STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Did you get the stiff or flexible SBDs? I got the 1m stiff ones and they are awesome but I don't think guys in here would like them.

Any of yall watch Maxx Chewning and Cheistian Guzman on YouTube?

They did a colab and Maxx's jimmies were so rustled that Guzman is so much bigger than him, despite being stronger.

They did a colab and Maxx's jimmies were so rustled that Guzman is so much bigger than him, despite being stronger.

Maxx don't eem train for hypertrophy doe.

He needs to keep his jimmies at bay.

I'm thinking abt buying some Strengthwraps, anybody use these?

I use PR wraps which are identical to strengthwraps. I like them as you can adjust them quickly mid workout (WOD). Have tried SBD ones before but they were a bit too beefy for my liking.

They both sounded like idiots the entire time. Its always the tiny dudes trying to justify their lifts with the bodyweight ratio.

Also theres no way CG can bench 325 like he claimed in the most recent video.

They both sounded like idiots the entire time. Its always the tiny dudes trying to justify their lifts with the bodyweight ratio.

Also theres no way CG can bench 325 like he claimed in the most recent video.

What is wrong with a body weight ratio?

Weighing more def makes your squat, bench, and military press easier.

Edit: and why don't you think he can hit a 325?

Last edited:
What is wrong with a body weight ratio?

Weighing more def makes your squat, bench, and military press easier.

Edit: and why don't you think he can hit a 325?
Its annoying when guys like them use it to justify their lifts. Absolute strength is more impressive to me then relative. Ex. benching 500 at 250 will always be more impressive then benching 300 at 150. 

Weighing more does not make any of your lifts easier, especially squat and DL. The only lift directly correlated with bodyweight would be bench, super heavyweight guys actually struggle with DL because of their gut. 

He barely hit 285x2 in that vid right? He'd be lucky to hit 305, he has horrible form as well.

You should go lift at his gym and report back lol

Last edited:
Its annoying when guys like them use it to justify their lifts. Absolute strength is more impressive to me then relative. Ex. benching 500 at 250 will always be more impressive then benching 300 at 150. 

Weighing more does not make any of your lifts easier, especially squat and DL. The only lift directly correlated with bodyweight would be bench, super heavyweight guys actually struggle with DL because of their gut. 

He barely hit 285x2 in that vid right? He'd be lucky to hit 305, he has horrible form as well.

You should go lift at his gym and report back lol

I've posted it before, Guzman went to a HS in my district and he lives 10 minutes from me, but I've never seen him in person lol

His lifting partner Tim lifts at the 24 I go to. Next time I see him I'm def going to ask him about getting in a lift with them.

Edit: that Guzman's sixth set of 2.

Last edited:
Ill always be more impressed by relative strength than absolute strength.

Its a more level playing field.

ive always heard the more you weigh, the easier it is for your body to stabilize the weight, thus making it easier to lift. There was a t-nation article explaining how it helps on bench and squat, but not deadlift. I'm on a mobile, so I'm not searching for it at the moment.

I can see why you're more impressed with absolute strength, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, don't just dismiss relative strength. That's why there are weight classes in power lifting, Mma, boxing and so on. Some people aren't blessed with the genetics of being 6'+ and a lean 200+. Don't knock on the people who are just maximizing the crap hand they've been dealt lol

Thats a poor example of relative strength ratios too. Theyre both the same relative strength levels, so obviously the higher absolute will be more impressive if they relative numbers are the same.

A 150 lber pulling 350 is more impressive to me than a 300 lber pulling 600.

Anthropometrics and limb lengths play a large too so in reality its all meaningless because you can justify whats "better" in any way you want.

ive always heard the more you weigh, the easier it is for your body to stabilize the weight, thus making it easier to lift. There was a t-nation article explaining how it helps on bench and squat, but not deadlift. I'm on a mobile, so I'm not searching for it at the moment.

I can see why you're more impressed with absolute strength, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, don't just dismiss relative strength. That's why there are weight classes in power lifting, Mma, boxing and so on. Some people aren't blessed with the genetics of being 6'+ and a lean 200+. Don't knock on the people who are just maximizing the crap hand they've been dealt lol
I wasn't dismissing it at all, its just guys like them, especially max who is open about refusing to gain weight so he just brags about his lift to bw ratio. Those guys are dumb enough to think that weighing more automatically discredits anything you do.

I know why PL has weight classes. Im the opposite of 6'+ and lean so I don't know why you think Im knocking on anyone lol 

I wasn't calling out anyone in here unlike some people try to do with me, some of them YTers just rustle a jimmie or 2 of mine. 

Last edited:
Thats a poor example of relative strength ratios too. Theyre both the same relative strength levels, so obviously the higher absolute will be more impressive if they relative numbers are the same.

A 150 lber pulling 350 is more impressive to me than a 300 lber pulling 600.

Anthropometrics and limb lengths play a large too so in reality its all meaningless because you can justify whats "better" in any way you want.
I don't think it was a poor example doctor. Your example is poor MFer, especially using the DL as as example then saying limb length plays a role. Limb length plays the biggest role in DL, that 150lb dude could have arms down to his shins lol

Don't nobody give a fuq about limb lengths lol Its just an excuse. 

More weight is always more impressive. 

Last edited:
Both relative and absolute strength is impressive.

Yea you can always gain weight to increase strength but there's a definite cap on how much weight a person can gain.

Last edited:
Little Goku catching a big fish vs Big Goku catching a big fish.

Little Goku is more impressive.

Edit- The Big Fish (that same big fish they've been catching for decades).

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,
Some know me on here and some from ig (deadlifts_and_nikes) but I wanted to share something. I'm starting in on a project called "Lifter Helping Lifters" where I do what the names says, help any lifter best I can with their issues in order to see their progress and growth quicker then they would otherwise. This includes advice, seminars, giveaways, etc All free of charge.

So if you can give a follow that would be awesome but even more so if I can help you please feel free to post on the page and I'll get something up for you. Thanks for taking the time guys.

Instagram.com/lifters_helping_lifters

Little Goku catching a big fish vs Big Goku catching a big fish.

Little Goku is more impressive.

still relative though.

a big fish is little goku could potentially be a small fish for big goku. a big fish for big goku could be a humongous fish for little goku.

I've chopped it up with christian guzman and nikki a bunch of times in person...chris isn't big. has a decent size, but he isn't big by any means, so maxx has to be small.

and nikki..even with her old face..:evil:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom