STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Body weight for max reps... Sounds like Cros...

:lol:

What are the standards? Is there pausing allowed, or once the movement stops your set concludes? On the clean are we catching high (power) or catching low (full clean)? You didn't mention power so I'm assuming high.

What are the standards? Is there pausing allowed, or once the movement stops your set concludes? On the clean are we catching high (power) or catching low (full clean)? You didn't mention power so I'm assuming high.

For bench I did my pause at my lockout for only 2-3sec.

I would say the Pause shouldn't be longer than 3sec on any lift.

Do you need to catch low for your body weight ?

Then do so, if you can catch high - catch high.

Clean?

Nahhhh let's keep it to exercises Arnold would do lol

I loved them when I did deads.

Worked with 225.

Set 7 is when 10 became a real struggle.
What did the rest of your day look like after that? 

10x10 deads would floor me

On another note, this dude I used to train with who won the NPC Mr. Teen Texas couple years back would swear by those extreme high rep low weight "burnout sets" at the end of each session. Great for hypertrophy...more of a bodybuilding style IMO

Last edited:
i did about 5# over bodyweight for 12 reps or so sometime this year. maybe a little more - might have been 15. i think i got the idea from someone in this thread and posted my results. i'd do even less right now if i tried.

i would not want to do 10 sets of 10 on deadlifts even with just 135# mostly because it sounds like too much work :lol:
maybe i'll try it tomorrow - not with 225# though. i'd end up getting real sloppy and hurting myself with 225#

Last edited:
What did the rest of your day look like after that? 

10x10 deads would floor me

On another note, this dude I used to train with who won the NPC Mr. Teen Texas couple years back would swear by those extreme high rep low weight "burnout sets" at the end of each session. Great for hypertrophy...more of a bodybuilding style IMO

10x10 for back (deads)

10x10 for biceps (straight bar curls)

And that was it.

Only did it for a month to throw a wrench in my routine.

I do it once a year.

lol. i just walked back to the weightroom and the most i could do was 32. took a vid just in case i did plenty of reps. guess i'll delete it :lol: thought i could do more. i'm probably at 175# right now.

lol. i just walked back to the weightroom and the most i could do was 32. took a vid just in case i did plenty of reps. guess i'll delete it :lol: thought i could do more. i'm probably at 175# right now.

Lol I did the same thing with the video.

I thought for sure I could hover around 80..

Boy was I wrong lol

Next chest day I'll do body weight.

That's much more fair.

Tomorrow is shoulder day, and I'll do 135 for seated military press.

210 is a heavy working set for me (my body weight).

Afterwards I'll do body weight powercleans x max reps.

Last edited:
Yo Mike I just followed you on IG homie, everyone else peep da sig. I even follow that bastard @ooIRON MANoo  

I don't even want to do bw squats for reps lol 

Are we doing gym weight fully clothed with shoes or butt naked in the morning weight? 

I worked up to 475 for a beltless PR on DL tonight, followed by 405x6x3 beltless.

Lower back is frieeeeeddddd

Last edited:

Seriously though, just another Fad in the weight-training and health industry that will disappear. If you're not on the bandwagon yet... you missed it. You may as well jump on the South Beach Diet or Atkins Diet and toss on some Billy Blanks Tae-Bo.
Pretty much

Back
Top Bottom