STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

PF is good for...cardio.

You can get a decent shoulder day, back I guess, chest would suck because you cant bench there (I guess smith machine but meh). No DL or squats...

Yeah. Decent shoulder day and thats about it. :lol:

Well decent since free weights are up to 60lbs only.

SuperQ, you don't believe in IF at all?

I wouldnt say at all... I tend to think of things from a bodybuilder point of view and to me, IIFYM has no place in it. In real world application, IIFYM is probably pretty good for someone who wants to stay sane while in a caloric deficit. Things tend to get pretty repetitive as far as food and if you can take ine meal, plan your macros around it accordingly and reach your goals, why not? It just doesnt work for me and what I look for from my food intake.

I think the idea of iifym gets misconstrued... The whole jist was to eat clean for roughly 80% of your macros then fill the rest with foods that will hit your macros but less strict in terms of "nutrient density"It's these dimwits on instagram that take it too far who eat like a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's and then eat boiled chicken and broc the rest of the day...If any of you follow http://www.instagram.com/timbahwolffff you know what I'm saying

Last edited:
Yeah not hating on him actually the opposite. Him, Steve cook and Chris duffin are my favorite fitness personalities
Man those 3 guys couldn't be any different in terms of training and philosophies 
laugh.gif

Duffin is a beast and has a lot of very informative content out there. 

He hit a 4x bw squat in the 220 class... 
sick.gif

First time trying the mP Combat Bars today and I got to admit they're pretty damn good. Might have to buy those instead of quest bars next time just to switch it up. Still think Quest bars >>> .

I'm trying to get into a martial art so I'm joining this gym in my area that has several programs. It's a pretty popular gym and they have:

Boxing

Muy Thai/MMA

Kickboxing (no contact)

Brazilian Jiujitsu

Takwondo

I'm over six feet tall and weigh about 180 and I'm skin and bones. Which one of these programs should I sign up for?

power lifting week for me, i'll be happy if i can ge jus get 300 on anything.. been so weak lately

I'm trying to get into a martial art so I'm joining this gym in my area that has several programs. It's a pretty popular gym and they have:

Boxing

Muy Thai/MMA

Kickboxing (no contact)

Brazilian Jiujitsu

Takwondo

I'm over six feet tall and weigh about 180 and I'm skin and bones. Which one of these programs should I sign up for?
Do what you feel bruh 

The disciplines you listed are moreso about skill than size 

Just get your skill up

The PF near me was straight.

Obviously dont agree with the practices (pizza night, totsie rolls, lunk alarm) but it pretty much had everything except a squat rack.

Incline, regular and decline bench. 3 smiths. DBs went to 95. Folks DL'ed all the time. For 10 bucks a month, i put up with the ugly colors and uncommon business practices.

Would still workout there if i didn't move and join golds.

The PF near me was straight.

Obviously dont agree with the practices (pizza night, totsie rolls, lunk alarm) but it pretty much had everything except a squat rack.

Incline, regular and decline bench. 3 smiths. DBs went to 95. Folks DL'ed all the time. For 10 bucks a month, i put up with the ugly colors and uncommon business practices.

Would still workout there if i didn't move and join golds.
I don't think any PF is exactly the same as another. Ive heard many different options on whats offered and it seems like it varies (racks, how heavy the DBs go).

I don't know how you would DL without setting that alarm off though. 

I don't think any PF is exactly the same as another. Ive heard many different options on whats offered and it seems like it varies (racks, how heavy the DBs go).

I don't know how you would DL without setting that alarm off though. 

I've heard that too. Before i joined them way back i called to check on the equipment they had. The guy we annoyed because i asked the same questions over and over just to make sure they weren't trying to get a sale.

I don't know about the alarm. When i did deads, i was pretty far away from it. I'm not pulling major weight like you boys in here but with 225, i never set it off.

Im not even sure how it worked ? I heard it was manually operated ?

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/planet-fitness-not-gym/page/2

Good article on PF.

I believe thats the link for the 2nd page but I suggest reading it from the beginning. This part is the real truth though:

"At Planet Fitness, it’s always January. They drive away the lifters who would be expensive to accommodate, in favor of those who’re least likely to swipe their cards more than a few times a month. Many, I suspect, don’t swipe their cards at all; the $10 monthly charge seems a small price to keep alive the dream of getting in shape. "

Last edited:

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/planet-fitness-not-gym/page/2

Good article on PF.

I believe thats the link for the 2nd page but I suggest reading it from the beginning. This part is the real truth though:

"At Planet Fitness, it’s always January. They drive away the lifters who would be expensive to accommodate, in favor of those who’re least likely to swipe their cards more than a few times a month. Many, I suspect, don’t swipe their cards at all; the $10 monthly charge seems a small price to keep alive the dream of getting in shape. "
It didn't say much. Sure it doesn't have free weights, but honestly it s good spot for beginners who may be intimated by the big body gyms with the heavy lifters. They have more than enough equipment in there to get/stay in shape.

Last edited:
bought a 12 pack of Quest bars. Apple Pie. Can't wait!

My girl is obsessed with them.

Thank you NT for putting me on

Are they healthy?

I'm not a morning person.. But I know I need to eat something when I first get up.. But I don't really have much of an appetite when I wake up..

So I'm looking for something I can grab quick that still is somewhat good for me

Last edited:
Are they healthy?

I'm not a morning person.. But I know I need to eat something when I first get up.. But I don't really have much of an appetite when I wake up..

So I'm looking for something I can grab quick that still is somewhat good for me
Quest bars are pretty gross still. Tastes like a glorified power bar. Expensive too

Microwave them for like 10 secs, that's how you really eat them bad boys.

Cookie dough is awesome. so is the banana nut muffin
(hell they're all pretty ood)

Are they healthy?
I always say you get the appetite just by start eating,
but yes they're healthy
about 21 grams of protein per bar
and 17 grams of fiber

Back
Top Bottom