committed as ever to her cause, but I would imagine feeling somewhat defeated, tired, and pissed.”

Set 30 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI — Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens introduces a new set of heroes and villains to the Star Wars universe, while also bringing back a long list of fan-favorite characters from the previous films. The film stars returning cast members Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker, as well as newcomers John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, Crystal Clarke, Pip Anderson, Christina Chong, and Miltos Yerolemou.

The Force Awakens is directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay penned by Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan, and Michael Arndt.

Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens hits theaters December 18, 2015. It will be followed on December 16, 2016, by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, then Star Wars: Episode VIII on May 26, 2017, and the Han Solo anthology movie on May 25, 2018.

Source:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/j-j-abrams-just-revealed-153020980.html

I hope people will kill the "Luke is the villain/Kylo Ren" and "Snoke = Plageuis" talk already. I can guarantee you it's not happening.

Went to a K Mart (looking for Black Series Kylo Ren Starkiller Base) and a couple Targets yesterday. Found another Black Series Captain Phasma
pimp.gif
Considering doing a raffle for her in this thread if there's enough interest. Otherwise I'm going to try to trade for the Kylo Ren Starkiller Base or something else.
Sweet. Sign me up lol.

Did anyone that pre-ordered the Kylo star killer base from K-Mart actually get theirs yet? I haven't heard a word since getting order confirmation.

Picked-up my packet for the packet for the Avengers RunDisney this weekend and they had the Star Wars Medals out on display and they look awesome. Wish it didn't sell out as quick but with the movie hype I had almost no chance.

View media item 1785051

Last edited:
Oh snap...

Could this be.... (potentially major spoiler)
Snoke?
This was the rumored concept art, and that picture is not too far from it...

snoke1.jpg
doubt it. Indie Revolver already said the design has changed a bunch of times since then and it's confirmed in the EW piece

the first pic is just straight up shopped tho

Last edited:
Picked-up my packet for the packet for the Avengers RunDisney this weekend and they had the Star Wars Medals out on display and they look awesome. Wish it didn't sell out as quick but with the movie hype I had almost no chance.

View media item 1785051

I AM SO JUICED FOR THIS!

Running the Rebel Challenge so I will be going for the X-Wing, Yavin, and Rebel Medals with R2 in the middle!

Also doing the Dark Side Challenge at WDW. Cannot wait to see the design of those medals.

Question, did people live on the Deathstar? Or was it simply to be used as a mobile base/weapon?

Back
Top Bottom