STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I was so close to buying Syntha 6.

Oh well. Reviews are pretty good on Phase 8 so we'll see

I like how Phase 8 has 6 diff types of protein

Last edited:
Of course you can do TRX without the cert.

It would be wise to get certified, though.. I'm not one to lie on a resume and say I'm a professional TRX instructor without having actually been certified, for example.

i'm sure there's some good advice to come out of the program. It's only a one-day long process (8 hours, learn stuff, demonstrate it, etc.).

Gotcha. I had an employer awhile ago who wanted me to get certified. Personally, I didnt see the need for a TRX certification. It wasnt going to make me any more marketable and I didnt feel like I was going to learn enough to make it worthwhile. A few months after that, I was able to read through all the TRX materials/exercises and I feel like I made the right decision.

I love it for certain exercises, but I couldnt do a whole workout around it.

ACSM. Ill eventually get my CSCS for work, but as of right now its not necessary. Im also thinking of going the FMS route in the next few months.

The test is actually pretty difficult. The video section is particularly difficult. Some of the answers just dont make sense based on the videos you watch.

Did you get the essentials books?
Yes i got the essentials book sitting right beside me, I also got some extra prep stuff through  SuperJJ.

The book is like 500 pages if not more, I dont want to waste time ready stuff that wont benefit me on the test.

Yea I've heard certain chapters weren't big on the test like the sports psychology chapter and I forget the other(s). I'm just reading through it, taking a pre test then going over weak points and repeating that process through all 3 pre tests as much as I need to.  

Plus i'm going through the first edition of Atlas of Anatomy for references and what not since the Essentials book doesn't dig too deep on that. Got it for cheap on Amazon.  I should've taken this cert right when I graduated 
mean.gif

I was so close to buying Syntha 6.

Oh well. Reviews are pretty good on Phase 8 so we'll see

I like how Phase 8 has 6 diff types of protein

Phase 8 is disgusting. If you like gritty, chalky, overly thick & gluey protein shakes, then you've picked the right one.

I'm mad I bought 15lbs of it cause it was so cheap. Finished it all though *shrug*

pre-workout is dangerous b. makes me feels invincible. and it makes times stand still. i look up and i've been in the gym for 2.5 hrs easy. like I be up in there feeling like Logan b. Heavy *** set...15 second rest, I'm completely 100% again for another. Feels like my senses are heightened too. **** gives me power yo. feel like I can move stuff with my mind.

pre-workout is dangerous b. makes me feels invincible. and it makes times stand still. i look up and i've been in the gym for 2.5 hrs easy. like I be up in there feeling like Logan b. Heavy *** set...15 second rest, I'm completely 100% again for another. Feels like my senses are heightened too. **** gives me power yo. feel like I can move stuff with my mind.
:lol: I feel you on that. There's been a few times where I've gone to the gym in the morning without proper foods in my body and I feel super weak.

Peeing with your *** cheeks out? Were your shorts down to your ankles too, like a first grader? haha

:rofl:

Son prolly takes dumps in urinal, too.

And what you mean you waited to see what else he would say? Wasn't his first statement enough for a response from you?

Whole situation got me cracking up :lol:

On some high school special ed, pants to the ankles taking a piss at the urinal steez :lol:

Last edited:

Cool.

Your advice isn't what he needs though. He wants to lose weight and fat, telling him to eat whatever he wants even in moderation will only prolong his quest to lose weight. Just suck it up and eat healthy. Its not that hard if you have the motivation to lose weight
Dude if you eat in a deficit you will lose weight. Certain foods don't make you fat, over consumption does. You can gain weight when you eat too much of anything. If he keeps track of what he eats it will be much easier to lose weight.
Lol you got it. You're not understanding my point im coming from.
@RoOk,

Bro, your strategy is probably worse than IIFYM to be honest with you.  You're telling a 260lb man (obese) to cut out all 'unhealthy' foods out of his life for 4 months. Dude has probably been feasting on McDonald's for a greater portion of his life. Now he has to go cold turkey? Yeah, not happening. Just imagine a crackhead going cold turkey to try to quit...not happening. Even if it works for a little while, dude may regress and just eff up his body.

My opinion is to slowly wean off the 'unhealthy' food by cutting something out of your diet. If you drink soda daily, cut it to 1-2 portions a week. Cut out candy, sweets, and replace it with fruits.

Cool.

Your advice isn't what he needs though. He wants to lose weight and fat, telling him to eat whatever he wants even in moderation will only prolong his quest to lose weight. Just suck it up and eat healthy. Its not that hard if you have the motivation to lose weight
Dude if you eat in a deficit you will lose weight. Certain foods don't make you fat, over consumption does. You can gain weight when you eat too much of anything. If he keeps track of what he eats it will be much easier to lose weight.

Lol you got it. You're not understanding my point im coming from.

@RoOk

Bro, your strategy is probably worse than IIFYM to be honest with you.  You're telling a 260lb man (obese) to cut out all 'unhealthy' foods out of his life for 4 months. Dude has probably been feasting on McDonald's for a greater portion of his life. Now he has to go cold turkey? Yeah, not happening. Just imagine a crackhead going cold turkey to try to quit...not happening. Even if it works for a little while, dude may regress and just eff up his body.

My opinion is to slowly wean off the 'unhealthy' food by cutting something out of your diet. If you drink soda daily, cut it to 1-2 portions a week. Cut out candy, sweets, and replace it with fruits.

I understand. But at the same time he wanted a short term diet in 4 months. I understand he isn't going to suddenly lose 100 pounds and grow a 6 pack in the span but he's the one who wanted a quick plan to lose weight. That's why I told him just to go hard and diet. Just eat clean for 120 days (approx).

If he had asked for a long term workout plan/diet than yeah, go ahead and still eat "bad" food but in moderation.

But i understand where your coning from. I'm just going by experience. I've seen people start a diet and literally follow the diet with no cheats from months. Its all about dedication.

I take back what i said about no cheat meals btw. I forget sometimes its perfectly fine to reward yourself

Last edited:
Question: I hear about people training for aesthetics instead of training for strength/power.

What's the difference as far as the workout routine?

Question: I hear about people training for aesthetics instead of training for strength/power.

No expert but I would imagine you work out parts of your body that are typically seen as eye catching like biceps and abs.

Strength/power is going to involve more specific programming, and will use heavier weights for less reps.

This aesthetics movement is going to be a different body part each day and revolve around the 10 rep range. But the aesthetic physique is attained mainly by having really low body fat and being a shredded brah 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom