Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/v/6ndaY6aQ04M&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=0http://www.youtube.com/v/6ndaY6aQ04M&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=0

eek.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Derek916

Went from 190 back to 196 in about 2 weeks. Thank goodness for not being sick and getting back on my diet and into the gym.

laugh.gif
....that translates into about .5 lbs of muscle, 1.5 lbs of water and 4lbs of fat
Hehehe.
or plenty of water and glycogen. doubt it's fat.

and to that video above.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
is that dude for real? most insane back arch i've ever seen.......which means like 1/4 ROM and he's basically decline benching instead of flat benching. kind of ridiculous.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by Derek916

Went from 190 back to 196 in about 2 weeks. Thank goodness for not being sick and getting back on my diet and into the gym.

laugh.gif
....that translates into about .5 lbs of muscle, 1.5 lbs of water and 4lbs of fat
Hehehe.
or plenty of water and glycogen. doubt it's fat.

the point i was trying to make is none if any of it was muscle so i don't know why he is bragging unless he means that hes finally healthy again?? idk how you even lose 6lbs while your sick

^ I didn't mean anything and it's obvious that due to me being sick I just mostly rehydrated to gain that weight back as JOE CAMEL stated. It was a statement to not be interpreted as bragging. I didn't make one mention of muscle gain, nor did I make myself sound cocky. All I said was I was feeling better and back to my routine you %*%%%@%.

^PWAHAHAHHAHAHA

I was sick too for the past week, didn't lift a thing...i used that as an excuse to rest my body for a week, came back and essentially havent missed a beat. I think I might've picked up a bit more strength too from resting all my muscles completely...plus the stress-free environment of home.

Any recovery tips? Like ill still be super sore 2 days after, I usually end up going legs if I have shoulders planned cuz my arms so sore.

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

New to this whole workout thing.

What is something I should take to gain weight/increase muscle ?
To give you a brief synopsis on the past, oh.....200 pages? Protein is something you might want to consider 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^PWAHAHAHHAHAHA

I was sick too for the past week, didn't lift a thing...i used that as an excuse to rest my body for a week, came back and essentially havent missed a beat. I think I might've picked up a bit more strength too from resting all my muscles completely...plus the stress-free environment of home.

I hope that happens for me too, this cough is ridiculous and I don't wanna be in the gym coughing out a lung. Usually the only time I rest is when I'm sick or go out anyway

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

i drink one postworkout and pre-bed. the postworkout one is a mix of whey isolate (fast-absorbing) and casein (slow-absorbing). pre-bed is all casein. the postworkout shake stimulates protein synthesis and muscle repair, the pre-bed one provides steady elevated bcaa levels in the blood, which also helps muscle growth and repair and prevents catabolism.

while they aren't "necessary" they work pretty well, especially if you want an easy to prepare, low calorie boost of protein. i would definitely recommend one post-workout, pre-bed is not neccessary, any sort of protein-rich food will suffice. i just drink one then for convenience.

i would also recommend a postworkout meal after the shake- your body needs more than just protein. get some carbs and healthy fats in there as well.

as for recipes, protein w/milk tastes good but it's even better blended with milk, a banana, and ice. you can throw in other fruit, peanut butter, etc. as well depending on your tastes as well as what flavor the protein is.
Wow...I actually came in here to ask when the best time to have a shake would be...so thanks for that info.

Had my first shake today... 1 cup ON Whey (Vanilla Ice Cream), 1/2 cup of 1% Milk, 2 ice cubes, and a banana...it tasted decent, but it's gonna take some getting used to. I'll prob try another recipe tomorrow.

I'm still having problems w/ weights during my workout. I find myself getting fatiqued pretty quickly during my sets leaving me unable to finish. Worked on my shoulders today using 20's and found myself shaking after I hit 5...this is a problem that's been happening to me alot lately. I continue to be sore a day or even two after my workouts. I just don't get it...

Maybe I just need consistency, or start from 20's for a week straight and work my way up? I don't know what to do!
You should try Double Rich Chocolate. When i first tried it it tasted just meh but thats cause i didnt have enough of the powder in there. I mix it with just reg whole milk and it taste pretty good. Its not the greatest drink ever but its decent, Almost like chocolate milk.

Originally Posted by iLLest

Ate a 2/3 burger at FuddRuckers yesterday. Delicious! And a Costco hotdog today! LOL, I'm so guilty! Went and bought groceries today though. Fruits, turkey slices, chicken slices, beef patties, peanut butter... Going to be eating niceeee!
Four McDoubles from McD's and a large fry and Soda from BK. Mmmmmmmmm. Delicious.
laugh.gif

I will like to start making use of the fitness center on my campus. I am 5'8 141lbs and wouldlike to gain more mass. I know diet plays a majorpart in this but I would like to know which workout routines would also help. BTW due to my busy schedule I can only go to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Jump rope is all I'm going to say. do that for 20 mins.. 5-10 second breaks in between sets of 50-100 if you can't do it straight and the pounds will fly off.

Originally Posted by firenzek16

Jump rope is all I'm going to say. do that for 20 mins.. 5-10 second breaks in between sets of 50-100 if you can't do it straight and the pounds will fly off.

Word, check the signature.  I've stopped doing cardio for about two weeks now, might resume it after spring break.

What is the general opinion on hang cleans. I'm lifting heavy to gain muscle and just tried adding hang cleans to my workout and the movement has always felt unnatural. Do you think it's a pretty much necessary compound lift?

A couple guys gave me pointers on my form because I was doing it too much like an upright row, but it has always felt weird so I never really got into doing them. I'm just thinking should I just forget about hang cleans altogether or stick with them. I already do deadlifts, upright rows, and pull down's.

Derek916 wrote:

the point i was trying to make is none if any of it was muscle so i don't know why he is bragging unless he means that hes finally healthy again?? idk how you even lose 6lbs while your sick

laugh.gif

Stop.

indifferent.gif

^I'm sure this isn't the best, but I jump rope after I lift.
I usually do a circuit of abs work, push ups, and set of jump rope (100 skips)
for example: Russian Twist x 15, Crunch x 15, Leg raise x 15, push ups x 15, skip rope x 100 ...with little rest in between and a few minutes rest for the next circuit.

You'll get better quickly.  It's all about muscle memory and coordination.  Nothing a little practice can't handle.

Back
Top Bottom