Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

Im having problems with chest workouts on tightening my chest cause I dont really feel it... Any way I can someone fix this?

Do your reps slower and squeeze at top of rep.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

buddha nice work, huge improvement. keep it up

yessir. 
pimp.gif

Is it even possible to sprint for 2 mins? a 100m sprint usually lasts around 12 secs for pros, and they're usually done after that.

Well this is my 5th week of that workout I posted a couple weeks back. Took this pic today after Back day. I know back day back pic? but i stink at taking back pics.I'm just taking a monster milk and put a glutamine scoop after workout. maybe I'll have a muscle milk during the evening before sleeping. I'm getting bigger but I need that chewtoy torso $#+ , need to cut it up soon. I'm going to do this workout for two more weeks (six weeks in total).
and then switchin it up. Any one can recommend something? I'm currently doing no cardio at all.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On a brighter note i copped some vibrams and they feel way better doing squats and deadlifts. You can feel the floor and in general they just feel nice to walk around in. I used to squat in running shoes smh. This second week working out with em[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

[/font]

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

damn.... haven't looked back at this photo in MONTHS.

current me, still in a slow bulk ( i swere i was more lean than this.
nerd.gif
)

a long ways to go but def happy about the progress so far

keep it up everyone and thanks to all the major contributors in this thread (neal, wawa, joe, audi, durden, pana, chewtoy) among several others.

you guys are helping people change their lives for the better
pimp.gif

feeling healthy and ill be honest, all the confidence i gained.

best thing that ever happened to me, except the case of tinnitus and tennis elbow i got but other than that, it was worth it
wow nice man in only 7 months. Do you have a strict diet?

If anyone is doing HIIT, do 1 minute jog/1 minute all out intervals for 1 week. Then increase the minute intervals each week.

ie: 2 minute jog/2 minute all out in week 2. 3 minute jog/ 3 minute all put in week 3

do this around 3-4 days a week either on your days off from lifting or right after you lift. For the other days you choose not to do HIIT, do steady state cardio. This mixes up how your body reacts to HIIT and doesn't wear you out doin it 5-6 days a week.

Originally Posted by Sais 9mm

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

Im having problems with chest workouts on tightening my chest cause I dont really feel it... Any way I can someone fix this?

Do your reps slower and squeeze at top of rep.
When Im benching I do it slower since Im trying do heavier weights... This might sound stupid, but when Im at the top how am I suppose to squeeze? But Ill try that squeezing at the top of the rep, have to try to get use to it...

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

Doeboiwhat do you do? Incline, decline, flat? Close grip, wide grip? Maybeyou just need to add a couple of pounds to your bench
Yea I do incline, decline, flat both barbell and dumbell... But I mainly dont feel it when doing the barbells... When im benching with barbells, my hands are probably shoulder width apart... I might try closer and see if I can get the squeeze...

Any of you ever got a pain in between your spine and your shoulder blade, and experience a pain that runs up through your neck?

Oh yesterday was the first time I did squats(assisted) and I felt my lower back the most... But today I dont really feel any soreness... Does that sound good?

Originally Posted by Homer

Is it even possible to sprint for 2 mins? a 100m sprint usually lasts around 12 secs for pros, and they're usually done after that.
7mph on the treadmill?
yeah Its possible but i was about dead the 3rd time around so i brought it down to 1:30 

guys, my diet is seriously a fail. please help me with some easy and healthy food ideas. cost is not an issue.

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

7mph on the treadmill?
yeah Its possible but i was about dead the 3rd time around so i brought it down to 1:30  
7 on a treadmill is like a heavy jog
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

guys, my diet is seriously a fail. please help me with some easy and healthy food ideas. cost is not an issue.
Hummus + wheat crackers for snacks 
pimp.gif

also:

-Greek yogurt

-Chicken breasts

-Fish filets

-beans

-veggies of all sorts

-fruits (not as much as veggies)

-Ezekiel bread. If you can't get that, go for something else just make sure it's whole wheat.

-nuts for snacking, preferably raw.

-Organic/natural peanut butter 
pimp.gif
 (love this with celery stix)

-Don't forget to reward yourself with a cheat meal every couple days. It's a lot easier to start off in smaller intervals of healthy eating and then lengthen that time between cheat meals then to jump in 1-2 weeks healthy without a cheat meal, trust. 

just learned the proper way to bench press use to laugh at guys with the arch little did i know i was treating thebench like a bed lying flat on it with feet no back..it makes things so easier.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

7mph on the treadmill?
7 on a treadmill is like a heavy jog
laugh.gif
word..i can't even do HIIT on a treadmill..I be at 12 mph and I know I can go faster but it's not a natural stride for me..
going to do HIIT at the park tomorrow with cleats....

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Is it good to eat brown rice for every major meal?

The fact that it has alot of carbs concerns me when I'm tryna lose weight

you just answered your own question
laugh.gif

a small portion of brown rice once a day is solid though, just not every meal.

Originally Posted by iLLest

Originally Posted by I3

HIIT routine

pretty much just sprinting the length of a field, then jogging back, then sprinting etc.. do it around 6-7x @ 100% or the hardest I can go - usually decreases as you near the 6th or 7th rep.

I try do it 2x a week.
So if I go do it at my old HS football field that would work just as if I did it on the treadmill?

I've always been against treadmills.  IMO the best HIIT is out there running on a field, path or pavement.  You can either do it by measuring a distance, maybe 100m or so, or either by time such as 30secs.

I like to do it by distance as I can't afford a countdown timer stopwatch lol.  Basically I just mark out a good distance and run between the two, one way its 100% the other its a slow jog.  If you were to do intervals, you'd sprint for 30secs and maybe rest for a minute or so then repeat.

It does take a lot of out of you though, I do it on my off days or sometimes at night after lifting.

Anybody try doing HIIT on a hill
nerd.gif
or any other type of fat-burning work out on a hill.... ideas?
nerd.gif

I be scared to go pass 12 on a treadmill. The machine starts shaking like crazy and feels like it's about to break.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

wow nice man in only 7 months. Do you have a strict diet?
thanks, thanks everyone else also.

i try and eat healthy... but i binge a lot too.

2 bowls of pasta in me right now
frown.gif

i do eat a lot of chicken, turkey, and fish

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

the only free time to do HIIT is after work right before bed..will that basically ruin the point of HIIT?
I wouldn't recommend it. If anything, wait a few hours after doing it before going to sleep. I can't remember the exact reasoning, but it has to with the body not being stressed out before sleep and the release of endorphins that could make it hard to sleep as well.
Bottom line, I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe you can get up 10-20 minutes early to do it in the morning instead.

Back
Top Bottom