STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So today I put in my letter of resignation in my cushy dead end office job to pursue a career in peraonal training. What I want to do is get back into track and field and open up a "offical" program for H.S kids to become faster during the off season.

So today I put in my letter of resignation in my cushy dead end office job to pursue a career in peraonal training. What I want to do is get back into track and field and open up a "offical" program for H.S kids to become faster during the off season.

Respect.

Sounds cool. Good luck. What's the extent of your track and field career, out of curiosity

Props...

Doing what you love >>>>>

Who knows? Maybe one day you can have your own PT facility that caters to all athletes on some Mike Barwis steez. There's a serious market out there because EVERYONE wants an edge, no matter the age.

Thats why that guy barely post in here. He tries to help out and thats the response he gets. For the most part I think what he was trying to say was pretty clear. For the things I couldn't understand I used google. Really isnt that hard
Really? You expect people in here to google what he says so they can understand it? C'mon son aint nobody got time for that.

I don't have a problem with how he stated what he said but Im sure most people in here don't understand some of those words. That kind of stuff makes some people upset which leads to arguments for 3 pages then he doesn't come back for a couple months.

Also its not broscience, that would be him saying you gotta get your protein shake in within 10 minutes of an arm workout. 

Last edited:
Neither of those dudes are anything "bro-science". Actual science yes

The terms he used weren't too advanced and if you came across something like "gluteal amnesia" then google would be the easy route.

I do believe holding isometric contractions at certain ROM is the best way to improve mobility in lifts but I wouldn't say methods that K Starr speaks of aren't helpful, especially when they're used daily they can be very beneficial.

Broooooooooooo. Four days...four days. Slight workout, just a run, some stretching and lazy rehab workout I do while I smoke...my knee feels better than it did for the last two years. Running isn't even as hard as I thought it would. My mind is bottled...trapped in a glass cage of emotion.

Also we're in the process of redoing the entire weightroom where I work through Power Lift and this sh*% is expensive man lol, 250k+ so far

Tbf lol ,I'm 16 but always had that natural huge chest.. Anyway, after almost a month of fasting,I took some weight..& abs are gone like forreal ahaha,still got the V thou but anybody can hit me up with an eating plan to get rid of belly fat?? I'm alrdy planning to do some massive cardio

Sounds cool. Good luck. What's the extent of your track and field career, out of curiosity

Personal Bests:
Indoors: 60m, 6.61; 200m, 21.41
Outdoors: 100m, 10.34 (10.30w); 200m, 20.88

NCAA All-American:
2004 Outdoor 4x100m Relay

Honors:
Big 12 4x100m Relay Champion (2004, 2005);
Nebraska Indoor 60m and Outdoor 4x100m Relay School Record Holder;
Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor Roll (Fall 2004)

NCAA Championships:
2005 (O): 100m, 10.52 (20th); 4x100m, 39.40 (10th)
2004 (I): 60m, 6.75p (11th)
2004 (O): 100m, 10.30w (18th); 4x100m, 39.90 (8th)

Big 12 Championships:
2005 (I): 60m, 6.78 (5th); 200m, 21.55 (5th)
2005 (O): 100m, 10.58 (5th); 4x100m, 39.59 (1st)
2004 (I): 200m, 21.41 (4th)
2004 (O): 100m, 10.67 (3rd); 200m, 21.23w (3rd); 4x100m, 39.76 (1st)
2003 (O): 4x100m, 40.42 (4th)

2005: Williams. earned his second Big 12 championship and returned to the NCAA Championships as a junior... ran the second leg of NU’s 4x100-meter relay that won a second straight conference crown with a time of 39.59 at the Big 12 outdoor meet... the squad broke the school record for the second consecutive year after posting a time of 39.19 that won the NCAA Midwest Regional title... just missed qualifying for the finals at the NCAA Outdoor Championships with a 10th-place time of 39.40 in the prelims... also competed in the 100-meter dash at the NCAA Championships, placing 20th in the prelims with a time of 10.52... claimed fifth place in the 100 at the Big 12 meet in 10.58... finished runner-up at regionals with a 10.37 clocking in the 100 to qualify for nationals... posted a career-best time of 10.34 to win the Nebraska Invitational and qualify for regionals... the performance puts Williams sixth on NU’s all-time outdoor list... scored in both the 60-meter dash (6.78) and 200 meters (21.55) at the Big 12 indoor meet with fifth-place finishes... claimed bronze medal finishes in the 60 at the Holiday Inn Invitational (6.82), Husker Invitational (6.75) and Iowa State Classic (tie-6.73)... placed second in the 200 at the Husker Invitational (21.61), while earning third place at the Holiday Inn Invitational (21.99)... ran on the winning 4x100-meter relay outdoors at the John Jacobs Invitational (39. 8) and Nebraska Invitational (39.86), while posting a second-place showing in the Invitational section at the Kansas Relays (40.16). 2004: Williams earned his first career NCAA All-America honor and qualified for both the NCAA Indoor and Outdoor Championships as a sophomore... ran the second leg of the 4x100-meter relay team that clocked a time of 39.90 to earn eighth place at the NCAA Outdoor Championships... broke the school record by posting a time of 39.41 in the preliminary round to qualify for the finals... the relay team also won the Big 12 Conference outdoor title (39.76)... ran a wind-aided 10.30 in the preliminary round of 100-meter dash competition at the NCAA Outdoor Championships, but did not advance to the finals... ran a then-career best of 10.40 in the 100-meter dash to finish fifth at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships and automatically qualify for the national meet in the 100... ran the second leg on the 4x100-meter relay team that won the regional title with a time of 39.62... took third place at the outdoor conference championships in the 100 meters with a time of 10.67... won bronze in the 100 (10.52) and the 200 (21.39) at the Nebraska Quadrangular... ran the best race of his young career in the Cyclone NCAA Qualifier semifinals of the 60-meter dash to automatically qualify for his first NCAA Indoor Championships and tie the NU school record of 6.61... ran 6.72 in the 60 meters in the preliminaries of the Big 12 Indoor Championships before being disqualified for a false start in the semifinals... earned bronze in the 200 at the outdoor conference championships with a wind-aided time of 21.33 after setting his personal-low time of 20.88 in the preliminaries... took fourth place in the 200 meters with a personal-best time of 21.41 at the indoor conference championships... won the KSU Open 60 in 6.83... won bronze in the 200 meters (21.69) and finished fifth in the 60 meters (6.79) at the adidas Classic. 2003: Williams led the Husker sprinters in his first season at Nebraska... ran a then-career-best time of 6.78 in the 60-meter dash at the Cyclone NCAA Qualifier in the semifinals, and finished fourth in the finals in 6.79... clocked 21.73 in the 200 meters at the adidas Classic for a fifth-place finish... won the 60 meters and took bronze in the 200 meters at the Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational... clocked an NCAA regional-qualifying time of 10.48 in the 100-meter dash at the Ward Haylett Invitational for a fourth-place finish... ran 21.40 in the preliminaries of the 200 meters at the Big 12 Outdoor Championships... ran the lead leg on the NU 4x100-meter relay team that took fourth place at the Big 12 Outdoor meet... notched a wind-aided 10.43 in the preliminaries of the 100-meter dash at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships but did not advance to the finals. High School: Had an outstanding prep career on the track... was the 2002 New York indoor state champion in the 55 meters (6.37) and the 300 meters as a senior... during outdoors, Williams notched a second-place finish in the 100 meters at the 2002 New York state meet... as a junior, was second in the 55 meters (6.48) indoors and second in the 100 meters (10.62) outdoors at the New York State Championships... was also a member of the 4x100-meter relay team that finished seventh at the 2002 New York State Championships his senior year... best times included 6.37 in the 55 meters and 10.53 in the 100 meters.

Copied and pasted from my university website.

After I finished running track I became a volunteer coach for the short sprinters and helped that freshman class of sprinters in becoming all american in the 4x100m relay out the bat.

Last edited:
Neither of those dudes are anything "bro-science". Actual science yes

The terms he used weren't too advanced and if you came across something like "gluteal amnesia" then google would be the easy route.

I do believe holding isometric contractions at certain ROM is the best way to improve mobility in lifts but I wouldn't say methods that K Starr speaks of aren't helpful, especially when they're used daily they can be very beneficial.
Thats really the main part I disagreed with too. 

Big 12? What school? Kstate reppin. Nebraska? I wish you well, but you deserters get no love from me -_- Yea...I'm mad.

Last edited:
So u know my "bae" Chantae Mac lol

Yup. She was a freshman when I started coaching. A bit on the weird side but I'm sure your thirst can over look that :lol: I know/knew several high profile runners before they hit it big and also the few that got caught doping. *cough* Tyson Gay*cough*.

Last edited:
What happened to the guy that brought out the fire extinguisher after his race? lol

You mean Maurice Greene. My favorite runner of all time. He does random TV crap. Should have went into coaching. I had the opportunity to run in the same heat as him. needless to say I didn't win that race. :D

Really? I dont think any of that is confusing at all.

*checks name*

Cmon son. Youre like this threads bro-science professor. Of course you would know.

So instead of asking for clarification or a better explanation, you just want to dismiss everything that was said?

Instead of trying to knock other people down, why dont you try to learn something and elevate yourself?

Just because you dont understand it, doesnt mean its broscience.

You mean Maurice Greene. My favorite runner of all time. He does random TV crap. Should have went into coaching. I had the opportunity to run in the same heat as him. needless to say I didn't win that race.
happy.gif
Yeah that was him, he was a beast. I liked him and Michael Johnson.

WAIT JUST BC SOME PPL DONT EEM LIFT BRAIN CELLS, YALL GONNA GET MAD AT DUDES EXPLAINING THINGS FOR YOU?

AND THEN U CALL THE EDUCATED ONES SOUNDING DOUCHEY AND BRO SCIENCE?

LMAO I THINK THE TERM UR LOOKING FOR IS ACTUALLY EDUCATED AND SCIENTIFIC.

DOUCHEY WOULD BE LIKE ZYZZ AND HIS FACTS ABOUT QUEST BARS

DO YALL EEM FITNESS OR DO YOU JUST SKIM THROUGH IT?

i asked him for suggestions and he took the time to provide them to me. i google what i don't understand and if i'm still in the dark, i'll pm him. i respect his opinion and appreciate the time he took to respond as i appreciate everyone in here that responds to my questions. my squat depth is a problem. i can go a little below parallel and would like to go lower. what i found interesting was that i can't hold an unweighted squat really low for a minute without it being very squirmy and uncomfortable.

while i do want to have a better physique and move more weight, mobility is very important. i'm an older guy and i'm trying to be fit cause i have an 18 month old kid. i wanna be able to skateboard, surf, throw football etc with him as he gets older. i did some gymnastics in high school and can barely walk on my hands anymore. used to be able to do strict ring false grip muscle ups - can't even get close anymore. can move more weight than i ever could. i look more muscular than i ever have. can't move around like i could and my agility is shot :frown:

Just a lil update. Been hittin the gyn consistently but might have to make some tweaks with everything to take my body to the next step. I'm pretty content though

#Pause

5'10 160

Last edited:
So instead of asking for clarification or a better explanation, you just want to dismiss everything that was said?

Instead of trying to knock other people down, why dont you try to learn something and elevate yourself?

Just because you dont understand it, doesnt mean its broscience.
I meant broscience in the sense that: when its not simplified, it sounds too scientific, which in term an overused term "broscience" (while not used correctly) is applied.

And I did ask for it to be simplified, never dismissed it. Check my first post in regard to his essay.

Back
Top Bottom