STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yeah back squats just don't make sense when you think about it. Have the weight BEHIND you, but try to keep it on top of you using your neck and doing all kids of jackassery with your lower back?

Yeah front squats actually do keep the weight in front of you and on a safer part of you(your shoulders). Once you get over that admittedly high hurdle of learning te front rack, that's it. You're in the clear. the back squat has smaller hurdles to over come, but it's too many. Let's start a revolution...

Also yeah wish I posted more gym stuff on the gram. Mine is just occasional ****show grams. Though I've chilled on letting people know how those go.
This sounds like your idea for removable heeled oly shoes, just turrible, word to Bark.

Not really sure how the neck is involved in back squatting. Jackassery with the lower back, i guess if your form is off?

What's under your traps? Neck. TIGHTEN THOSE TRAPS BROS

What's around your waist? A belt. KEEP THAT LOW BACK TIGHT BROS

What's on your feet? Fancy shows. UH WEAR WHATEVER OTHER LITTLE THING HELPS. THROW SOME HEMP COMPRESSION SHORTS ON.

Front squats I really don't have to do any thing other than go for it. Sans anything even. Just feels like a superior squat.

Not tryina be crass just hoping to start a convo.

It sounds like you are trying to discredit back squats somehow even though they are the KING of all lifts. They have been around since day 1 in weightlifting and are the most beneficial thing you can do with a barbell. If you don't SQUAT you don't LIFT.

It sounds like you're trying to bash equipment too, which is another foolish thing to do.

Fix that spelling as well lol

For someone who has tweaked their back a couple times doing squats, would front squats be a "safer" alternative?

If you've tweaked your back doing front squats, that means you have a core strength/form problem

Work on one or both

I hope you're not one of those people who look like they're doing a good morning hybrid when they back squat :x

Working on front squats is nice but won't fix your problem

It might also be a hamstring flexibility problem? I think some people compensate for tightness in their legs by leaning forward too much

Last edited:
As far as back squat and front squat, I think it's a preference thing

You can get really strong either way.

Obviously if you're powerlifting you gotta back squat

Weightlifters seem to mix it up. Some only bs, others only fs, others do both

Ilya is strong as **** and as far as I know he never back squats. Only does front squats.

Starting a revolution eh?

Blowing up the front squat like how the sumo deadlift blew up the past year. I still prefer conventional DLs though.

specia
It sounds like you are trying to discredit back squats somehow even though they are the KING of all lifts. They have been around since day 1 in weightlifting and are the most beneficial thing you can do with a barbell. If you don't SQUAT you don't LIFT.

It sounds like you're trying to bash equipment too, which is another foolish thing to do.

Fix that spelling as well lol

nahh doode i'm not discredit carding anything. I just tink therees sometink specialalable about being able to exeguttor a move without hella stuff, than with hella sstuff.

yah nose?

Best way to get rid of stomach fat quick? I already have a good diet going and its helped out somewhat and my upper abs look good but down at the bottom I have a pouch that I just cant get rid of and I exercise daily.

Any tips on how to get rid of the pouch, what exercises focus on that.

don't eat for like 3 weeks

#GandhiGains

Ab work outs are such a pain in the ***. it feels like such a waste to me but i gotta do em :lol:

What's under your traps? Neck. TIGHTEN THOSE TRAPS BROS

What's around your waist? A belt. KEEP THAT LOW BACK TIGHT BROS

What's on your feet? Fancy shows. UH WEAR WHATEVER OTHER LITTLE THING HELPS. THROW SOME HEMP COMPRESSION SHORTS ON.

Front squats I really don't have to do any thing other than go for it. Sans anything even. Just feels like a superior squat.

Not tryina be crass just hoping to start a convo.

Im really having a hard time figuring out what you are trying to say.

You still haven't explained how the neck prevents the bar from rolling in a back squat.

Now u brought in some other statements that are unrelated. So front squatters dont wear belts? They don't wear "fancy" shoes? They don't have to keep their lower back tight?

OH

btw how come you never followed me back on IG bruh

im hurt

srs :frown:

You never post your self..

Can't trust any one who doesn't drink and doesn't post themselves..

Im really having a hard time figuring out what you are trying to say.

You still haven't explained how the neck prevents the bar from rolling in a back squat.

Now u brought in some other statements that are unrelated. So front squatters dont wear belts? They don't wear "fancy" shoes? They don't have to keep their lower back tight?

Uh, what I'm trying to say is the front rack position is (and maybe in general just seems) easier to pull off than a back squat at heavier weight.

When the weight is literally in front of me, I can collapse into the squat position way more naturally than if the weight was literally behind me (somewhere on the top my neck area...ish).

In other words, trying to collapse into the squat position requires you to stay forward (oly shoes making that an easier task...), otherwise you could fall back (that possibility making it a little bit trickier to drop the hips, which are behind you, down). Whereas with a front squat, I can focus on staying back (making it easier for me to drop my hips low).

I really hope that makes sense. Not tryna get into anyone's passive aggressive side. Gonna get drunk in a few hours so hopefully I come back to this in a few days and someone finally agrees with me on something haha

Things fall into place easier I meant to say.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom