STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I know I shouldn't care, but people who don't squat to an acceptable depth rustle my jimmies so bad.

I just glance whilst I walk by and laugh to myself.

it doesnt bother me.

My absolute favorite is when there like 4-5 plates loaded up on the hack squat machine and they're using a smaller range of motion than a wrist curl.

Son got a better shoulder workout loading and unloading the plates than he did on his quads.

Its a dude in my gym who's been going there for months too.. i look forward to seeing him on wednesday mornings :rofl:

I know I shouldn't care, but people who don't squat to an acceptable depth rustle my jimmies so bad.
This gets me everytime 
laugh.gif
  Like I want to give them advice but I end up just letting it go.

Naw, the only thing that really irritates me is when people throw weights all over the place. If that stuff breakes EVERYONE has to wait for them to replace it. Not to mention its just loud and obnoxious.

Naw, the only thing that really irritates me is when people throw weights all over the place. If that stuff breakes EVERYONE has to wait for them to replace it. Not to mention its just loud and obnoxious.
Sounds like you need to go to planet fitness. There's no gymtimidation there.

Blender recommendations? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

My crappy blender can barely blend a thawed raw banana into my morning shakes :lol:

I hear Ninja is a good one...

Anyone here use their blender religiously and care to recommend me one?

Sounds like you need to go to planet fitness. There's no gymtimidation there.

Eh... I agree with Blaster to a degree...

There's a time and place to throw around weights when its a 500LB DL

but if you're screaming and throwing one of the two 45 plates off of the leg press machine to do a drop set.... thats obnoxious.

Some dude broke the back extension machine because he wasn't controlling the negative on the way down... letting it slam and screaming all the way up doing the whole stack.... thing was out of commission for a month :rofl:

Quite a bit of older folks at my gym (i go at about 7 - 8AM) and they're always getting pissed when their machines are broken :lol:

Eh... I agree with Blaster to a degree...

There's a time and place to throw around weights when its a 500LB DL

but if you're screaming and throwing one of the two 45 plates off of the leg press machine to do a drop set.... thats obnoxious.

Some dude broke the back extension machine because he wasn't controlling the negative on the way down... letting it slam and screaming all the way up doing the whole stack.... thing was out of commission for a month :rofl:

Quite a bit of older folks at my gym (i go at about 7 - 8AM) and they're always getting pissed when their machines are broken :lol:

Exactly. Putting down something hard while in the proper position to do so and completely dropping something without a care in the world are two very different things. Like I said, when something is broke we all are at a loss. Saw a dude snap a cable the other day because after he was done with his sets he felt the need to just let go while his arms were still completely flexed.

I mean forget gym etiquette, let's just use some common sense and remedial problem solving skills

Last edited:
Anyone in Houston know of a store where it's possible to buy a quality lever belt?

I need a new belt and don't want to buy a crappy $20 or wait for one from ordering online.

Ive been working on my stretching and depth. Its a difficult thing sometimes for people with tight hips like me. I can finally atleast get my legs bend to 90 degrees when i drop. But sometimes lower depending on weight. Still working on it but im much better now than i was 2-3 years ago

Last edited:
For those who asked about Olympic shoes, listen to the new Mark Bell podcast at the 1:05 minute mark.
Are they needed for powerlifting? No. But can they help and is there a difference? Depending on who you are and yes.
I need em for olympic lifting though.

Last 3 weeks my workouts have sucked for the most part, no programming no recording barely any motivation. I'll have one good day out of the week and the rest will be ehh. I'm sleeping a lot, 8+ hours and my nutrition has Ben abt a 7.5 out of 10. I think it's just the environment im in plus the fact that I'm not training for anything. I'm not ready for a weightlifting competition but I've been contemplating jumping back in physique, I know I could kill some of those dudes out there, I've even thought abt......... Crossfit [emoji]128532[/emoji] lol. Time to think

Ive been working on my stretching and depth. Its a difficult thing sometimes for people with tight hips like me. I can finally atleast get my legs bend to 90 degrees when i drop. But sometimes lower depending on weight. Still working on it but im much better now than i was 2-3 years ago

If you have mobility issues and can't squat to proper depth, you shouldn't be squatting till you can hit that depth.

Are they needed for powerlifting? No. But can they help and is there a difference? Depending on who you are and yes.
I need em for olympic lifting though.

Last 3 weeks my workouts have sucked for the most part, no programming no recording barely any motivation. I'll have one good day out of the week and the rest will be ehh. I'm sleeping a lot, 8+ hours and my nutrition has Ben abt a 7.5 out of 10. I think it's just the environment im in plus the fact that I'm not training for anything. I'm not ready for a weightlifting competition but I've been contemplating jumping back in physique, I know I could kill some of those dudes out there, I've even thought abt......... Crossfit [emoji]128532[/emoji] lol. Time to think
Come to the dark side. We'll embrace you 
laugh.gif

I noticed a big difference once i started using oly shoes for lifting. Should have got them a while ago to begin with. Now i'm trying to figure out when to use a belt.

If you have mobility issues and can't squat to proper depth, you shouldn't be squatting till you can hit that depth.

so not squatting at all is better than squatting with what range of motion you can and doing other mobility work?

i've never heard this before.

so not squatting at all is better than squatting with what range of motion you can and doing other mobility work?

Paging @Durden7

Edit: if you can't properly perform an exercise, you shouldn't do it.

With the squat example here, it's very situational dependent. If you can't hit proper depth, and you're adding weight, you're not getting the full benefit of the exercise and you have to be at a higher risk for injury.

Last edited:

Paging @Durden7

Ty.. (I'm asking because I have pretty crappy hip mobility myself and i can hit parallel but not much lower)

In the mean time.

What do you recommend to improve my ability to go deeper without actually squatting?

Ty.. (I'm asking because I have pretty crappy hip mobility myself and i can hit parallel but not much lower)

In the mean time.

What do you recommend to improve my ability to go deeper without actually squatting?

It depends what's limiting your mobility. Your hips are the problem?

Squatting can/does help your squat mobility, but like I said, it depends how bad your form actually is and what weight you're pushing.

In the mean time.

It depends what's limiting your mobility. Your hips are the problem?

Squatting can/does help your squat mobility, but like I said, it depends how bad your form actually is and what weight you're pushing.

I'm a noob when it comes to squatting.

Also, I think my ankles are part of the problem as well.

I am only pushing 135 - 205. For a long time i've had a mental issue with going heavy of squats. I've always just ignored it until the past couple weeks.

Although when I use the hacksquat machine, I am able to go all the way down until the machine stops moving... I've always thought that was weird :nerd:

In the mean time.

mobility work first and foremost... but I'd do:

- Rear foot elevated split squats (weighted)
-goblet squats (remain upright throughout)
-landmine squats

Then progress to box squats.

You can.

Just because youre not hitting butt to the ground depth doesnt mean youre not working the area youre suppose to be working.
My form is good. Just I've never been flexible. I still feel the exercise in the proper places.
You can also only get better at something with practice. Im not going to be able to drop below parallel in a day/week/month.

My legs are strong and i do plenty of other leg exercises. Just squat is something i want to get better at. Cant do that without doing it

Last edited:
So yohimbine is interesting.

Took half a sample of 1MR and have way too much energy than I know what to do with. I want to bone every chick in yoga pants.

Back
Top Bottom