Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Update: pics coming later this week.....

still in the gym consistently i can really tell the different in my attitude when i was first going i would be seeing people on websites saying they wouldworkout for more than an hour and i was be in there for mabe 45 min on a good day
laugh.gif
now i workout out with just a beater on in the gym its been a while since i been out so last week when i did go out people were saying how inshape i look or whatever and i must say i was loving the way my polo's fit nice and tight around my arms now
pimp.gif
i also notice that my stress levels are way down now like i dont stress overstuff as much anymore now its like "oh well" which is great cause back in the day i would be getting headaches and losing hair over so much or solittle stress and honestly this would prolly be the most stressful time of my life right now but honestly as long as my grades stay good i could really give a@%*# about anything else
laugh.gif
so id say im doing good i went from 200 downto 175 im at 186 now trying to shoot for 200 with 11% bf by march i think thats possible

also sorry for boring yall and the bad grammar i know this is the biggest run-on sentence ever
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

you guys have any opinions on the GOMAD (gallong of milk a day) diet to gain weight?

ive read some good reviews of it, but i was wondreing if anyone here has actually tried it.
I've mentioned it before here. It's effective, but you need quality milk. Regular supermarket milk can be detrimental to health with allthe pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, etc. The whole premise behind this is to add extra calories and liquid calories are easier to take in than solid food.Another viable option would be oils, like olive oil and coconut oil. Also, you risk getting lactose intolerance to a certain degree because of the highconsumption of milk.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

cool ill try those out, thanks

what kinda cardio do yall mess with?

im getting semi-tired of my HIIT on the treadmil but it gives results so i cant argue too much
How are you doing HIIT on a treadmill? I'm sure your burst of sprint can go higher than the 10-12 or whatever level is the highest on yourtreadmill.

I also do jump rope, plyo, burpees, stair masters, elliptical, and spinning.

Originally Posted by solelifik

lol how much do u guys weigh that are barley hitting the 135s??

Well I weighed 125 when I first hit 135. I weight about 135 now and I can rep 155 about 4 times.

Also, do you guys count the bar in your weight? May sound like a dumb question but I know some who dont

Okay i havent seen pics in here in a while. These are before and after comparison pics of me from late September 2009to now so roughly 1 month

Some background info
I am a former skinny dude who had high metabolism, height 6'2"
I was 150lbs in 2008 decided to start working out in June 2008, weight fluctuated horribly because of college and not eating enough
I had to sacrifice my abs for the weight gain, im currently trying to get them back though
I am roughly 176lbs now trying to get to 185lbs
I dont believe in using supplements and creatine in order to gain mass so i DONT use any of that stuff in this thread
Yes the last pic is angled different i am aware

Pics

lol @ the blk/asian references.....

im half blk half asian...in the first pic im looking down so my eyes look more asian...in the 2nd im looking up so not as asian.

anyhow those are some great progress pix...great work to all!

Originally Posted by wj4

cool ill try those out, thanks

what kinda cardio do yall mess with?

im getting semi-tired of my HIIT on the treadmil but it gives results so i cant argue too much
How are you doing HIIT on a treadmill? I'm sure your burst of sprint can go higher than the 10-12 or whatever level is the highest on your treadmill.

I also do jump rope, plyo, burpees, stair masters, elliptical, and spinning.
well its a modified version really. The treadmil only goes up to 10 mph, so i put it at 5 incline and powerwalk a min @ 4 mph, then a faster pace@ 10 mph for 1 min, then repeat that 8 times. It really gets my heartrate up and covered in sweat. I think the uphill aspect is harder than most would thinkmaybe, but in the end its usually about 2 miles total.

but ya i can sprint faster, but i dk, we have an indoor track at my school rec and its not very big, ie 10 laps for a mile, but I could try sprinting out. Itried jumproping for 3 sets of 100 and that got my legs
eek.gif
, specailly dayafter a heavy heavy box squat day, and the modified HIIT.

And i only do cardio on MWF, which are my non-lower lifting days. I do pylos and all that on my leg days so i dont want to over exhaust them and hurt myprogress by doing cardio on those days as well

been a while since I've legit "worked out". used to play baseball so I was hitting the gym prettyconsistently for like half a year a couple years ago. only progress pics I have from when I was 19..

change6.JPG

im seeing most of the workouts are each day is a diff part of your body, but right now im doing a little bit off everything everyday, is that bad?

Originally Posted by filly413

???any pull up bar routines anyone care to share??? jus copped myself

just do sets of 10-15

wide grip pullupup (palms facing away from you)
narrow pullup

Wide chinup (palms facing towars you)
narrow chin up

just get those in whenever and build strength
then add some weight and keep going.

If you're running out of ideas, you can always try doing negatives.

Get one of those weight belts with a chain that you can hang plates from, grab a stool, and put yourself in the peak position, and then slowly lower yourselfdown, and alternate sets between regular pull ups and negatives.

I doubled the number of legitimate pull ups I could do when I integrated negatives.

Originally Posted by doyung9

Hit a PR last night on the bench... 235! I'm still walking around at about 155-159 regularly and it felt damn good to push up 80 lbs (roughly) over my weight, especially since some of the guys I lift with barely go 90 degrees on the bench, much less to the chest.

And to think, in May, my max was 185. This thread definitely helped motivate me.
that's a pretty big jump in weight, nice job. my bench has been stuck forever i've been focusing on legs recently. i want those rippedquads with a ton of separation
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Due to time restriction in the morning, I had to go to the gym at night again for the last couple of days. Aside from seeing the workers I'm coolwith...the place is packed beyond belief.

Which makes me think...2010 is upon us. The first 2-4 weeks is going to be filled with resolutioners...SMH

Originally Posted by shaolin

Originally Posted by wj4

Which makes me think...2010 is upon us. The first 2-4 weeks is going to be filled with resolutioners...SMH
i hate them
mad.gif

x2

Only to find them gone by the time February comes. Or they are going to give up because they cant look like Nelly or 50 Cent in 30 days.
laugh.gif

just did an upper/middle chest workout from 6am-7am
and man i hate when my forearms get tight or one arm gets stubborn
but overall it was a pretty good workout, I already feel it.
All with dumbbell or cables.
Incline press superset with bench press. 4x12 or til failure
Incline flyes superset floor flyes. 4x12 or til failure
Cable flyes superset chest lift. 5xfailure.
I just wish there was a pec dec machine to burnout with
After classes I'm going back for more middle chest and lower chest.
UO rec center sucks though =[ and Eugene doesnt have a 24 >L<

Lets see what I'm up for tomorrow... back or legs.

just do sets of 10-15

wide grip pullupup (palms facing away from you)
narrow pullup

Wide chinup (palms facing towars you)
narrow chin up

just get those in whenever and build strength
then add some weight and keep going.

Not trying to be an *+@ or nitpick, but its the opposite way.

Chinups are palms away, Pullups are palms facing.

I just started a new routine yesterday....hopefully it'll get me these last 10 lbs i want.

smh.gif
i really need to get my @*# going and doing HIIT, i told myself i would starta month ago and i still havent started

Back
Top Bottom