STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Arnold did an AMA, and someone asked him to record himself saying "Come with me if you want to lift"

And he did..

he also dropped this in a fitness thread on reddit 8)

Everybody, behave and stop bickering. This is about inspiring more people to get into fitness. I've never understood people who argue constantly about who is wrong and who is right in fitness, because the fact is, there are many "right" answers, especially for people just starting out.
Do you think Sergio Oliva and I did the same thing? No. In fact, you could walk into Gold's and watch the 5 best guys and see 5 completely different routines. And you know what? We didn't argue.
Do me a favor. Try to focus more on expanding the fitness community as a whole than protecting your little corner of it.

Arnold is a real living legend man. The things he's accomplished and still being as humble and down to earth. I don't think people will really take a look at how great a man he is until he's gone.
Join a new gym today..

Gold's gym..

I'm a member at Golds :smokin

:nthat:

Edit:damn draft save..

Wider stance with hands in between my legs feels a lot more comfortable for me. However, I do alternate and do narrower stance with overhand grip outside of legs on some sets. Just doesn't feel as natural, but I do appreciate the variety. I feel like the narrower my stance gets on DL, more of the emphasis is on my lower back.

So you alternate between sumo DLs and regular DLs?...

Yeah that's what I was wondering. Sumo dead and your common dead. Sumo high pulls are fun as hell. Looking forward to em once I'm healed.

Last edited:
Wider stance with hands in between my legs feels a lot more comfortable for me. However, I do alternate and do narrower stance with overhand grip outside of legs on some sets. Just doesn't feel as natural, but I do appreciate the variety. I feel like the narrower my stance gets on DL, more of the emphasis is on my lower back.
Oh - didn;t realize you were doing sumos. Carry on.

Why would tilapia contains carbon monoxide??? Doesn't that kill you?
What?

Form Check - keep in mind I did my first squat/row ever a month ago.  I have zero confidence in my row form.

don't go easy on me 
happy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Form Check - keep in mind I did my first squat/row ever a month ago.  I have zero confidence in my row form.
don't go easy on me :D

Squat:

Not bad. I think you should bring your shoulders back a bit more, which would help keep your back tighter. It looked like it was rounding a bit at the bottom of the lift.

A mental cue I like to give myself is to pull the bar down into my back, which brings your elbows in and tightens the back. Try getting a video from the front or back...Can't comment on your feet/knees.

Row:

Not bad either. Try keeping your legs straighter and pull the bar to the bottom of your sternum (that's where I like to pull it anyway).

Also imagine pulling your elbows up throughout the entire movement, should help with the lift.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, I am by no means an expert.

Keep it up brah.

don't go easy on me 
happy.gif
Post these in the powerlifting section of bodybuilding.com theres a lot of great lifters over there with solid advice.

if your nitpicking u COULD go deeper on the squats but there pretty good, the 2nd exercise is just all kinds of bad, bent over bb rows is what i assume your going for your pulling the bar to your chest when it needs to go more towards your waist, your at a terrible angle need and u need not to rest the bar in between reps remember bb bar bell rows are a lower-mid back exercise you look like your using all arms and upper back

if your nitpicking u COULD go deeper on the squats but there pretty good, the 2nd exercise is just all kinds of bad, bent over bb rows is what i assume your going for your pulling the bar to your chest when it needs to go more towards your waist, your at a terrible angle need and u need not to rest the bar in between reps remember bb bar bell rows are a lower-mid back exercise you look like your using all arms and upper back

Resting the bar on the floor after each rep is possibly better for rows. It requires you to use the actual muscles needed for the lift instead of using momentum

See pendlay rows.

screw your joints up for all i care he asked for criticism i gave it if you dont agree thats fine do you (and im not saying he was screwing his joints up on that particular exercise im saying in general)

screw your joints up for all i care he asked for criticism i gave it if you dont agree thats fine do you (and im not saying he was screwing his joints up on that particular exercise im saying in general)

But why does that screw up your joints? Is it just something you heard someone say one time?

Squat form looks good to me. It's tough to tell what your bar position is but it looks like you are leaning a little forward at the end...when you go heavier it will strain your back. I remedy this by just not keeping a high bar position and kinds laying it a little lower to try to go straight down and straight up with it.

But looks good man keep it up. Like said in here you start to feel and learn what proper mechanics work for your body the more you lift.

Legs day today... :smokin :smokin can't wait....gonna squat, then stiff leg DL, then calves, lunges, calves, maybe some iso hamstrings if i have the energy at the end

Or instead of being sarcastic with me, you can actually describe your viewpoint.....
Or instead of being sarcastic with me, you can actually describe your viewpoint.....

yea i dnt do any research on anything nor do i actually put any of my methods to use in real life, u ask ignorant questions u get sarcastic answers and your clearly trying to start an argument like i said do you man

I need some motivation fellas! Woke up feeling fat and disgusting even though I know I'm working my *** off in the gym. What do you guys do to get yourselves back in that mindset when you get discouraged? Need some fuel to keep me going right now bc I do not wanna get back to where I was.

yea i dnt do any research on anything nor do i actually put any of my methods to use in real life, u ask ignorant questions u get sarcastic answers and your clearly trying to start an argument like i said do you man
imo. youre coming off way too defensive. I felt he asked a legit question that im also curious to know why you feel the way you do

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom