Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by WarMachine

Originally Posted by Vancity74

I'm officially done with this thread.

Want to get big? Eat.

Want to lose weight? Run.

Want to get your 6-pack back? Diet.

It's not rocket science.

Hahaha seriously, dudes is like oh complex carbs, multi-grain nutrients, amino acid, glycogen. Shut the hell up
laugh.gif
this is why this thread is so damn cluttered, people get too damn technical and miss the basics. tombout oh i heard wednesdays are better for shoulders because the sun is aligned with the galaxy and micronutrients circulate through the blood better and zinc fertilizes through the minerals. goddamn haha

The first 4 things you mentioned are important though. The last part was obviously an exaggeration, but the things like complex carbs, certain nutrients, etc.are very important in looking better/feeling better. Things like this cant just be summarized into a one word answer. Yeah eating is an important part ofgetting bigger, but eating what? Exercising is a science, so all those things are going to be important for some people in changing their body/lifestyle.

good stuff but we need to throw some info on page 1 for the most common questions.

Ill try to come up with some food and some other info. Any other volunteers, suggestions ?

maybe introduce our goals and our progress, kinda motivational if we have to keep track.

just somethings to make this thread more than people asking the same questions over and over.
Yeah if youve got some good info or any links, feel free to post em' or PM me and ill put them on the first page.

How is my shoulder routine?

DB or Military Press 3x10,8,6
DB Front Raise 12,10,8
DB Side Raise 12,10,8
Lighter weight DB Arnold Press 12,10,8
DB Shrugs (I do this like 3x a week though)
Looks fine to me. 5 exercises is a lot for shoulders, but I like the exercises and the rep ranges are good.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by NavyBoy24

If possible..

Can someone form a complete workout [about 4 days a week] from what I3 posted? my goal is to get my 6 pack back as well as bulkin up/being ripped..im 5'10 175 12% BF

Hey dude.. just pick a few exercises and post it up and then the fellas can further critique it. Basically you just need to pick exercises that work the major muscles. Like bench press, squats etc.. just pick some exercises and we can help you from there...

Your at 12% thats pretty decent, with the right diet + workout you can really get to that 10% range and looked ripped as @$#$.

HIIT -
check this link for HIIT (beginner - novice).
http://www.intervaltraining.net/hiit.html

TABATA PROTOCOL -

This is 20 secs on, 10secs off for 8 reps. You can do this with running, weights, burpees.. here is a great introductory article
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_tabata_method

COMPLEXES -
This is great cardiovascular technique, you use one piece of equipment.. here is a basic example..
http://www.tmuscle.com/readArticle.do?id=1624757

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_...sionid=BA928018191133EC41217E5D9A379FCD.hydra

Basically you can incorporate these into your workouts when you need change or just feel like hitting the gym/working out when your not supposed to. They are great and will burn a lot of fat.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

And why is the world do u do DB shrugs 3x a week? Thats not going to help them grow any faster more likely to slow it down

Traps respond to volume training, just like your abs and calves. High sets, high reps.

Regarding my earlier post, yes there's a science behind training, but at the end of the day, you know to eat a piece of grilled chicken instead of KFC,oven roasted turkey on brown instead of a Big Mac, etc... like I said, it's not rocket science.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

And why is the world do u do DB shrugs 3x a week? Thats not going to help them grow any faster more likely to slow it down
Traps respond to volume training, just like your abs and calves. High sets, high reps.

Regarding my earlier post, yes there's a science behind training, but at the end of the day, you know to eat a piece of grilled chicken instead of KFC, oven roasted turkey on brown instead of a Big Mac, etc... like I said, it's not rocket science.
oh, so eat that kentucky grilled chicken instead?

laugh.gif
nah, actually i heard it's still kinda fatty

Originally Posted by D723

DB Front Raise 12,10,8
DB Side Raise 12,10,8
Personally, I'd get rid of front raises, and add something for rear delts and make sure to add external/internal rotations.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by dead in 09

Question for people that do HIIT...

what's better:

Jog for 30 seconds then sprint for 30 seconds.

or

Jog for 1 minute then sprint for 30 seconds.
30/30 would kill you more because you have less time resting at a lower heart rate (30 seconds). This is only for the advanced HIIT folks. When you start from scratch, take it slow like a 30 sec sprint, 1 min jog.

Note that HIIT is an intense program...warm up and stretch before to avoid potential injuries.

i learned the hard way.. i didnt stretch or warm up and i had the worst shin splints ever... never again... HIIT is the truth

Originally Posted by Moneyright

im donating blood tomorrow, can i still go to the gym and do my workouts? if not what can i do
I would say give blood and then wait 5-6 hours or more before you work out. Also it's important to get food in especially sugar to form newblood cells. But if your feeling light in the head after donating then just skip the day and do it tommorow or else you could possible pass out due to theexertion during excercise.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by Moneyright

im donating blood tomorrow, can i still go to the gym and do my workouts? if not what can i do
I would say give blood and then wait 5-6 hours or more before you work out. Also it's important to get food in especially sugar to form new blood cells. But if your feeling light in the head after donating then just skip the day and do it tommorow or else you could possible pass out due to the exertion during excercise.
i would take a day off, but if you're determined not to miss a day, make sure you're well hydrated before and after giving blood, and likegrimlock said, get plenty of nutrition before and after. even then, it's likely you won't put in quite as good a workout and you might feel weakerthan normal.

anyone wanna include some links or advice on warming up and stretching? I always feel like I'm not doing it right

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

DB Front Raise 12,10,8
DB Side Raise 12,10,8
Personally, I'd get rid of front raises, and add something for rear delts and make sure to add external/internal rotations.
DBSeatedRearLateralRaise.gif

Originally Posted by nealraj006

DB Front Raise 12,10,8
DB Side Raise 12,10,8
I NEVER go heavy on rear delt exercises tho, I feel like I just need to get a minor stretch/pump to get them worked. Do yall go heavy on these?

I just use 15 lb dumbells for rear delts, for front and side raises I use 20 then 15 for my third sets, both of weights are not light for me though. Probablyget down to 8 reps by my third set.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

DB Front Raise 12,10,8
DB Side Raise 12,10,8
I NEVER go heavy on rear delt exercises tho, I feel like I just need to get a minor stretch/pump to get them worked. Do yall go heavy on these?

I usually do 30 lbs, 3x12. I could maybe do 35 if I wanted to, but this is usually my third or fourth shoulder exercise so it's enough for me. Doesn'tmake sense to go heavy elsewhere and not go heavy on these, especially if you're not doing internal/external rotations. Musclular imbalances FTL.

i've never taken creatine before. i don't want to get bulky/huge but cut (think brad ptit fight club). i lift three times a week, high intensity. willthe creatine be beneficial and how so? also, will i lose the results once i stop taking it? lastly, what is the best, purest, healthiest creatine supplement?money is the least of my worries, i'd rather have healthy kidneys...

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

i've never taken creatine before. i don't want to get bulky/huge but cut (think brad ptit fight club). i lift three times a week, high intensity. will the creatine be beneficial and how so? also, will i lose the results once i stop taking it? lastly, what is the best, purest, healthiest creatine supplement? money is the least of my worries, i'd rather have healthy kidneys...

just for reference: http://www.bradpittworkou...t-fight-club-workout.php

Originally Posted by dead in 09

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

i've never taken creatine before. i don't want to get bulky/huge but cut (think brad ptit fight club). i lift three times a week, high intensity. will the creatine be beneficial and how so? also, will i lose the results once i stop taking it? lastly, what is the best, purest, healthiest creatine supplement? money is the least of my worries, i'd rather have healthy kidneys...

just for reference: http://www.bradpittworkou...t-fight-club-workout.php
thanks, i've seen that workout before, but it doesn't work for me. i do cardio between workout days instead of lifting everyday and also,some of those reps seem too high for me. i've seen many variations on the so called fight club workout so i'm skeptical of that as well.

Originally Posted by picknroll24

shortyoscart wrote:
HIIT info?
http://www.intervaltraining.net/index.html

picknroll -- thank you! This site is golden. I've already found the answer to most of my questions. But I still have another: I'm playing in bball andsoccer leagues right now (IMs, nothing serious) but if I start hiit will it kill my legs or improve my performance the first couple weeks?

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by norcalballgirl23

Originally Posted by picknroll24

shortyoscart wrote:
HIIT info?
http://www.intervaltraining.net/index.html

picknroll -- thank you! This site is golden. I've already found the answer to most of my questions. But I still have another: I'm playing in bball and soccer leagues right now (IMs, nothing serious) but if I start hiit will it kill my legs or improve my performance the first couple weeks?

thanks in advance
hiit doesn't kill your legs, it completely exhausts you. it will only kill your legs if you do leg specific hiit such %@* running up hills orwhat not.

Back
Top Bottom