STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Or instead of being sarcastic with me, you can actually describe your viewpoint.....
Or instead of being sarcastic with me, you can actually describe your viewpoint.....

yea i dnt do any research on anything nor do i actually put any of my methods to use in real life, u ask ignorant questions u get sarcastic answers and your clearly trying to start an argument like i said do you man

1. How was it an ignorant question? Its actually a very legitimate question and one that should be discussed.

2. Im not looking for an argument, i was hoping youd be able to have a discussion on the topic but it seems like youre not able to have an intellectual conversation anout it without you trying to take personal shots.

^ saw that yesterday lol.

He's the man.

He never locked out nor did he do paused reps..

Too worried about his joints..

laugh.gif
 so many quoteables from that vid

I hear a lot about not locking out on squats for 2 reasons...

Mind you, I don't know whether these are scientifically valid points...

1. It keeps tensions on your legs.

2. Going heavy on squats (405+), and locking out will eventually break your knees down.

Knee wraps.

Should be using them once your hitting heavy numbers.

That's why you should have good form and proper strength training supports like belts, knee wraps, ect.

Doing such will help with your joints

Last edited:
The whole locking out thing is just a little under-explained, I think. It's usually more about not hyper extending at your hinge joints when you still haven't fully engaged he muscles around your ball and socket joints. So. Like on a squat, if somebody gets near the top and their but sticks out but their knees are completely locked out it can hyperextend the knee with all that weight on top of it. It's worse on a leg press since the hips stay in flexing the entire time and you see people wanting to take a break at the top of each rep so they lock their knees. If you're squatting you want to drive the hips up and forward to full extension which would also bring your knees to full extension. I get what he was trying to say but saying don't lock your joints just leaves too many open possibilities.

Knee wraps.

That's why you should have good form and proper strength training supports like belts, knee wraps, ect.

Whats heavy numbers tho?

I'd like to think I do heavy squats and deads but I don't use belts/wraps/chalk.

I hear a lot about not locking out on squats for 2 reasons...

Mind you, I don't know whether these are scientifically valid points...

1. It keeps tensions on your legs.

2. Going heavy on squats (405+), and locking out will eventually break your knees down.
Not locking out on any exercise keeps tension on the muscles being used.

Your are in the strongest position on a squat with your knees locked at the top and squeezing your glutes. 

It should be a nice and simple smooth motion to lock out. IMO, you'll run into problems when you're too agressive on the joints. 

Knee wraps.

I think I need a belt. When even I do those ab exercises where you left up your body weight my back starts KILLING me :smh: Again , I don't know the "official" name of the exercise. Sorry.

Knee wraps?? You mean like just taking some regular stuff they wrap joints with or something specifically geared towards knees?

Knee wraps.

I think I need a belt. When even I do those ab exercises where you left up your body weight my back starts KILLING me :smh: Again , I don't know the "official" name of the exercise. Sorry.

Knee wraps?? You mean like just taking some regular stuff they wrap joints with or something specifically geared towards knees?

You're talking about back extensions. You don't need a belt, its supposed to target your lower back/hamstrings.

There are power lifting wraps that are a lot stiffer than your regular ace wrap. They keep your joint 'warm', compressed, stable, and in place. Check out inzer wraps. They have wraps for knees and wrists.

There's specific knee wraps made for power lifting.

Your back shouldn't be killing you if you're doing simple core work. Either it's super weak or you're doing the exercise in a way that puts your back in a compromising position. I'd fix the movement fault rather than getting a belt

Knee wraps.

[COLOR=#red]edit: nvmind I have no idea what ab workout you're doing...lol[/COLOR]

There are power lifting wraps that are a lot stiffer than your regular ace wrap. They keep your joint 'warm', compressed, stable, and in place. Check out inzer wraps. They have wraps for knees and wrists.

Your back shouldn't be killing you if you're doing simple core work. Either it's super weak or you're doing the exercise in a way that puts your back in a compromising position. I'd fix the movement fault rather than getting a belt

why would it being super weak hurt my back?? I do the exercise below with a 10lb weight plate. Weak is relative, and that's not weak for me. In terms of how to "fix" the movement if you know of any quality videos I'd appreciate it. I considered asking the PTs at the gym but it's LA Fitness. I'll just leave it at that :lol:

ok here it is; this is what I do. When I do it from the sides the pain isn't there, well.. on the right there is (slight) I'm just trying to get an understanding if I should be feeling this.

why would it being super weak hurt my back?? I do the exercise below with a 10lb weight plate. Weak is relative, and that's not weak for me. In terms of how to "fix" the movement if you know of any quality videos I'd appreciate it. I considered asking the PTs at the gym but it's LA Fitness. I'll just leave it at that
laugh.gif

ok here it is; this is what I do. When I do it from the sides the pain isn't there, well.. on the right there is (slight) I'm just trying to get an understanding if I should be feeling this.
When i do back extensions, i just feel like my back it tight. Not really pain.

why would it being super weak hurt my back?? I do the exercise below with a 10lb weight plate. Weak is relative, and that's not weak for me. In terms of how to "fix" the movement if you know of any quality videos I'd appreciate it. I considered asking the PTs at the gym but it's LA Fitness. I'll just leave it at that :lol:

Ah yes, that is the back extension.

It targets lowerback/hamstring, so you should be feeling muscular fatigue in that general area.

When performing that movement, begin the movement by squeezing glutes/hamstring.

Back
Top Bottom