STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

The funny thing is, the guys who usually dont squat or have "bad knees", are always the ones ego lifting with the leg press 
laugh.gif

The funny thing is, the guys who usually dont squat or have "bad knees", are always the ones ego lifting with the leg press :lol:

leg press hero's are my favorite. 5 plates on each side...4 inch range of motion, back and forward 6 times...rack it loudly...breath heavy...head back...massage thighs....yep...looks around to see whos looking.....doing it :smokin

The funny thing is, the guys who usually dont squat or have "bad knees", are always the ones ego lifting with the leg press 
laugh.gif
leg press hero's are my favorite. 5 plates on each side...4 inch range of motion, back and forward 6 times...rack it loudly...breath heavy...head back...massage thighs....yep...looks around to see whos looking.....doing it
smokin.gif
Leg pressing next to those fools after squatting...feels, feels everywhere.

leg press hero's are my favorite. 5 plates on each side...4 inch range of motion, back and forward 6 times...rack it loudly...breath heavy...head back...massage thighs....yep...looks around to see whos looking.....doing it
smokin.gif
haha man i see this all the time at LA Fitness

roll.gif

question:

for the past 2 weeks i have been running before my work around

about a mile or 1.5

i'v been noticing that my lifting hasn't been as intense as it would be if i started lifting first/ then running after.

the only reason iv been doing it before hand

is that i get way to lazy at the end to run.

not a fan of running/ but i need to shed some body fat.

5'11 214lb > goal is 195lb

any ideas

or should i just man up and run at the end of the workout

insight requested:

nah I actually think it's the other way around. getting stronger in the DL makes you more over all strong. Plus its the most basic of all the lifts. Of any lift really, pick something heavy up, put something heavy down. I think it incorporates more body parts than anything else as well.
Hmm I guess it depends on the person but for me progressing in the squat helped me more overall. I only DL once or twice a month and it doesn't really do anything for me. I mainly do it for comp training purposes.
Well, of course the squat helped you progress more if you only DL-ed once or twice a month.

Well, of course the squat helped you progress more if you only DL-ed once or twice a month.
You DL every week? 

Im not talking about your 10 rep range DLs, I mean heavy singles, doubles, triples. A lot of top level lifters dont DL every week. 

The squat is more full body power to me then the DL, I believe progressing on it will help you more than DL. Just my opinion.

You DL every week? 

Im not talking about your 10 rep range DLs, I mean heavy singles, doubles, triples. A lot of top level lifters dont DL every week. 

The squat is more full body power to me then the DL, I believe progressing on it will help you more than DL. Just my opinion.
4x a month.

5 sets of 5. I never do more than 5 reps when DL-ing.

I also squat 4x a month.

*Shrugs*

Last edited:
Shoulder and chest day for me. Been real stagnant on the weight progression these past few weeks. Gonna up the weight this week for every lift :pimp:

Last edited:

question:

for the past 2 weeks i have been running before my work around

about a mile or 1.5

i'v been noticing that my lifting hasn't been as intense as it would be if i started lifting first/ then running after.

the only reason iv been doing it before hand

is that i get way to lazy at the end to run.

not a fan of running/ but i need to shed some body fat.

5'11 214lb > goal is 195lb

any ideas

or should i just man up and run at the end of the workout

insight requested:
Think you should man up and keep running. Cardio is always a plus in daily workouts. Also you should look into getting a running buddy and look to train for 5k races for motivation/goal to achieve

Hey guys, I had a $50 giftcard to GNC, and bought some Superpump MAX, since it seemed to get some decent reviews. Do any of you guys have experience using this? Thanks!

The funny thing is, the guys who usually dont squat or have "bad knees", are always the ones ego lifting with the leg press :lol:
Counterintuitive as it may seem, heavy squatting *** to grass actually totally allieviated my knee pain. I even hooped yesterday full court for the first time in over 2 yrs (I moved out into the boonies and stopped going to the gym, got lazy and fat, getting back into shape) and the day after am having no pain at all even at a much more advanced age then before when I used to ball 24/7. I am at 270 now and even at this weight can see some striations in my upper body, have to lose at least 40 more lbs though. I think at 230 I'd be pretty ripped. Got extra motivated again and have been doing well since I got early curved by this chic

Last edited:
Squats and Dead-lifts are great exercises, but it's definitely possible to do without them.

Kevin Levrone famously never Dead-lifted...

Levrones back sucked according to pro bb standards. Lacked thickness and detail
When you compare to the backs of pros who swear by deadlifts, some may re think deadlifts being unnecessary

Last edited:
When you compare to the backs of pros who swear by deadlifts, some may re think deadlifts being unnecessary
What you think of Colemans back? We all know he did DLs.

Also when these guys get on stage at 5%bf and under, how many calories do you think they are taking in on average? 

Not the point I was making, but whatever.

And to say Kev's back "sucked" is a bit harsh, lacking thickness only in respect to the era of mass monsters that he competed in, especially when he had to go up against Dorian and Ronnie, who arguably had the two best backs ever.

Last edited:
Your legs being composed of the biggest muscles in the body, I DONOT see the point in depriving them of the most fundamental leg excersises....squats are fun as hell and DL are very powerful, why not do them?...if you have bad knees simply go lighter and up your reps, no?

Working on OHS today, 125lbs for 3 reps, may not be a lot to some of you, but I'm super pleased :smile:

Back
Top Bottom