STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hey all. Hoping for some feedback -

What's the consensus on FitBit? My mom asked if it would be a good Christmas gift for her to get my girlfriend. She takes spin classes 3x a week and hits the gym floor the other days. Nothing extensive. If it's worth buying, which would you recommend? I see there are a few models.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light!

Last edited:
I got the Fitbit charge hr. The second best one. Has actual numbers and the time. Tells me all kinds of fun ****.

The app is cool. More of a way to relativize my calories burned and what I eat. Even if it's. It hyper accurate it gives me something to work with. Nice to know heart rate and such.

Over all it's fun a gadget I use it as a clock and timer for classes I teach so it's functional just off that.

I only do variations of clean and jerks, snatches, and squats these days. I don't bench. I don't do pushups. So I don't know why it looks like my chest is getting bigger :lol:

Last edited:
Hey all. Hoping for some feedback -

What's the consensus on FitBit? My mom asked if it would be a good Christmas gift for her to get my girlfriend. She takes spin classes 3x a week and hits the gym floor the other days. Nothing extensive. If it's worth buying, which would you recommend? I see there are a few models.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light!
okay for cardio

massively overestimates caloric expenditure with weightlifting

What do BCAAs even do? Everytime i see them brought up in here everybody acts like they are useless

why are you taking the BCAA along with the protein shake? please don't tell me it's to get to your muscles quickly and help with recovery.
Yes, so it will reduce muscle fatigue.  I take it after my class wod while I am resting. I don't take the protein shake until after I complete my training as a whole.

I train for 2-3 hours in one setting. Class WOD (Strength/Condition & WOD), Oly Traning, then WOD training.

just the protein shake is fine. adding the aminos is just being redundant.

http://examine.com/supplements/branched-chain-amino-acids/

BCAAs are important to ingest on a daily basis, but many protein sources, such as meat and eggs, already provide BCAAS. Supplementation is unnecessary for people with a sufficiently high protein intake (1-1.5g/kg a day or more).

I only use them during a fast, usually before a workout.

In regards to the anti-fatigue effects, it is highly plausible that this will only apply to untrained or lightly trained persons doing prolonged exercise.

taking the aminos intraworkout for those long workouts sounds feasible though.

Last edited:
From their website :nerd:

SHREDZ ATHLETES
#TEAMSHREDZ is comprised of carefully selected individuals who embody the characteristics of true leaders within various areas of the fitness industry and within the overall community. Membership in this elite group is rightfully earned by various professional athletes, published cover models, academic scholars, community activists, and extraordinary individuals who go beyond expectations and are recognized as true champions.

SHREDZ Athlete
Joey Swoll

Paige Hathaway

Devin Physique

Ainsley Rodriguez

Tristen Esco

Jessica Arevalo

Jonathan Coyle

Nikki Leonard

Alex Turner

Brittany Coutu

Brandon Michael

Chris White

SHREDZ AMBASSADORS

DOLLY CASTRO

CALLY BREAUX

Chantel Zales

ANA CHERI

PAMELA REIF

LACI KAY

ELLIE GONSALVES

i swear there has to be more than that, serious ill check website

good looks though thanks

Last edited:
Got my elf
nthat.gif

Thanks for the quick feedback guys.

stuntman mike stuntman mike and picasso swerve picasso swerve , have either of you tried the Grid X? I was reading up on the original Grid and some people were saying it isn't firm enough so that lead me to finding the Grid X which is supposedly twice as firm.

What kind of deals can I expect from LA Fitness on January 1st? I need a new gym but figured I would wait until they start throwing the "Resolutioner' deals out there.

anyone use the 10:1:1 Bcaa,
almost bought some of PES but heard MP taste much better.
Yes I take BCAA's since my calories are low and I usually do fasted cardio.

I bought some mcdavid knee sleeve for 15 a pop. Gets the job done and then some.
Hit the 110s on seated shoulder press tonight, them ******* were heavy :lol:

geezus, i think most ive done was 80's Did them once and thought to myself F it, never again haha

Back
Top Bottom