Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i thought stormtroopers were all clones tho?

how is Finn a stormtrooper then?

Or am i missing something. I really don't follow the EU at all....

While the initial troopers were all clones of Jango Fett, after the installation of the Galactic Empire most of the men in the white armor were either enlisted or conscripted humans of normal birth. This is evident by the varying heights, sizes, and voices of the Stormtroopers seen in the original trilogy.

Hamill on NDAs.

"It's crazy. This NDA stuff - non-disclosure agreement. Where you're not allowed to talk about stuff. I have something coming out, where there's an amount of money where if it leaks because of me, I don't get that payment. If I keep it a secret until the day it comes out, I get that payment."

Hamill insists that he's good at keeping secrets, citing his ability to keep the Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker twist a secret from his wife and original trilogy co-star, Harrison Ford. "The original line was, 'You don't know the truth, Obi Wan killed your father. And [Irvin Kershner] said we're going to take out that line and put, "I am your father."...It was a mind-boggling plot twist...Now it's happening all over again. I'm not even authorized to tell you that I'm in Episode VII."

i thought stormtroopers were all clones tho?

how is Finn a stormtrooper then?

Or am i missing something. I really don't follow the EU at all....
Clonetroopers continued their service after the Republic changed to the Empire, but as they aged they were replaced by naturally-aging, non-clone humans through normal recruitment of the general population.

Remember that clones aged at double the normal rate. If a normal human would be in military service for say 20 years, this means clones would only be available for 10. Considering that the Clone Wars started 22 years before ANH, one would assume that all clones had been phased out of service long (perhaps a decade) before the events of ANH. And TFA is several decades after ANH... so Finn is good to go
wink.gif

EDIT: Took me forever to post. Looks like @RFX45  beat me to the punch :tongue:

Last edited:
What looks lame about it? The fighting style? The fact the lightsaber doesn't slice through the stormtrooper's weapon?
The fact that a stormtrooper is going head to head with a dude holding a lightsaber :rofl:  just my opinion

Maybe the dude in the stormtrooper outfit is someone in disguise.

Maybe it's someone that knows Finn, from when Finn was a stormtrooper.

You don't even know what the scene is about, or even if it's going to be in the movie, but you're already judging it? :lol:

And it's 30 years later, after the Empire was defeated by a single Jedi and his friends, I would assume maybe some of them have had some training on dealing with Force users at some point? That not a reasonable assumption?

You don't even know what the scene is about, or even if it's going to be in the movie, but you're already judging it?
laugh.gif

And it's 30 years later, after the Empire was defeated by a single Jedi and his friends, I would assume maybe some of them have had some training on dealing with Force users at some point? That not a reasonable assumption?
Why would they be training on dealing with people with the force if basically everyone who had the force is dead...

You don't even know what the scene is about, or even if it's going to be in the movie, but you're already judging it? :lol:

Why would they be training on dealing with people with the force if basically everyone who had the force is dead...

Dude, you realize Kylo Ren came from somewhere, right?

And that Luke, came from somewhere, right?

Or that Leia could use the Force, right?

And that there used to be THOUSANDS of Jedi, and Sith beforehand, right?

But the galaxy was to believe that the Force was dead and buried now, and would never return, ever? :lol:

Isn't that the basis of this movie that the force has disappeared and Jedi are basically no longer a thing? I mean the title is "Force Awakens"...so....sounds like the force has been gone for sometime. Idk. Also most logically theory, Kilo Ren is Han/Leia's kid.

Isn't that the basis of this movie that the force has disappeared and Jedi are basically no longer a thing? I mean the title is "Force Awakens"...so....sounds like the force has been gone for sometime. Idk. Also most logically theory, Kilo Ren is Han/Leia's kid.

Yeah, and yet, all of those people are still alive, and in control of the Force, pretty weird huh? :lol:

It makes perfect sense that a military may want to train just in case they ever have dealings with someone who is Force sensitive, even if they don't encounter them daily, don'tcha think?

This shouldn't be difficult to grasp man.

Yeah, and yet, all of those people are still alive, and in control of the Force, pretty weird huh?
laugh.gif

It makes perfect sense that a military may want to train just in case they ever have dealings with someone who is Force sensitive, even if they don't encounter them daily, don'tcha think?

It's difficult to grasp. 

Yeah, and yet, all of those people are still alive, and in control of the Force, pretty weird huh?
laugh.gif

It's difficult to grasp. 

Last edited:
What if Snoke is Darth Andeddu? I don't even know if he's still canon but hear me out lol

Wasn't the OG working title for VII "The Ancient Fear"? He's the first 'Darth' in sith history.

He seemed to be obessed with Sith artifacts, has a cult of followers that worship him and was apparently able to "Transcend death".

Also The first Snoke rumors said he was a very tall figure with a zombie like appearance. Some of the more recent rumors kind of him fit Andeddu's look too.

Maybe Snoke is just a holocron in this film and Kylo is actually looking for his tomb to resurrect him.

I'm just getting Plageuis fatigue and tired of almost ever SW Pod clanging on to hop that he's Snoke. This dude seems like a better option
laugh.gif

It would kind of make more sense for Snoke to just be someone completely different and for this guy to be who Benicio is playing in VIII now that i actually think about it

Star Wars already at 50 million sold, and the movie not out for another 27 days. :lol: :rofl:

A billion. Film gonna do a billion, domestic.

Man, i've been lowkey shook about seeing films opening weekend since the DKR shooting but still been going.

It's unfortunate to even have to think about **** like that when you're going out but don't let it stop you from enjoying yourself. It's good to be aware imo

Back
Top Bottom