Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by shaolin

Al Audi wrote:
HEN youre big asian dude man..............you needa get serious an bring out your full potential with those genetics........arent you like 6'2" also?

yea man stop playin around
thats why i come to you guys
ohwell.gif
i need serious diet tips. I've recently started using spotters and can feel the benefits of not being introverted.

hen you could be like one of those the gangster asians in a movie if needed the one who always with the boss, he got the hair too throw on some dark shades an a tux

diet tips relating to what goal though? you tryna put mass on, get stronger? you have a good foundation id say you could put on mass if you went at the right now

laugh.gif
you wil'n. my one friend says i look like a Columbian drug lord
eyes.gif

but my goal is to lose the stomach fat first then bulk up.
nerd.gif

TF, has anybody Carb Cycled with good results? I'm thinking about trying it out.

Hen you dont even have a that much gut man.............you just bein lazy lol.

like youre not even fat youre just pudgy man

this could def be something you could pull off.........8 weeks serious dedication and diet. an you have a better base to begin with than this guy, you lookbetter than this guy.

i mean legit question how SERIOUS are you about it right now? kind of casual, just wanna get in shape or you wanna be like REALLY on the ball with it its allup to you.

what you be eatin like within a week though an what your trainin like right now?

Jason_transformation.jpg

i hate that feelin

if that happens ill just do some bs like static stretching and some boxing with 2lb db in each hand in the cardio room instead of going home
laugh.gif

if the right music is on maybe a lil hip hop boxing, hmmm just gave me an idea for a video
Im the opposite. If im not feeling it I just dont do anything. I needed to give my body a rest.

Marky Mark, is that you??

We all have our lazy days, I usually just do abs, forearms when not in the mood
Im the opposite of this as well. I only do abs on days when im motivated. Ive done abs like 5 times in the past 3 weeks and thats by FAR themost ive worked them in roughly 6-8 months.

Originally Posted by Durden7

I went into the gym this morning..... did 2 sets of DB Bench..... packed up my stuff and went home. Was.Not.Feeling.It.
laugh.gif

Wow, that's rough
frown.gif

When I have days like that, I usually do something like pre-exhaust and maybe supersets so I don't have to lift very heavy, but I can still get a goodworkout.

Al Audi wrote:

Jason_transformation.jpg

eek.gif
thats motivating.

i mean legit question how SERIOUS are you about it right now? kind of casual, just wanna get in shape or you wanna be like REALLY on the ball with it its all up to you.
I wanna have immaculate physic.
embarassed.gif

what you be eatin like within a week though an what your trainin like right now?
Morning: egg, cereal, sometimes oatmeal

lunch: school chicken salad on pita

dinner: I dont know.
smh.gif

My eating pattern is sporadic, and sometimes its junk food
eyes.gif

as for training;

I'm in the gym almost everyday for 1 to 2 hours. Always on the flat bench press. Then randomly do: db curls, lat pull down, incline bench, incline cablefly, abs and little cardio.

nerd.gif
I think I need a work out organized plan.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dead in 09

ANYBODY, PLEASE CONVINCE ME TO EAT A BIGGER POST-WORKOUT MEAL.....

I have been fat most of my life, but over the last year and a half, I lost 35 pounds. I recently started getting very serious about what I eat throughout the day, but the one thing I think I am messing up on is my post-workout meal.

I am afraid to get fat again.

I know it's stupid, and I know it is very important to eat a good post-workout meal, but I can't bring myself to do it, mostly because I go to sleep about an hour and a half after my workout.

please convince me to eat a hearty meal filled with carbs and proteins and tell me I won't get fat again
laugh.gif

I eat 2 eggs, 2 pieces of wheat bread and drink a glass of juice for my pre-workout meal, if that matters.

thank you
Personally, I wouldn't eat so much before a workout. It slows me down when I workout.
Just use your pre-workout meal as your post-workout meal instead. If you want to eat something before a workout, take a piece of fruit, like an orange. Fruitis light food that is easily digested, so when you're working out, your body is not devoted nearly as much to digestion as it is to the exercise.

Originally Posted by Matt53

Questions

1. Neck workouts? I feel like my shoulders and traps are getting out of proportion with my neck...

2. Is it detrimental to do cardio twice a day when one is in a cutting phase?
nerd.gif

Questions

1. Neck workouts? I feel like my shoulders and traps are getting out of proportion with my neck...

2. Is it detrimental to do cardio twice a day when one is in a cutting phase?
nerd.gif
1. You want a thicker neck? I don't get it
2. Not necessarily, but why do 2, when one higher intensity session can do the same work? Bodyweight circuits and hiit are far more effective than steady statecardio. Do it in a fasted state, like in the morning, and wait an hour afterwards before eating. HGH is released it helps with fat burning.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Originally Posted by Durden7

I went into the gym this morning..... did 2 sets of DB Bench..... packed up my stuff and went home. Was.Not.Feeling.It.
laugh.gif

Wow, that's rough
frown.gif

When I have days like that, I usually do something like pre-exhaust and maybe supersets so I don't have to lift very heavy, but I can still get a good workout.
Yeah its really rough. Normally I have NO problem getting motivated and getting into a groove when I lift. I can tell if I have it or not aftera couple of sets.

I went back after class tonight and shot some hoops so im good for the day.

Im 99% sure I just picked up a client today who plays in John Legends band. Pretty crazy.

Got a letter from 24 hr fitness saying it has been 6 months since joining and that I get a free session with a trainer
it feels
pimp.gif
to know that I have really committed to fitness.

Anyways, yesterday I was talking to this older guy at the gym and he was telling me that for BB bench press it is best to lift the weight down slowly and holdit when it's right above the chest, then lift the weight up explosively, he said that muscles are like rubber bands and that they want to snap back quicklyso it is better to lift slower to build strength and size (I usually lift at a faster pace).
Does what he said have any validity or is it "bro science"?

What weight is everyone repping on their squats? Parallel squats too none of that %+$!@ 2 inches down 2 inches up crap...

After lurking in this thread for a couple weeks, I started working out again. Just wanted to chime in and participate. I'm 6'2, 180 right now. I'mjust trying to improve my overall fitness at this point. I've been getting really winded playing basketball lately and got motivated.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

What weight is everyone repping on their squats? Parallel squats too none of that %+$!@ 2 inches down 2 inches up crap...
I did 315x4 a couple of days ago. Normally its like around 225 for 10 reps, 275x6 though. Somewhere in that range... depends on the day.

3x5@145 last week. Saturday, moving up another 10 lbs. I figure by my birthday (mid-December), I'll be repping my bodyweight (hopefully officially 175 bythen). And then I'll go up to the local college gym and start dunking on people.
grin.gif

Guys I keep falling off. I can't stay commited and one of the reasons is I'm ALWAYS! tired from work or school. I think something is wrong with me.I'm always sleepy and tired even when I wake up after like 8-9 hours of sleep. Advice!! I also want to be the next GSP but I'm 260 right now
frown.gif

205 x 12
eyes.gif
. I never really try to go very heavy on mysquats, though. Highest I ever did was 265 years ago when I first started lifting, but that was when I did squats incorrectly, so who the heck knows. Istarted doing squats/deadlifts again recently after taking a month or two off from them, and I'm already up 3-4 lbs.
Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

Guys I keep falling off. I can't stay commited and one of the reasons is I'm ALWAYS! tired from work or school. I think something is wrong with me. I'm always sleepy and tired even when I wake up after like 8-9 hours of sleep. Advice!! I also want to be the next GSP but I'm 260 right now
frown.gif
Honestly, you're probably always sleepy and tired because you're 260lbs and not exercising.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

For anyone that's in Ballys Total Fitness or the YMCA.

How much do yall pay monthly and if you have a personal trainer how much do you pay for that altogether a month?

Thanks

Can anyone help me out with this?

4x8 176 near ATG..

I think I can do a 1 rep max of 200 though, but to me it doesnt prove anything.. I like to think the more I squat the higher i'll jump
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom