Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^Haha, I got the same issue. I think you need some HIIT and on-point dieting in your life. I definitely cut down some with HIIT 1-2 a week. Now i substitute that for basketball.
The only cardio you do is HIIT for 2 days? How many days do you lift? I lift 4-5 days a week, and i run on the same days I lift after lifting..

HIIT is taxing, you should almost never lift on the same days you do HIIT. Once you try it, you'll understand why. But like everyone has pretty much been saying throughout the entire thread. Diet > exercise in terms of decreasing your BF. Taking into consideration you're still exercising though. You really can't have one without the other if you're really focused to lose BF.

Edit: QUESTION!

I've heard many conflicting views on what to do while sick as an athlete. Many have told me to drink plenty of liquids...and then rest. Others tell me you can drink liquids and then sweat it out. Also any ideas of what to eat as well, I wanna get over this quick as I can. I'm pretty much just making this my 1 week of rest before going back, but I don't want this cold to linger on for more than a week.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

^Haha, I got the same issue. I think you need some HIIT and on-point dieting in your life. I definitely cut down some with HIIT 1-2 a week. Now i substitute that for basketball.
The only cardio you do is HIIT for 2 days? How many days do you lift? I lift 4-5 days a week, and i run on the same days I lift after lifting..

HIIT is taxing, you should almost never lift on the same days you do HIIT. Once you try it, you'll understand why. But like everyone has pretty much been saying throughout the entire thread. Diet > exercise in terms of decreasing your BF. Taking into consideration you're still exercising though. You really can't have one without the other if you're really focused to lose BF.

Edit: QUESTION!

I've heard many conflicting views on what to do while sick as an athlete. Many have told me to drink plenty of liquids...and then rest. Others tell me you can drink liquids and then sweat it out. Also any ideas of what to eat as well, I wanna get over this quick as I can. I'm pretty much just making this my 1 week of rest before going back, but I don't want this cold to linger on for more than a week.
I drank a lot of water.  Around 8 liters, and I hit the treadmill.  I didn't do any HIIT and just wanted to sweat.  Then I went to the stairs machine.  Total workout was about an hour, and then I made sure to dry off before leaving the gym.  My cold went away in about 2 days. 

You feed a cold and starve the flu. 

Also, thread has really re-motivated me during the winter doldrums.  Muchos gracias.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Inno21

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I'm scared as hell to attempt power cleans
Don't be scared man, I was in the same boat as you a few years ago. 
- Get your form down. I start with just the bar and practiced the movements. After a while it almost became automatic, thats when i started adding weight. 

-Youtube is an excellent source for videos that will help with form. 

- After i got my form down, i started adding weight slowly. 

frown.gif
frown.gif
Like he said, just get the form down with little or no weight on the bar. Basically start at a weight where it's not a struggle but just enough to get a feel for the form. I'm a small guy, and it took me about a week to feel comfortable doing it with substantial weight, but now that I've got it down I love it. I feel it all through the posterior chain. It's not scary once you get used to it. Plus it just looks boss when your doing it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

I saw some stuff about the Paleo diet on the previous page. Ive been on it the past two weeks because my girl is crazy into crossfit and they all preach it. She promised that if I got on it that she would cook all my meals so I tried it out.

Currently on week 2 and although I'm not sticking straight to the guidelines (still eat eggs, drink coffee, salad dressing, get crunk 2-3 times a week), Ive lost some BF% and gained some LBM with no cardio. I thought I was going to lose a lot of mass/strength but the opposite is occurring. Its easy because I !#%%%+* love fruit, honestly I'll crush a !#%%%+* apple up and snort it like some Peruvian raw off my chicks *******, son.

Its a great diet for beginners who are trying to get serious about about their food intake because it changes your aesthetics about food, basically helping you make better choices by now having a better grasp on the value of food. For instance time on the diet will make you think twice before you pick up that cookie or cake. Even on wasted nights I'll shoot past the fast food joints and pick up a rotisserie chicken at the super market then just devour it.
I've been looking at it and a lot of people do it and do really well eating like that. Props on the progress. Crossfit is very tough, and I would do it, but the gyms over here are way too expensive.
How much do you guys pay per month for your gyms?

I just quit Planet Fitness because they're way too strict about what you can and can't do. No deadlifts, power cleans, etc.

I'm looking at 2 gyms to join. One is just weights for $20 a month. The other is LA Fitness(with classes, basketball, pool, raquetball, weights) for $35 a month. I'm really considering just getting a barbell and weights for my house and using that. I need to pick, but I just don't think that I'd use the extra stuff that LA Fitness gives because I can go to the park to play raquetball and basketball. Plus, there's a pool at home.
Its really hard to get serious when you aren't at a real gym. A decent barbell is going to cost you 200+ anyway and that isn't even including the 100+ you are going to have to spend on weights. LA fitness is cool because its nice to play ball or some racquetball sometimes. Just dish out the flow and join that $20/mo gym if anything, its really nothing for a gym.

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

i got into kettlebells last year. had a trainer but stopped. started doing them again recently. anyone else into them?
I don't do them, but they seem like fun. The only thing is they're expensive. Do you know of any place to get them cheaper? I wouldn't mind paying full price, but the shipping on them is crazy.
I'm really looking at all my options now: barbells, kettlebells, dumbbells, and gyms.

1585.jpg

Anyone have personal reviews on this?

I bought it off a friend earlier for $20, figured I would try it out because I'm thin for my height (150-155 lbs at 5'10") and could use all the mass gain I could get.

Originally Posted by bkmac

1585.jpg

I bought it off a friend earlier for $20, figured I would try it out because I'm thin for my height (150-155 lbs at 5'10") and could use all the mass gain I could get.
your pics aint workin

Originally Posted by bkmac

1585.jpg

Any sore of "mass" gainer is basura. Isolates FTW.

nah this one is actually pretty solid, complex carbs instead of maltodextrin

BUT........the protein is soy protein if i remember correctly. not ideal but w/e. it was a steal for $20.

Just picked up a container of L-Glutamine and PrimaForce Max CLA

Also consuming
-True Mass (1-2 shakes a day)
-GNC multivitamin (Performance+vitality)
-NO Shotgun

Are there any obvious issues with any of this?

Once my true mass and shotgun run out I'm going to replace them with
-ON hydro whey
-Dark Matter for the post workout
-SumperPump250 for the pre workout
-aswell as L-Glutamine, PrimaForce Max CLA, and of course the multivitamin

Thoughts?

And yes, I am eating to the highest standard I'm capable of! (I've quit drinking which was extremely hard)

glutamine is a waste of $$

hydro whey is also a shady product as they don't disclose the degree of hydrolysis of the protein. basically this means it's not worth the $$, as if it was they would.

I was originally going to use ON gold standard next, but then I got this flyer boasting all this yabber dabber that it's ON's best product. Is it that much more expensive?

Can you elaborate on Glutamine being a cash burn

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I was originally going to use ON gold standard next, but then I got this flyer boasting all this yabber dabber that it's ON's best product. Is it that much more expensive?

I've read that too.... but just stick with Whey protein. When it comes down to it, protein is protein, ya know?

Superpump 250 is trash. In fact all 'pre-workout'/ NO products are trash
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I've read that too.... but just stick with Whey protein. When it comes down to it, protein is protein, ya know?

laugh.gif
Is this fact or opinion? I'm still learning, and fast tracking the process by taking supps as I learn about them. Albeit possibly psychological, it does help me get in the zone

Originally Posted by jthagreat

do folks that are attempting to lose weight drink protein shakes?
Well are you trying to loose weight or body fat?

If you are lifting weights sure, but the protein you obtain in your healthy eating will probably be sufficent.
You need protein to build muscles. Make suure the shake is lower calories fats all the bad @++!.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
Is this fact or opinion? I'm still learning, and fast tracking the process by taking supps as I learn about them. Albeit possibly psychological, it does help me get in the zone
thats definitely my opinion. but hey, if it gets ya in the gym then use it
pimp.gif
But in the long run once you get into the swing of a nice daily routine you should try moving away from NO, that stuff is expensive.
I go for a nice lil pick-me-up Redline or Bang! every now and then
embarassed.gif

Hemp protein is a legitimate alternative to the other types. PM Meth about it he's really knowledgeable about all of it.

New workout album:
Devil Driver - pray for villians

I can probably get an additional ten mins of cardio in with this music

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Anybody know anything about these "vegan" protein powders?

Soy, hemp, rice, pea etc...

Waste of time or what?

wont be as good from a muscle-building perspective as whey protein but they all "work."

i'd go with hemp, soy has phytoestrogens which can lower testosterone levels in men.

if you're doing this for health reasons, keep in mind that whey protein provides a host of nutritional benefits and is more effective than protein powder from any vegan source.

Back
Top Bottom