STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I don't know what happened, but I went from everything in my life revolving around working out and dieting, to not giving a **** these last few months.

Brb, depressed.
tired.gif

I need to get back on it.

Didnt you just start your road to being in better shape not too too long ago?

Cutting *** on newbies now? People want progress just like you. Cmon brotha. :smh:

I started last summer, but we know there's a diff between people like me and people trying to flex, if people stay more power to them but I'm gonna clown you until I see you are serious. Heck if I went to the gym for a month then quit I would want you all to clown me

Humble yourself.

Picked up the Dual Fusion Run 3 :smokin, comfortable as heck. Best shoe I got for the gym now.

Last edited:
Didnt you just start your road to being in better shape not too too long ago?

Cutting *** on newbies now? People want progress just like you. Cmon brotha. :smh:

I started last summer, but we know there's a diff between people like me and people trying to flex, if people stay more power to them but I'm gonna clown you until I see you are serious. Heck if I went to the gym for a month then quit I would want you all to clown me

And people wonder why 2/3rds of our country is obese and why something like 60% of people give up exercising within 6 months. Its that elitist, holier than thou, stuck up attitude gym goers have, and based upon whats been said in here the past few days the reputation is well deserved.

What the hell happened to encouragement? Now people who want to start exercising are looked down upon because youre not used to there being more people at a gym or someones using a piece of equipment wrong? Did the thought ever occur to anyone that maybe, just maybe theyve never been instructed on how to do something. So instead of *****ing about them, how about giving some advice or helping them out. Maybe theyll learn something and be more likely to stick with it instead of walking in, looking around clueless and then leaving disappointed.

People in this thread are real quick to give positive words of motivation if someone else is "looking jacked" but when it comes to the people who truly need the support you clown them. Thats ****** up, seriously.

Clowing someone for trying to be more active. ****. :smh:

And people wonder why 2/3rds of our country is obese and why something like 60% of people give up exercising within 6 months. Its that elitist, holier than thou, stuck up attitude gym goers have, and based upon whats been said in here the past few days the reputation is well deserved.
What the hell happened to encouragement? Now people who want to start exercising are looked down upon because youre not used to there being more people at a gym or someones using a piece of equipment wrong? Did the thought ever occur to anyone that maybe, just maybe theyve never been instructed on how to do something. So instead of *****ing about them, how about giving some advice or helping them out. Maybe theyll learn something and be more likely to stick with it instead of walking in, looking around clueless and then leaving disappointed.
People in this thread are real quick to give positive words of motivation if someone else is "looking jacked" but when it comes to the people who truly need the support you clown them. Thats ****** up, seriously.

Bruh I`m not gonna say congrats to dude that was in the gym today cleaning his kicks after every set. Like I said I`m proud of the people who will be there and stick it out, the people who are just wandering around the gym going through the motions are in my way.

Gym was like a ghost town today at 4 p.m. Killed back and biceps 
pimp.gif

Had some newcomers come play ball tonight, can't complain about that, always need more people to get some quality runs in.

Just take a deep breath Lucky, you ain't in any place to clown on nobody, esp since you come in here talking about not sticking to your cut. Everyone has to start somewhere, getting in shape and making a lifestyle change is one of the hardest things anyone can try to do.

Did you know your way around the gym the FIRST TIME you ever went in? I don't think so, step back doggie.  

Last edited:

Bruh I`m not gonna say congrats to dude that was in the gym today cleaning his kicks after every set. Like I said I`m proud of the people who will be there and stick it out, the people who are just wandering around the gym going through the motions are in my way.

And how do you know theyre just going through the motions? Have you talked to them?

Who cares if someone cleans their shoes after every set? How is that different than the people to look at their phones, talk to a friend, flex in the mirror, walk around, watch tv, listen to music, or read something?

Why are YOU so important that theyre getting in your way? You lost a lot of weight, congratulations, but that doesnt mean youre any more important than any other person in that place at that moment. Like I said, maybe they just need guidance and its clear youre not one they should approach.

Where would you be if every time you posted in here since day 1 someone replied back with "Get lost, youre not serious about this, youre wasting all of our times"? You didnt get to where youre at without other people being positive towards you so do everyone a favor and pass it along. :smh:

Gym was like a ghost town today at 4 p.m. Killed back and biceps :pimp:

Had some newcomers come play ball tonight, can't complain about that, always need more people to get some quality runs in.

Just take a deep breath Lucky, you ain't in any place to clown on nobody, esp since you come in here talking about not sticking to your cut. Everyone has to start somewhere, getting in shape and making a lifestyle change is one of the hardest things anyone can try to do.

Did you know your way around the gym the FIRST TIME you ever went in? I don't think so, step back doggie.  

I actually did know my way the first time in there, because I had a weight conditioning coach in HS for football 8)

lol and I said I ate like crap a few days, but my butt was still in the gym first person in last person out everyday, why weren't these people in there with me if they were so big on wanting to improve themselves. I hate resolutions, unless something like work or kids or something you cant control is stopping you from making something happen, MAKE IT HAPPEN. dont be like in Nov "mane I'm eating all this crap but ima go hard Jan 1"

And how do you know theyre just going through the motions? Have you talked to them?
Who cares if someone cleans their shoes after every set? How is that different than the people to look at their phones, talk to a friend, flex in the mirror, walk around, watch tv, listen to music, or read something?
Why are YOU so important that theyre getting in your way? You lost a lot of weight, congratulations, but that doesnt mean youre any more important than any other person in that place at that moment. Like I said, maybe they just need guidance and its clear youre not one they should approach.
Where would you be if every time you posted in here since day 1 someone replied back with "Get lost, youre not serious about this, youre wasting all of our times"? You didnt get to where youre at without other people being positive towards you so do everyone a favor and pass it along. :smh:

bro if someone is just on their phone texting then cleaning their kicks on a machine you wanna use for like 10 min then when you ask "aye you done?" and they reply "naw bro" how is that person not in my way? they are no diff than the people who do curls on the squat rack that people complain about.

I mean, yes they are in the wrong for texting while sitting or whatever, but ive never encountered a person who woudnt move if you asked politely.

You think your entitled to something or "deserve" to be in the gym more than the next person just cause youve been there for a bit.
mean.gif

You dont earn your place at the gym, there is no "place" to earn.

I actually did know my way the first time in there, because I had a weight conditioning coach in HS for football
glasses.gif

lol and I said I ate like crap a few days, but my butt was still in the gym first person in last person out everyday, why weren't these people in there with me if they were so big on wanting to improve themselves. I hate resolutions, unless something like work or kids or something you cant control is stopping you from making something happen, MAKE IT HAPPEN. dont be like in Nov "mane I'm eating all this crap but ima go hard Jan 1"
Aight bro since you know so much and since its all about making it happen and you know what your doing, how the hell you ever get to be over 300 pounds fam? Whats the difference between the first date you decided to make a change for the better and the date these people decided to? because it's Jan 1st it makes a difference? **** outta here boy, I sense that you are the type that called people fat when you in fact are.

Aight bro since you know so much and since its all about making it happen and you know what your doing, how the hell you ever get to be over 300 pounds fam? Whats the difference between the first date you decided to make a change for the better and the date these people decided to? because it's Jan 1st it makes a difference? **** outta here boy, I sense that you are the type that called people fat when you in fact are.

Idk where y'all from but we don't give hero cookies to everyone who says they are going to do something like I said I'm not giving props to someone who is gonna workout for a week then vanish. If I can do it anyone can so why should I feel sorry for someone who isn't serious about getting fit? What are you talking about son you not even making sense.

Went ham in the gym today...It was packed. I found me an area and worked the heck out them dumb bells.  

Back sore

Biceps sore

Shoulder/Chest is not that sore

Great workout.

2013, I need to focus on my diet.  I'm slipping.

On another note, knees starting to hurt after running.
mean.gif

Ran a 9:08 mile today and if I didnt take my minute and a half warm up and went straight to running, im sure I coudve cut maybe 30-40 seconds off. Im going to try to warm up for 2 minutes and go for a 8 or 8:30 mile tomorrow, then a moderate 5.5-6 pace for another mile after. But boy, I feel old now with my knees slightly hurting. Doesnt help that I played ball after.

Fish oil should help? I havent been taking multi's the past few weeks, ran out and been too lazy to get a new bottle. Will go tomorrow.

Idk where y'all from but we don't give hero cookies to everyone who says they are going to do something like I said I'm not giving props to someone who is gonna workout for a week then vanish. If I can do it anyone can so why should I feel sorry for someone who isn't serious about getting fit? What are you talking about son you not even making sense.
Man don't nobody want your "props" you ain't no professional bodybuilder or anything, and no one wants your pity either. I am actually making perfect sense, your just mad your favorite treadmill was in use and that person might have just started coming to the gym today. Take your *** outside and run, that where the real men go. I'm done going back and forth with you though, you should want people to be in there at the end of the day, we're all in this together.

I mostly just lurk and ask a question in here from time to time, but...

Lucky... Smh... Just stop ... Srs

Man don't nobody want your "props" you ain't no professional bodybuilder or anything, and no one wants your pity either. I am actually making perfect sense, your just mad your favorite treadmill was in use and that person might have just started coming to the gym today. Take your *** outside and run, that where the real men go. I'm done going back and forth with you though, you should want people to be in there at the end of the day, we're all in this together.
THIS!

Everybody pays to come to a publicly available gym, and unless they are stretching the rules or endangering others you can't get mad...all you can do is go during off peak hours. As much as it is bad etiquette to hog machines it is just as bad to make fun of newbies at the gym. If you are so hardcore about the gym there are a myriad of 'powerhouse' gyms with serious lifters you can go to as well.

On another note, knees starting to hurt after running.
mean.gif

Ran a 9:08 mile today and if I didnt take my minute and a half warm up and went straight to running, im sure I coudve cut maybe 30-40 seconds off. Im going to try to warm up for 2 minutes and go for a 8 or 8:30 mile tomorrow, then a moderate 5.5-6 pace for another mile after. But boy, I feel old now with my knees slightly hurting. Doesnt help that I played ball after.

Fish oil should help? I havent been taking multi's the past few weeks, ran out and been too lazy to get a new bottle. Will go tomorrow.

Everyone has to start somewhere, if they bug you throw some headphones on and do some body weight exercises... seriously.

Anyway, felt like **** this morning, gym wasn't packed. Was going to do cardio and weights, powered through 30 minutes of cardio... but tummy rumbles kicked in :smh:... bounced.

new years lifters everywhere. Walk in with my friend to fat people in matching under armour and nike lol... Some lady was on the tredmill at like .1 pace drinking a large drink from mcdonalds. I had dudes using the bench seat for these insane exercises ive never seen before

On my way to gym. Hope it's a little packed. Not to the point where it's musty though. I like staring at bootys on my rests.. 0_0
Didn't have any REAL meals today after the pancake fiasco.

iLLest!

lol you still sticking to calling em "pancakes"
there were some new cute chicks in the gym tonight, can't complain about that. nothing like in gym motivation :pimp:

I actually did know my way the first time in there, because I had a weight conditioning coach in HS for football 8)

-not everyone had a weight conditioning coach in HS.
-it's already hard for people to make this change, and people like you that are unwelcoming, make it harder for them. Whats the point?
-if this was easy, everyone would be fit.
-like dude said above, humble yourself.

like I said nobody is saying dont go to the gym, I just said dont waste everyones space if you are going and your heart isnt in it. I stand by what I say. Screw being humble.

Back
Top Bottom