STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Probably just more intense cardio. I'm at the same point so we'll see how it goes. Diet is already in check, but for me lifting burns differently than cardio. May focus on that for now due to problem areas. You can't spot reduce, but I don't think it's that black and white. Depending on what I'm doing I'll definitely see the difference in rate of loss in visceral vs subcutaneous fat.
I'm not jacked, but I had to take a break from lifting, as I endup looking like a DE when I lift too often. My aim is to attain a slim(muscled) build, but im guessing a diet change is what will have to be step 1.

I'm not jacked, but I had to take a break from lifting, as I endup looking like a DE when I lift too often. My aim is to attain a slim(muscled) build, but im guessing a diet change is what will have to be step 1.
Wait you stopped lifting because you got to big? lol I hope I read that wrong.

Diet is everything. You have to eat how you want to look. Sprints immediately after lifting has always worked for me to get rid of fat quickly. I like sprinting stairs the best

People say you can't spot reduce but I've never seen anything strip lower abdominal fat like sprinting stairs.

Thanksgiving is over finally I can go back to my diet got home after killing arms and back I fix myself up some salad then I see this apple pie starring at me in the oven [emoji]128557[/emoji] I just want one slice bros

Starting Wendler beginning tomorrow

Kinda looking forward to it

What kind of gains can I expect from this

Last edited:

You can get gains on any program when you're at the beginner/intermediate stage of lifting. Theres no way to tell you x amount of weight will be gained on x lift. 

Last edited:

Wait you stopped lifting because you got to big? lol I hope I read that wrong.
Yeah, I didnt preface that right lol. When I lift, I pickup weight in my shoulders, arms etc, which is great. But my legs, calves etc also get larger, which is what i dont want. I have naturally huge legs, thighs etc. I want a slimmer muscled build, vs. a completely jacked look. So I took a break to figure things out at this early stage

Diet is everything. You have to eat how you want to look. Sprints immediately after lifting has always worked for me to get rid of fat quickly. I like sprinting stairs the best
Started implementing plyometrics immediately after squats, bench ..etc..
Def game changer and will have you drenched :smokin

Pertaining to diet, do any of you have an example of the type of grocery items you shop for, or a website for reference?  Eating healthy is something i dont do. My metabolism has always kept things in tact, but as i get older i can sense the need to change old habits.

Yeah, I didnt preface that right lol. When I lift, I pickup weight in my shoulders, arms etc, which is great. But my legs, calves etc also get larger, which is what i dont want. I have naturally huge legs, thighs etc. I want a slimmer muscled build, vs. a completely jacked look. So I took a break to figure things out at this early stage
Nothing wrong with big legs homie

I want huge quads word to my boy Big Ramy 

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for whoever suggested the Big Lifts app.
One question its week 1. 5/5/5
Week 2. 3/3/3
Week 3 5/3/1
Week 4 deload
For the stabdard program

If you eat enough and follow the program, you'll make strength gains, no doubt.

Aesthetic gains will come from your accessory work. Just gotta find a point a point to where you stay fresh enough to progress on the main lifts.

Did legs yesterday.  Finally getting into a routine.  

Everything felt really good yesterday so i hit 315 for 3 reps.  Hit 335lbs for 2.  Then was like eff it i will see if i can get my one rep max at 365lbs.  It was soooo close.  Down and out of the hole pretty well then about half way up i saw black....froze for a good second maybe second and a half.  I thought i was done for.  Some how made it.  Racked and started seeing stars. Sat down for a bit did some deep breathing and then lowered the weight to finish up. 

That is a crazy moment.  The make or break moment where everything runs through your head.  I had the safety bars there so i though about rolling it off my back i thought about going down and leaning forward to have it land on the safety bars.  So much ran through my head in that 1 second.  But once i racked i kinda started laughing like good lord was that close.

Still shooting for 405 by the end of feb. 

How do you guys feel about weight gainers? I'd like to add about 10-15lbs over the next couple of months. I know eating more is the best way to do it but I'm not sure I can afford to eat 4-6 meals a day, everyday and idon't think I'll have enough time to always prep. Also it's so much easier for me to meet my protein intake compared to my recommended calorie intake without eating junk.

I'm 150 now, aiming for at least 10lbs of solid muscle by February.

I was checking this out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GIPJ0M/?tag=niketalk0e-20

61ClELCTahL._SY400_.jpg

Thanks.

Edit - I never use their recommended serving size. I usuaully cut it in half.

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about weight gainers? I'd like to add about 10-15lbs over the next couple of months. I know eating more is the best way to do it but I'm not sure I can afford to eat 4-6 meals a day, everyday and idon't think I'll have enough time to always prep. Also it's so much easier for me to meet my protein intake compared to my recommended calorie intake without eating junk.

I'm 150 now, aiming for at least 10lbs of solid muscle by February.

I was checking this out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GIPJ0M/?tag=niketalk0e-20

61ClELCTahL._SY400_.jpg

Thanks.
Take that 45$ you would have spent on this and buy ground beef. Eat 1 lb per day in addition to what you're eating now.

Back
Top Bottom