STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How do you guys rank jumping rope among other exercises for cardio? I love running, but man..just jumping rope for 10-15 mins got me looking like I just got out the shower.
Swimming >running> biking >jumping rope

IMO

Nothing wrong with anyone of them though and should all be done

Interesting to see Nike sponsoring some Crossfit athletes, even though they can't wear it at the games. Ready too see what they cook up in the future.

Swimming >running> biking >jumping rope

IMO

Nothing wrong with anyone of them though and should all be done

IMO playing sports > __________

I get way to bored doing regular cardio activities.

Played soccer for 3 hours today, I was dead after :x

Biking definitely burns my thighs. I swim on the weekends to relax.

Can't be playing sports like that since I work and only have an hour or so that I can use to workout unless shooting hoops by myself count :lol: kidding aside, I actually like to shoot hoops by myself late at night but doubt it burns many cals.

I love to run. It never gets boring to me. I'm on cloud 9 after runners high kicks in.

Biking definitely burns my thighs. I swim on the weekends to relax.

Can't be playing sports like that since I work and only have an hour or so that I can use to workout unless shooting hoops by myself count :lol: kidding aside, I actually like to shoot hoops by myself late at night but doubt it burns many cals.

I love to run. It never gets boring to me. I'm on cloud 9 after runners high kicks in.

Running (almost all cardio but more so this) is therapeutic to me. I'm moving but it's thoughtless and relaxing. The gym gets boring, running never does. During the spring summer I'm like a dog who can't stay inside scratching at the door ready to get out.

I really wish I would've given the dedication that I have to the weights in hs to my diet then. I was a semi muscular kid with some decent speed for my size but I just realized how much work I put in at the weight room while eating average at best. Ever since college started I've been messing with my diet crazy and still lifting and the results are that much more drastic (both positively and negatively). Should've listened to my mom and took meal prep and calorie consumption seriously, it would've maid even more of a difference on the field

Running (almost all cardio but more so this) is therapeutic to me. I'm moving but it's thoughtless and relaxing. The gym gets boring, running never does. During the spring summer I'm like a dog who can't stay inside scratching at the door ready to get out.
Yeah. Running outdoors is a lot more intense than on the treadmill as well. I do need good music though. I hit the gym 4 times a week or so and reserve a day or two to run around the house follow by some jump roping.

I hate running while I'm doing it. It's not enjoyable to me,at all but I do feel pretty good after.

Any form of cardio is great if you doing it right.

Last edited:
Yeah. Running outdoors is a lot more intense than on the treadmill as well. I do need good music though. I hit the gym 4 times a week or so and reserve a day or two to run around the house follow by some jump roping.

Treadmills suck. So easy to cheat it by just taking large hops.

Best part about running outside besides getting a good tan is that even if you get tired you'll still have to get back to the starting point. On a treadmill once you get board, which happens within 30 mins for me, you can just hop off and be done.

Running in that 100 degree summer heat is my favorite thing to do. Talk about pushing yourself. 9 miles in that and you're feeling it foreal

By the end of the summer I'm extremely dark :lol:

Last edited:
The treadmills can be dangerous, bro :lol:

I usually run at 13mph (max speed) and alternate down to 7 or 8 mph to mimic HIIT. There's been times when machines just turn off on me as I'm gunning full speed and I run into the front of the machine and the thing is about to tip over or times when the running strip gets worn out and I run quickly and the segment I land on starts to stretch and mess up my stride.

The treadmills can be dangerous, bro :lol:

I usually run at 13mph (max speed) and alternate down to 7 or 8 mph to mimic HIIT. There's been times when machines just turn off on me as I'm gunning full speed and I run into the front of the machine and the thing is about to tip over or times when the running strip gets worn out and I run quickly and the segment I land on starts to stretch and mess up my stride.

O yes they can :lol:

I was changing song in my phone when I dropped it and my headphone cord wrapped around my legs :lol:

They're good for what they are but I just don't like them. I never feel natural on it. I always feel like I need to speed up because in too far back on slow down because in toes are hitting the front plastic part.

Told myself if I ever fall off a treadmill, I don't care if I just got there, the workout is over and im going home :lol:

For got to add the stair machine to that list of cardio. I'd out that 2nd behind swimming for sure.

Last edited:
Ive seen a girl fly off one about a year back, the thing got screwed up and went full speed. tiny asian girl who honestly weighed 90lbs. she literally slammed the bottom and flew off. i felt so bad :frown:

Ive seen a girl fly off one about a year back, the thing got screwed up and went full speed. tiny asian girl who honestly weighed 90lbs. she literally slammed the bottom and flew off. i felt so bad :frown:

Saw something just like that :lol:

I worked at the college gym years back before I graduated so I saw all sorts of odd things (FYI if you want to see some if the worst gym activity even check of a college gym for the LOL's). Anyway, the exchange students would come work out wearing jeans and such. On tiny Asian girl got in the treadmill and was power walking in dr.martins combat boots. She for some reason turned up the speed, tripped on her own leg, and went flying :lol:. I'm talking several feet :lol:

She was fine so it's ok to laugh

treadmills do suck

i never use em................will never forget in my young days i was using the treadmill an i got to a point wher i got a killer number for a mile run on it

went to an actual track, had a very rude awakening

never again

Last edited:
treadmills do suck

i never use em................will never forget in my young days i was using the treadmill an i got to a point wher i got a killer number for a mile run on it

went to an actual track, had a very rude awakening

never again

Wait. How is that possible?

Srs

Wait. How is that possible?

Srs

The treadmill can move faster then you're actually going. You don't really push forward, it's more like lifting yourself off of it.

For example, get on a treadmill and take huge long strides, almost like a hop. You aren't really traveling that distance that it says you are, you're just buying time off of it while in the air.

Dog I was warming up one day for a team lift and I saw our Defensive Backs coach eat s*** and go flying off a treadmill attempting to run pretty damn fast on some crazy incline lolz. Hands down one of the funniest things I've ever seen but took a lot in me not to laugh. He was smurfed up too coming off that incline lmao...now I avoid treadmill as much as possible because of that.

I run with long strides, so trend mills dont work for me. The machine does not go as fast as I am running at times. 

Back
Top Bottom