Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by TannerVon

Originally Posted by nine point five

Originally Posted by airjzz

March 09
898254be27552d4a892465c5d6213cab84f33a8.pjpg

Nov 09
377252ae8e54cddb898476a0687cb2a64c50a07.pjpg
why you look Asian in the first pic and black in the second? no hate, just saying..
ahaha i said the EXACT same thing

Same here. Looks like two completely different people.

I've been bulking for like a month and a half, and I'm now at 190-192.

1zwhhyh.jpg

Even though I didn't reach my goal of 200, I think I'm going to stop bulking (still debating).

I can def see the fat I put on, and I already know I'm not going to put in the cardio I need to burn it off, since I dread cardio (haven't done ANYtype since like May
laugh.gif
).

I think I'm going to give jump roping and try and see what that does for me...

ok to clear any credibitility issues here.....
laugh.gif
...here is the 2nd oldestpic of my progress since March. You can see more of my face in this one..hopefully this ties the other 2 pictures together in terms of recognition.

ca8159e456d98f435a67326fed74f7b48d4beca.jpg

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Even though I didn't reach my goal of 200, I think I'm going to stop bulking (still debating).

I can def see the fat I put on, and I already know I'm not going to put in the cardio I need to burn it off, since I dread cardio (haven't done ANY type since like May
laugh.gif
).

Do it. So I don't feel like the only NTer here that actually jump rope 5x a week. Are you the same dude that I recommend the Flex Seed Oilto mix in with protein?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by shaolin

Originally Posted by wj4

Which makes me think...2010 is upon us. The first 2-4 weeks is going to be filled with resolutioners...SMH
i hate them
mad.gif
Considering I make money off of them, lovvvve em'.

so you're a personal trainer? or own your own gym?

airjzz: what is your hair texture like?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by wj4

Which makes me think...2010 is upon us. The first 2-4 weeks is going to be filled with resolutioners...SMH
i hate them
mad.gif
Considering I make money off of them, lovvvve em'.

so you're a personal trainer? or own your own gym?

airjzz: what is your hair texture like?

Yeah, Personal Trainer and part time Membership Administrator.

i got a weight lifting question.

I started to work out with weights (DB only) and it seems that my right biceps are not as larger as my left biceps. Why is that? Is it normal ?

Originally Posted by Moneyright

im seeing most of the workouts are each day is a diff part of your body, but right now im doing a little bit off everything everyday, is that bad?

im seeing most of the workouts are each day is a diff part of your body, but right now im doing a little bit off everything everyday, is that bad?

yes because your muscles need to rest in order to grow and heal properly. if you're working the same muscles everyday you're not going to see muchprogress

Yesterday I started my diet/workout. My goal is to be 190 by Spring break, I'm 220 now. So for breakefest yesterday I had 2 eggs, 2 beefsausage
ohwell.gif
(Probably shouldnt have hadthat), and 2 slices of wheat bread. Did cardio for 30 on the track before dinner....ran 2 laps...walked 2 laps and ran the last 2 laps. Then I had dinner whiterice and 2 chicken legs. Today I played basketball for 45 min and after that I went to hit the gym just for about 15....did they chest fly at 100 lbs 3x10 anddid abs on the machine at 100lbs 3x10. Then I had breakfest an omlete with 1 slice of american cheese, 1egg, 1 sausage and 2 slices of wheat bread. I Plan ondoing cardio later today. I just want some feedback and any help....be in mind I just started and im serious about losing wieght...any help is gretlyappreciated.

Just remember that diet is the most IMPORTANT factor if you want to make/see physical changes to your body. Working out will always come in 2nd place.

sidenote - And my hair is straight.

Originally Posted by it is wat it is

Yesterday I started my diet/workout. My goal is to be 190 by Spring break, I'm 220 now. So for breakefest yesterday I had 2 eggs, 2 beef sausage
ohwell.gif
(Probably shouldnt have had that), and 2 slices of wheat bread. Did cardio for 30 on the track before dinner....ran 2 laps...walked 2 laps and ran the last 2 laps. Then I had dinner white rice and 2 chicken legs. Today I played basketball for 45 min and after that I went to hit the gym just for about 15....did they chest fly at 100 lbs 3x10 and did abs on the machine at 100lbs 3x10. Then I had breakfest an omlete with 1 slice of american cheese, 1egg, 1 sausage and 2 slices of wheat bread. I Plan on doing cardio later today. I just want some feedback and any help....be in mind I just started and im serious about losing wieght...any help is gretly appreciated.
Losing weight starts with the diet. You're doing okay, but you should cut out almost all of your processed meats, like the sausages. Thechicken legs aren't that great either. White meat is the way to go if you want some healthy chicken. Grilled or baked, not fried.

Also, cardio should be your main focus for physical activity. Weights are fine, but I would put cardio as a higher priority.

Originally Posted by dgk3188

remember that cardio is going to be your primary focus if you want to lose weight.

nah this isn't true. in fact you can lose weight just on a calorie-restricted diet + weight lifting. hell with no exercise at all if you drop the cals lowenough.

lifting and HIIT should be your primary focus if you don't want to lose muscle mass.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Is V8 a good substitute for eating actual vegetables??
28veomq.jpg
laugh.gif
only ask because sometimes I don't have time, need something quick
make yiur own smoothie......throw mad spinach and some fruit in there, spinach has like no flavor it'll taste like whatever fruit is in thereAKA delicious.

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Originally Posted by it is wat it is

Yesterday I started my diet/workout. My goal is to be 190 by Spring break, I'm 220 now. So for breakefest yesterday I had 2 eggs, 2 beef sausage
ohwell.gif
(Probably shouldnt have had that), and 2 slices of wheat bread. Did cardio for 30 on the track before dinner....ran 2 laps...walked 2 laps and ran the last 2 laps. Then I had dinner white rice and 2 chicken legs. Today I played basketball for 45 min and after that I went to hit the gym just for about 15....did they chest fly at 100 lbs 3x10 and did abs on the machine at 100lbs 3x10. Then I had breakfest an omlete with 1 slice of american cheese, 1egg, 1 sausage and 2 slices of wheat bread. I Plan on doing cardio later today. I just want some feedback and any help....be in mind I just started and im serious about losing wieght...any help is gretly appreciated.
Losing weight starts with the diet. You're doing okay, but you should cut out almost all of your processed meats, like the sausages. The chicken legs aren't that great either. White meat is the way to go if you want some healthy chicken. Grilled or baked, not fried.

Also, cardio should be your main focus for physical activity. Weights are fine, but I would put cardio as a higher priority.

Yeah, I agree with Joe Camel. He's trying to drop 30 pounds, not 80. If you've already learned the basics of lifting, keep it consistent and it willhelp keep your metabolism up. You should still do cardio, but endless cardio in place of weights most of the time is just a long, frustrating road tofluctuating weight.

yes because your muscles need to rest in order to grow and heal properly. if you're working the same muscles everyday you're not going to see much progress

i really need a routine and agenda. All I do is flat bench, incline, dips, cable flys, dumb bells and barbell curls.

remember that cardio is going to be your primary focus if you want to lose weight.
nerd.gif
note taken.

are lightly salted peanuts ok to eat during wrk or school when i get hungry? ....and to lose weight should i watch carbs or fat intake?...thanks for all yourguys help

Here's my question. After I workout i drink my protein shake but i find my self being really hungry. Should i drink the shake then wait 30 mins to eat orcan I eat and drink the shake at the same time?? Just curious if i should let the shake kinda rill into my system before i start putting down food (clean mealsyes sir).

^ Drink the shake and then eat a meal shortly after. Protein shakes are quick absorbing. A meal is good after for all around nutrition.

Got another question for everybody.

What's the verdict on Vitamin Water. And I am specifically asking about the 10 calorie kind. Instead of HFCS, it says they use crystalline fructose. Isthat any better?

For a 20oz bottle, there's only 25 calories and 7.5 grams of sugar.

I know water is the ultimate answer but I am trying to use this as my soda substitute, something with a little flavor.

i just bought some wheat bran to throw onto my cereal or oats. is this stuff good (fiber and what not) and do you guys recommend I try something else? I'mslowly making the transition to healthier foods. Just bought some protein wheat bread, organic peanut butter, organic (HFCS free!) grape jam, light soy milk,cheese, turkey, and greek yogurt.

I'm a college student, so my selections are fairly limited. Anyone have suggestions for what else I should try buying?

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

I can def see the fat I put on, and I already know I'm not going to put in the cardio I need to burn it off, since I dread cardio (haven't done ANY type since like May
laugh.gif
).

Do it. So I don't feel like the only NTer here that actually jump rope 5x a week. Are you the same dude that I recommend the Flex Seed Oil to mix in with protein?
Yeah, I'm def going to try it.

And yeah, that was me. I've been taking it for about 2 weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom