STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Explain a tiny bit more?

Basically my body is going to get used to low calories and when im off my "diet" ill likely gain some (not all) of it back? 

Im aiming to get to 180 by end of September. How many calories you suggest I go for? Ive been targeting 1700-2000 calories the past 2 months and ive lost 20 lbs this summer. Too rapid? Today is the only day ive gone this low. This past week im averaging about 1800 calories according to my log.

I feel totally fine today though at 1200 calories, I dont feel hungry or anything. I space my meals 3-4 hours apart.
Exactly, I said of it just for dramatic effect lol

Your body is going to be used to such a low caloric amount that it won't be able to adjust quick enough if you just jump right back into a 2500-3000 caloric intake. Also, if you stay at a low enough deficit your body will go into starvation mode and after a period of time your metabolism and others things (sex drive, energy, etc...) will be effected. 

Watch this, I agree with some of what he says. Basically I wouldn't stay in a huge deficit for a long period of time.

Last edited:
Im at 1200...im gonna sneak in another 3-400 calorie meal. 
laugh.gif

1700-1900 is too low still?

Im starting to do an overload every week or two. Will that "negate" the effects you say I might get? Last Sunday I had about a 3000 calorie day.

My mom and sister, both 5 foot around 120 eat around 1200.

No grown man should eat under 2000 in my opinion. Haters can suck it.

How much weight a week are you losing at that amount?

This addresses what I was talking about, 4 minute mark and on.

Last edited:

My mom and sister, both 5 foot around 120 eat around 1200.

No grown man should eat under 2000 in my opinion. Haters can suck it.

How much weight a week are you losing at that amount?
Even on a cut? I did squats and DL as well too.

Heres today:

Meal 1 - 400 cal

Quest Bar - 200 cal

1 Scoop Dymatize whey - 110 cal

Meal 2 - 200 cal

Meal 3 - 300 cal

Meal 4 (literally as I type this) - 300 cal.

Total calories: approx 1510

Had about in total 1.5 cups of rice (half a cup with each meal except the 200 calorie meal) so thats all the carbs I had. If I could approximate the protein Ive had, im at around 130-140 grams.

As far as how much weight a week, ive lost a lot more than I thought. I aimed at being 190 by the end of August, its mid August and I weighed myself today and im at 184-185lbs.

Last edited:

Even on a cut? I did squats and DL as well too.

Heres today:

Meal 1 - 400 cal

Quest Bar - 200 cal

1 Scoop Dymatize whey - 110 cal

Meal 2 - 200 cal

Meal 3 - 300 cal

Meal 4 (literally as I type this) - 300 cal.

Total calories: approx 1510

Had about in total 1.5 cups of rice (half a cup with each meal except the 200 calorie meal) so thats all the carbs I had. If I could approximate the protein Ive had, im at around 130-140 grams.

As far as how much weight a week, ive lost a lot more than I thought. I aimed at being 190 by the end of August, its mid August and I weighed myself today and im at 184-185lbs.
Yeah at 185 theres no reason to be at 1500 calories a day. I know your trying to get the cut over with asap but I would see if you could lose some on 2000-2200 a week. I have the slowest metabolism in the world and can cut at that. 

Whats your end goal since you already met your goal weight.

Yeah at 185 theres no reason to be at 1500 calories a day. I know your trying to get the cut over with asap but I would see if you could lose some on 2000-2200 a week. I have the slowest metabolism in the world and can cut at that. 

Whats your end goal since you already met your goal weight.
End goal is 175 ideally. Then I want to clean bulk at 2500 cals starting maybe November. I workout 3-4 days a week. My split is push, pull, and then lower body, with 3 days rest inbetween each. Im at the gym 3-4 times a week, sometimes 5 easily. Even at 1700-1900 calories, I feel energized and fine. I start my workout with 20 minutes spin bike and it gets the blood pumping, no PWO or anything either.

I see what you are trying to say, but my thing is, if say im at 1600 calories for the day, and I dont feel hungry, why eat another 400 calories (even if 2000 is still acceptable for a cut)? 

Is it that counter productive in the long run?

I still have A LOT of fat on my torso that I want gone. My stomach juts out still and my chest is still flabby.

Appreciate this exchange with you btw, nice to get someone else's insight.

Last edited:
i'm at a sloppy 185 right now looking to get close to 170. i ate , on average, over 2500 cals/day last week, barely worked out, and ended up losing around .2 pound lol.
this week i'm close to the same but working out hard. gonna weigh myself on monday. lowest i'll go is around 2000. i can do less but it gets so damn miserable unless i do IF.

post up your progress each monday man. i'll probably do the same.

Last edited:

End goal is 175 ideally. Then I want to clean bulk at 2500 cals starting maybe November. I workout 3-4 days a week. My split is push, pull, and then lower body, with 3 days rest inbetween each. Im at the gym 3-4 times a week, sometimes 5 easily. Even at 1700-1900 calories, I feel energized and fine. I start my workout with 20 minutes spin bike and it gets the blood pumping, no PWO or anything either.

I see what you are trying to say, but my thing is, if say im at 1600 calories for the day, and I dont feel hungry, why eat another 400 calories (even if 2000 is still acceptable for a cut)? 

Is it that counter productive in the long run?

I still have A LOT of fat on my torso that I want gone. My stomach juts out still and my chest is still flabby.

Appreciate this exchange with you btw, nice to get someone else's insight.
No problem bro this is what this thread is about, not all that bs nonsense.

I would just try you hardest to hit 2k each day and then have a reefed day at least once every 10-14 days. Im just giving you this advice so when your done you won't have near as difficult of a time going back to eating normal and then going into a surplus.

Stomach is the hardest place to lose it for guys, it just takes time. Get that bench up some and your chest will develop. 

No problem bro this is what this thread is about, not all that bs nonsense.

I would just try you hardest to hit 2k each day and then have a reefed day at least once every 10-14 days. Im just giving you this advice so when your done you won't have near as difficult of a time going back to eating normal and then going into a surplus.

Stomach is the hardest place to lose it for guys, it just takes time. Get that bench up some and your chest will develop. 
You know what the thing is, I kinda like eating like this. This eating routine/lifestyle doesnt feel like a "diet" per say. I dont go to sleep at night going "damn I cant wait til im done with this". I do avoid certain foods, and will continue to avoid certain foods when I bulk but my bulk will probably just consist of a cup of rice instead of a half cup, more servings of chicken/beef/whatever and maybe an extra meal.

Not to mention its easy on the wallet. 
laugh.gif

Thats the thing with chest, my shoulder is messed up and havent benched in about a month. I'll try that shrug/back/drop it thing to see if it helps.

@Stuntman Mike  i'll be sure to post my progress. I try not to weigh myself too often though. Wanna post our weight maybe 2 Mondays from now? The 25th.

Last edited:
Well more power to you, I go to bed damn near starving at night when I cut.

I could 1k calories post training easy. 

I need to drop back down some, but these strength gains have been magnificent.

Last edited:
My body went into starvation mode eating at 1,500 cals, stopped losing weight for like 1-2 months. Now every meal has to be atleast 700 cals for me to lose weight..

Last edited:
Ahhhh see thats that bull shiiit right there. 

The fitness industry has screwed up what average males should look like.

Well more power to you, I go to bed damn near starving at night when I cut.

I could 1k calories post training easy. 

I need to drop back down some, but these strength gains have been magnificent.
We have different goals breh. I havent been under 190 since my HS days, and even then I wasnt in shape.

Maintenance would be what, 2200-2500 cals? Bulking would be more on the 3000 calorie range I assume.

Exactly, I said of it just for dramatic effect lol

Your body is going to be used to such a low caloric amount that it won't be able to adjust quick enough if you just jump right back into a 2500-3000 caloric intake. Also, if you stay at a low enough deficit your body will go into starvation mode and after a period of time your metabolism and others things (sex drive, energy, etc...) will be effected. 

Watch this, I agree with some of what he says. Basically I wouldn't stay in a huge deficit for a long period of time.

I'm pretty sure your body doesn't go into starvation mode unless you're literally starving. Won't happen from occasionally eating 200 calories less than recommended.

Oh theres no doubt my dinner alone tonight was 2-3k
my man!
today my calorie intake was OD and i'm like eff today. we bout to head out to my baby boy's favorite restaurant where i get a plate of rice and smoked meat smothered with sunny side up eggs.

I'm pretty sure your body doesn't go into starvation mode unless you're literally starving. Won't happen from occasionally eating 200 calories less than recommended.
Did you read what was posted? Eating 1200 calories =/= 200 less than recommended. Its probably close to 1000 under what a 185 pound male should eat in a day if he did no exercise at all. 

my man!
today my calorie intake was OD and i'm like eff today. we bout to head out to my baby boy's favorite restaurant where i get a plate of rice and smoked meat smothered with sunny side up eggs.
That sounds awesome.

I had a big burger covered in pimento cheese with ketchup, mayo, lettuce and some fries 
devil.gif

Washed it down with water too, am I doing it right? 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom