STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just found some pics from my first show. I think its time for another
But this time bigger and better conditioned :pimp:

Evidently your the one who is "mad." You're constantly reporting me. You're the one who got offended when I didn't even mention you.
laugh.gif
You even tried to take a personal shot at me by saying I'm simping by commending gator on her progress.
laugh.gif
I have never even quoted her before.
Word on 5 bro never reported you. Done with this dueces.

Drop lookin like a beast doggie 

Word on 5 bro never reported you. Done with this dueces.

Drop lookin like a beast doggie 
Thanks man

I want to share another little discovery I found when dieting besides the flavored seltzer I posted a few days ago.

Put some cool whip in the freezer and it has the same consistency and ice cream. When I found this out while dieting for the show :wow:. Added some sugar free jello and BAM. Its like best dessert you ever had while on a diet :lol:

Its a perfect dessert for a keto diet

Last edited:
i got reported 4 times in the span of a week a couple months ago lol :rofl: some drake-type dudes on this forum

Last edited:
My bottle of Craze is getting low (maybe my 3rd bottle... I go 8 weeks on, 3 weeks off), and I have been noticing that my brain has been spotty lately. I lose focus easily as of late, and I don't feel as mentally sharp as I usually am. The other morning I even ran a red light because I didn't notice the light was red.

Should I be worried? :nerd:

Pre gym selfie at my office lol.

My gym is 5 min ride from my office, it's the greatest feeling in the world.

I also live 8-10 mon from work...

It's the dream I tell ya.

The dam American dream!

My bottle of Craze is getting low (maybe my 3rd bottle... I go 8 weeks on, 3 weeks off), and I have been noticing that my brain has been spotty lately. I lose focus easily as of late, and I don't feel as mentally sharp as I usually am. The other morning I even ran a red light because I didn't notice the light was red.

Should I be worried? :nerd:

i'm sorry i gave you the first tub man. come to find out it's spiked with an illegal substance and has been banned. not sure if there's a correlation with your symptoms - i've used about 20 tubs since it came out with no apparent ill effects but i have since given away the rest of my tubs to people who don't care what's in it.

Just something I've been reading up, and hearing.

Adding muscle mass on my abs will make them stronger, and pop more, but I'd get a thicker midsection. I have a thin frame of sorts now.

I do plenty of sets of abs/lower back 3 times a week. I just don't do abs weighted.

My core definitely has gotten stronger since I started training it. 315 on Squats doesn't make my lower back sore anymore.

Have you ever considered doing OHP towards the end of your workout once fatigue sets in. That may narrow the gap between core strength and shoulder strength allowing you to work on posture/mechanics. Youd work on the weakness while still getting another shoulder exercise in using a more suited weight.

But dont you have to ask yourself if the logic youre basing your argument on is even valid to begin with? (Not saying it isnt, just throwing out the corollary)

Like if people have a large arsenal of pec exercises, why do they only squat and not do other machine exercises..... But thats going off the assumption that having a large arsenal of pec exercises is beneficial or even needed.

I think the point i want to make came across correctly haha, right?

Got you loud and clear.

Does it even make sense to have to do a bunch of things, including a bunch of inferior moves, so long as you get the superior most beneficial moves done?

To most it probably won't. Time in the gym is precious so have to make the best, most efficient use of it. Cut out the obsolete, unnecessary stuff. Do only the "big" moves.

But for some people, who maybe are on their way out and decide to use an extra minute, there are options one can use. And I think most people do tend to use certain moves inspite of their shortcomings. But refuse to do other moves with similar shortcomings for very specific reasons. The vag machine is probably the biggest of these "don't waste your time," machines, which is why I keep bringing up.

Of course, actual squats are superior to leg press and vag machine, but people really love the leg press and absolutely hate the vag machine haha

I think almost every exercise has a useful purpose. Its simply a matter of matching the exercise to the goals and intentions of the user. That being said, there are some exercises/machines that have a niche utility and should only be used in rare occasions. (the hip adb/adduction machine being one)

If someone is giving adequate time and attention to the major lifts and feels as though a few sets on some accesory stuff is beneficial, then by all means do it. However, the attention given to the other exercises should be minimal. Too much time spent on assistance exercises means theyre slowly no longer assisting anything.

In regards to the fact that people train for different reasons, this shouldnt be a reason to dismiss what someone else is saying. Just because someone trains like a bodybuilder doesnt mean they cant take aspects from powerlifting, olympic lifting or sports perofrmance and incorporate those principles into their style of training to make it better. The fact that someones trains differently should be reason enough to include their thoughts, not exclude them.

Even though I hate bicep curls, shrugs and forearm exercises, I understand they haveutility and if theyre used correctly then go for it.

Go to grab a set of DBs today and see something crawling, was a f***** roach. Then I see another one awhile later- this is after I heard people talking about seeing them earlier in the week. My old gym is such a pain to travel to and Im waiting on a new one that is close to open early 2014. Not sure I wanna jump ship bc it's literally behind my backyard but I sure as hell don't want to keep lifting at this sh**hole. Pain in the a** situation.

for myself, i believe my best progress has come through focusing more on compound lifts in my workouts and pushing at a much higher level of intensity with less volume - especially doing less ancillary exercises. OHP is an exercise that i hated when i first learned to do them correctly. exceedingly difficult for me - quickly plateaued and increasing weight has been so slow. that's exactly the reason why i have grown to like that exercise - because of the challenge. not sure about anyone else but i can do more weight sitting down than if i do a standing OHP with strict form. i prefer standing.

slowly this thread has begun to rub off on me in terms of working on improving my functional strength and mobility instead of only shooting for losing fat and gaining lean mass.

Last edited:
Just something I've been reading up, and hearing.

Adding muscle mass on my abs will make them stronger, and pop more, but I'd get a thicker midsection. I have a thin frame of sorts now.

I do plenty of sets of abs/lower back 3 times a week. I just don't do abs weighted.

My core definitely has gotten stronger since I started training it. 315 on Squats doesn't make my lower back sore anymore.

Have you ever considered doing OHP towards the end of your workout once fatigue sets in. That may narrow the gap between core strength and shoulder strength allowing you to work on posture/mechanics. Youd work on the weakness while still getting another shoulder exercise in using a more suited weight.

But dont you have to ask yourself if the logic youre basing your argument on is even valid to begin with? (Not saying it isnt, just throwing out the corollary)

Like if people have a large arsenal of pec exercises, why do they only squat and not do other machine exercises..... But thats going off the assumption that having a large arsenal of pec exercises is beneficial or even needed.

I think the point i want to make came across correctly haha, right?

Got you loud and clear.

Does it even make sense to have to do a bunch of things, including a bunch of inferior moves, so long as you get the superior most beneficial moves done?

To most it probably won't. Time in the gym is precious so have to make the best, most efficient use of it. Cut out the obsolete, unnecessary stuff. Do only the "big" moves.

But for some people, who maybe are on their way out and decide to use an extra minute, there are options one can use. And I think most people do tend to use certain moves inspite of their shortcomings. But refuse to do other moves with similar shortcomings for very specific reasons. The vag machine is probably the biggest of these "don't waste your time," machines, which is why I keep bringing up.

Of course, actual squats are superior to leg press and vag machine, but people really love the leg press and absolutely hate the vag machine haha

I think almost every exercise has a useful purpose. Its simply a matter of matching the exercise to the goals and intentions of the user. That being said, there are some exercises/machines that have a niche utility and should only be used in rare occasions. (the hip adb/adduction machine being one)

If someone is giving adequate time and attention to the major lifts and feels as though a few sets on some accesory stuff is beneficial, then by all means do it. However, the attention given to the other exercises should be minimal. Too much time spent on assistance exercises means theyre slowly no longer assisting anything.

In regards to the fact that people train for different reasons, this shouldnt be a reason to dismiss what someone else is saying. Just because someone trains like a bodybuilder doesnt mean they cant take aspects from powerlifting, olympic lifting or sports perofrmance and incorporate those principles into their style of training to make it better. The fact that someones trains differently should be reason enough to include their thoughts, not exclude them.

Even though I hate bicep curls, shrugs and forearm exercises, I understand they haveutility and if theyre used correctly then go for it.

I never dismissed your thoughts. I took them into consideration, and I did listen, but I'll probably still stick with my routine.

I may try doing OHP at the end of my shoulder workouts though.

for myself, i believe my best progress has come through focusing more on compound lifts in my workouts and pushing at a much higher level of intensity with less volume - especially doing less ancillary exercises. OHP is an exercise that i hated when i first learned to do them correctly. exceedingly difficult for me - quickly plateaued and increasing weight has been so slow. that's exactly the reason why i have grown to like that exercise - because of the challenge. not sure about anyone else but i can do more weight sitting down than if i do a standing OHP with strict form. i prefer standing.

slowly this thread has begun to rub off on me in terms of working on improving my functional strength and mobility instead of only shooting for losing fat and gaining lean mass.

All of this. Even when I used to do the 4-5 day bro split routine I'd always start off with a compound.

Deadlift

Bent over rows barbell

Weighted pull ups wide grip/ drop to body weight pause reps at top

Hammer strength underhand rows paused reps

Wide grip lat pull downs burnout - run the stack, drop the weight every two pins down, as the weight becomes lighter - worry on squeezing and pausing. All the way down to 30lbs for 3 sec holds

So I finally think my knee is ready for me to go back to my bootcamp classes :pimp:

Did 20 minutes on the bike yesterday and didn't have a huge limp afterwards. This week I'll go back to the physical therapist and ask for another x-ray--to see if the inflammation has really gone down or if I'm just tripping.

Indoor soccer season coming up, BOOM! I'll be ready.

Anybody in here do the row machine? I discovered it a few days ago as a great way to warm-up, warm down. Plus I like mirin' myself in the mirror as I row :tongue:

And my boo is making CRAZY gainz! He's lost so much weight I'm so proud of him :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: He came over last night and was like "look! A jaw line!" :lol: :lol: Thanks for whoever recommended the 5x5 program--he really likes it and he's been doing it without me having to say anything to him. That's why I love my NT Brahs *group hugs*

Last edited:
Manage a strip club....

Aha.

Na I'm the GM for a junk hauling and moving company.

I was changing to go to the gym.

Not a bad gig while in school

And my boo is making CRAZY gainz! He's lost so much weight I'm so proud of him
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
He came over last night and was like "look! A jaw line!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Thanks for whoever recommended the 5x5 program--he really likes it and he's been doing it without me having to say anything to him. That's why I love my NT Brahs *group hugs*
Glad he's making gains, the 5x5 is a solid plan to follow. Almost idiot proof lol

So I finally think my knee is ready for me to go back to my bootcamp classes :pimp:

Did 20 minutes on the bike yesterday and didn't have a huge limp afterwards. This week I'll go back to the physical therapist and ask for another x-ray--to see if the inflammation has really gone down or if I'm just tripping.

Indoor soccer season coming up, BOOM! I'll be ready.

Anybody in here do the row machine? I discovered it a few days ago as a great way to warm-up, warm down. Plus I like mirin' myself in the mirror as I row :tongue:

And my boo is making CRAZY gainz! He's lost so much weight I'm so proud of him :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: He came over last night and was like "look! A jaw line!" :lol: :lol: Thanks for whoever recommended the 5x5 program--he really likes it and he's been doing it without me having to say anything to him. That's why I love my NT Brahs *group hugs*

I'm glad he took to it. Where most new guys have trouble is figuring out the weight progression each week so something focused like that is good. He's now addicted to the iron and gains though.

Back
Top Bottom