STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How do you guys feel about weight gainers? I'd like to add about 10-15lbs over the next couple of months. I know eating more is the best way to do it but I'm not sure I can afford to eat 4-6 meals a day, everyday and idon't think I'll have enough time to always prep. Also it's so much easier for me to meet my protein intake compared to my recommended calorie intake without eating junk.

I'm 150 now, aiming for at least 10lbs of solid muscle by February.

I was checking this out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GIPJ0M/?tag=niketalk0e-20

61ClELCTahL._SY400_.jpg

Thanks

Edit - I never use their recommended serving size. I usuaully cut it in half.
I had good results with bsn tru mass. It tastes good and isn't as thick as some others. I've always worked construction so getting all the calories I need from real food has never been realistic. Mixing peanut butter in oatmeal has always packed on pounds for me too. 10lbs in three months is pretty easy to do without gainers though just eat.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Only reason I wanted the gainer was because of the calories, I would probably use a half scoop per day instead of the 2 full ones.

I'm not too big on the beef recommendation :lol:. Yesterday I ate a half pound. I'm approaching 30s and I'm thinking about my health a lot more and all that meat doesn't sound good considering my health history(appendicitis and obstructions).

Like others have said, eating food is the best and most effecive way but youre paying for the convenience here.

Mass gainers work, ive had multiple friends who have reached their personal goals while on mass gainers. Try it out, if it works for you then great, if not then oh well.

I haven't had any time to do any arm work with my major lifts so today is arm day.

weighted close grip pullups superset with weighted dips

reverse grip bench superset with heavy barbell curls

decline skull crushers superset with preacher curls

21s until failure with barbell curls and whatever cable is open for tris

If you don't know about reverse grip benching you should give it a try. It will force you to lay your ego on the floor lol. Hands shoulder width and make sure you have a good arch in your back or it's hard to balance. Once you get past the awkwardness of the movement it's great. Just make sure your elbows stay tucked to your body although you don't have much choice.

I feel like I gain too much weight. Not sure if my proper weight is 171 or 181
mean.gif
.......been slacking on the gym life but about to get back to it

Edit:

ok so I search thru the thread my proper weight is 181 and I am 184 now. Still need to get back to lifting after this week off

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Only reason I wanted the gainer was because of the calories, I would probably use a half scoop per day instead of the 2 full ones.

I'm not too big on the beef recommendation
laugh.gif
. Yesterday I ate a half pound. I'm approaching 30s and I'm thinking about my health a lot more and all that meat doesn't sound good considering my health history(appendicitis and obstructions).
Cooking in a crockpot has helped me a lot. It's easy to make a ton of food at one time. Making a high calorie high protein chilli is easy and as healthy as you want to make it. That way you always have something in the fridge and it doesn't get any easier to add another meal to your diet.

while whole food is optimal, drinking a whey shake (especially in milk) can be much cheaper in terms of cost per gram of protein - even cheaper than ground beef and whey is more bioavailable.
that being said, i have no idea how people need a specific product to GAIN weight. it absolutely baffles someone like myself who has no problems eating waaaayyyyyy over my maintenance cals :lol:

dump it into your eyeball for quicker absorption too.  Can't miss the anabolic window because if you do...no reason to even work out...no gainz will be had

My pre workout and post workout.

The Russians do it.

So..

I adopted the same methodology as the Demi gods

Read the last few pages.... Wow. Madness.

I think my favorite line was boss with the closet homos comment, that one had me laughing.

On a gym note. Forgot gym clothes Saturday before I went out and going home was out of the way so I lifted in jeans and Air Force 1 his like a pimp. People were mirin.

all calories aren't the same. If you are trying to put on any kind of weight it's beyond easy with real food but packing on lean muscle is completely different. See how long you can consume 4-5000 clean calories a day with real food. It's not sustainable and you will drive yourself insane. You would have to consume over a pound of chicken rice and vegetables 5-6 times a day. I have no idea what it feels like to have an office job and be able to gain on low calories so I can't relate. I need at least a couple thousand calories in shakes to keep my sanity and have any chance of putting on weight when I'm off the bike.

Back
Top Bottom