STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Picking it up from the shop tomorrow, it's a pre-owned Trek road bike....fell in love with it after I rode it in the lot...so smooth...also originally 1200$ got it for 700$ since it's pre-owned, I'll post pics tomorrow

Stop whining and squat 

...and dead lift

If you're not going to do those two essential exercises just say you're not, don't try to justify it and talk about them not being necessary or that you found a substitute lift.

It may bruise your ego, I would suggest scaling down the weight as opposed to not doing it at all.

...and dead lift

If you're not going to do those two essential exercises just say you're not, don't try to justify it and talk about them not being necessary or that you found a substitute lift.

It may bruise your ego, I would suggest scaling down the weight as opposed to not doing it at all.
Yeah but if you  had to pick one thats more beneficial wouldn't you say its the squat? 

I feel like getting stronger in the squat helps you more overall then DL

...and dead lift

Yeah but if you  had to pick one thats more beneficial wouldn't you say its the squat? 

I feel like getting stronger in the squat helps you more overall then DL

nah I actually think it's the other way around. getting stronger in the DL makes you more over all strong. Plus its the most basic of all the lifts. Of any lift really, pick something heavy up, put something heavy down. I think it incorporates more body parts than anything else as well.

Stop whining and squat 

...and dead lift

:rolleyes

people have done fine without both

some people need it and some dont.

just an example but look at the hodgetwins, they dont squat, deadlift, or anything else and how do they look?

nah I actually think it's the other way around. getting stronger in the DL makes you more over all strong. Plus its the most basic of all the lifts. Of any lift really, pick something heavy up, put something heavy down. I think it incorporates more body parts than anything else as well.
Hmm I guess it depends on the person but for me progressing in the squat helped me more overall. I only DL once or twice a month and it doesn't really do anything for me. I mainly do it for comp training purposes.

:rolleyes

people have done fine without both

some people need it and some dont.

just an example but look at the hodgetwins, they dont squat, deadlift, or anything else and how do they look?

Are there pics of there lower body?

im not sure, i havent actually looked at any pics or seen any

but they have done well, back wise and upper body wise WITHOUT any deadlifts

i just remember from all their videos saying they didnt do any deads or squats, id like to see a pic of their legs tho.

i mean ive seen plenty of people build thick solid and tight legs without squats.

its not for everyone, are they important and good? hell yes but so say someone isnt doing enough work or for real because they dont do them... :rolleyes

with google image search this is alli could find.

ill assume this is rather old

If you are physically capable I would recommend everyone squat and deadlift

I think the twins don't do either because they're old and have back problems.

Squats and Dead-lifts are great exercises, but it's definitely possible to do without them.

Kevin Levrone famously never Dead-lifted...

I think what people mean to say is that a squatting motion should be in everyone's repertoire.

Not necessarily that a typical barbell squat must be in everyone's repertoire. Split squats, one leg at a time, are awesome. With dumbells or whatever.

The reason a typical barbell squat is as useful as it is, is because it puts you under bunch of weight and forces you're whole body to get into survival mode and recruit as many muscles as needed in order to get out of the hole (think when Superman is supporting the Empire State Building from underneath trying not to get squished) But as we all know there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Just disageee when someone says you NEED to do this or that.

Back
Top Bottom