STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Down to 260 lbs. from 270 in the past month or so.

Just sucks cuz the weights feel heavier than before.
Was reppin 315 on decline 6-8 now it is just 3-5 |I

Am I cutting too rapidly?

Curious by what you mean when you say FROM (full range of motion) because there is such a thing as going too low.

Really?...why you say that?

Low bar, and high bar back squats are different in how low you can go....

Low bar, I can go slightly below parallel... Any lower, and my back starts to round. Why? Because it's a hip dominant movement.

Your little chart looks to be more of a high bar squat which is a knee dominant movement. That's the reason why the torso can stay damn near vertical.

So yes, there is such a thing as going too low.

Did legs yesterday...those days where eveything feels light :smokin I normally do legs wednesdays and then i have soccer on sundays. But game was canceled this past sunday. Boy were my legs fresh

Bar - 10 reps
135 - 10 reps
225 - 8 reps
315 - 4 reps
335 - 2 reps
225 - 6 reps
225 - 6 reps
135 - 10 reps

Then did stiff leg deads, calves, walking lunges, calves, leg extensions (sorry bros i love the pump it gives my quads)

My legs are sore today....like knee buckle type sore....tomorrow though....im gonna be walking like octodad

Come again?

that's a front squat...

It's all about hip mobility, if you have that flexibility to open up your hips you can go a*** to grass while keeping your back straight.

Squat holds and air squats help with that bro

And here is a back squat...back looks pretty close to vertical to me

It's all about keeping your chest up.

The guy in the front squat is so vertical, cause you have no choice on front squats. If you aren't vert, you're gonna drop the weight lol front squats are a great exercise to improve your form for back squats.

On back squats, the point is mainly to just keep your keep your chest up so you don't fold over. Once the weight starts getting heavy, there is going to be some tilt. As long as the bar stays in a line over your mid-foot and doesn't drift far towards your toes, there's no problem.

Oly shoes help out a lot as well.. Pre Leg day i spend about 10-15 on mobility just to get my hips, knees, ankles ready for lifting..

Low bar, I can go slightly below parallel... Any lower, and my back starts to round. Why? Because it's a hip dominant movement.

Your little chart looks to be more of a high bar squat which is a knee dominant movement. That's the reason why the torso can stay damn near vertical.

So my "little chart" is NOT incorrect?...cool just wanted to make that clear...carry on.

So my "little chart" is NOT incorrect?...cool just wanted to make that clear...carry on.

Your chart doesn't depict a low bar squat, so it actually is only correct for high bar. Try to hit that depth with a low bar squat, and tell me how your back feels.

Also, no need to get defensive. It's a discussion. You're acting like I'm making a personal attack by educating you.

Last edited:
any tips on bulking up for a hard gainer?

Count your calories.
Avoid cardio at all costs.
Incorporate milk into your eating habits.

Drinking water in between meals helps my stomach open up for more food (however, I think that's more of a mental thing)
Chewing gum makes me hungry (again, might be a mental thing)

Slowly increase your intake of food week by week.
I hated eating but my body slowly adapted and eventually my appetite was increasing as the weeks went along.

Good luck

Curious by what you mean when you say FROM (full range of motion) because there is such a thing as going too low.

But what you described and talked about doesnt explain why there is such a thing as going too low. From my perspective, you just described what i saying. The problem isnt going too low. The problem is poor movement skills, incorrect posture and bad body positioning, not depth.

But what you described and talked about doesnt explain why there is such a thing as going too low. From my perspective, you just described what i saying. The problem isnt going too low. The problem is poor movement skills, incorrect posture and bad body positioning, not depth.

To elaborate. I can't hit the same depth with low but back squats that I can with high bar back squats, or front squats. So, I'm saying there is a such thing as going too low... On low bar squats.

Your chart doesn't depict a low bar squat, so it actually is only correct for high bar. Try to hit that depth with a low bar squat, and tell me how your back feels.

Also, no need to get defensive. It's a discussion. You're acting like I'm making a personal attack by educating you.

I'm not getting defensive bro, just want to make sure I'm not posting misleading info, that chart is actually correct, since we got some in here claiming it's not, thanks for the info broski

I'm not getting defensive bro, just want to make sure I'm not posting misleading info, that chart is actually correct, since we got some in here claiming it's not, thanks for the info broski

Excluding injury, people should be able to hit that depth in the chart with the high bar, or front squat.

Durden would be correct if they can't, because it would be a flexibility/mobility issue.

That's why I suggested air squats and squat holds...I think everyone should dedicate time to that in order to be able to go through the motion properly when squatting heavy...it just makes sense....

I actually agree with air squats helping.
I do them sometimes as a stability exercise, just squatting down and holding that form isometrically.

Nothing to brag about. Just a form of stretching/staying active in the crib when I'm bored. Not meant to get stronger or bigger by any means. But it does help build stability for me personality, and it has increased my flexibility and range of motion when I do weighted squats at the gym.

Doing ball squats on the wall (stability ball) ain't a joke. Try doing them slowly and focusing on the eccentric motion (the way down) just as much as you focus on the way up. **** burns like hell. It's not meant for hyper trophy obviously but as a warm-up or just general exercise it really helps form, stability, and flexibility. Not to mention it's also a good sweat if you want to burn some calories.

Would you agree with my point of view Durden?

My NYC brethren. I'm in desperate need of a gym with more than one squat rack. I don't have the time anymore to wait for the only squat in the entire gym to be free (talking to you NYSC). Manhattan area and possibly Brooklyn. Thanks guys.

My NYC brethren. I'm in desperate need of a gym with more than one squat rack. I don't have the time anymore to wait for the only squat in the entire gym to be free (talking to you NYSC). Manhattan area and possibly Brooklyn. Thanks guys.
What part of Brooklyn are you in?

Brooklyn Sports Club in Starett City.

What part of Brooklyn are you in?

Brooklyn Sports Club in Starett City.

I'm in the Bay Ridge area a lot. I was looking at South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club but those prices man.

Back
Top Bottom