STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

geezus, i think most ive done was 80's Did them once and thought to myself F it, never again haha
That and OHP are the 2 toughest things to make progress with in my opinion. 

The hardest part is getting them mother *****s up 
laugh.gif

anyone use the 10:1:1 Bcaa,
almost bought some of PES but heard MP taste much better.
Yes I take BCAA's since my calories are low and I usually do fasted cardio.

geezus, i think most ive done was 80's Did them once and thought to myself F it, never again haha

Word, think the most ive done was 75's although im fairly sure I can hit 80-85 now, I do need a spot on the up though.

lifts like that I wish I had a partner.
that and decline dumbbell you need someone helping you

I just don't like heavy *** Dumbbells. I'm not trying to kick them up. I just like to lift them normally. Trying to build it up naturally vs have a spot.

Last edited:
always scared imma rip my rotator cuff or something when i try to use heavier dumbells.

looks like we have the regular grid foam roller at home. feels soft to touch but it's another story when rolling out tender muscles.

Smith machine is good if you want to go hard on your shoulders with no worries of that. That's all I ever use it for.

DB work keeps you even and honest though.

saw a kid benching the other day. looking at his left arm while it went up and it was tilting.. i told him just get comfortable with lighter weight and work on DB work..
was I wrong for telling him that?

Yeah for sure. I do a lot of it. It's just all low weight. I only lift heavy on bench, leg press and deadlift. By heavy I mean over my body weight. Deadlift is coming along real quick, gonna have to switch my grip up soon.

Anyone try UFC gym in NYC? My friend told me its like a regular gym + obviously MMA/boxing stuff. I have a 4 day pass to use. Will let yall know how it is but wondering if anyone ever tried it out. I like the idea of boxing/mma class as cardio after a workout.

U in Atlanta? Where were u before?
Yes. Crossfit Downtown Atlanta.

The original place was literally next door to my place. The place was huge and I fell in love with the oly room. The oly room was the size of my loft  ALONE (1,800 sq ft).  The actually crossfit gym was about 2300 sq ft.

They moved this week and downsize to 1/3 of the place combined. Hardly anywhere for me to lift.  The place is clutter and I am paying $155 for 3x classes plus OLY training/Gymnastic/Yoga.

Crossfit Terminus is charging $165 unlimited access; roomy and updated gym.  Also, their teams been to the GAMES. Their "Squat Mafia" program looks solid.

I am going to take a look at the place tomorrow.

Last edited:
My buddy just joined the UFC Gym here in my area, says he loves it so far. Might try it out. Prices are up there though 
sick.gif

Crossfit expensive? Like $300 a month type of money?
UFC and Crossfit two different gyms.. But the most I've seen is $185 a month for Crossfit gyms. You have to take into consideration locations and demands.  Georgia  is the capital of Crossfit. There's more crossfire gyms in Georgia than any state in America.

I can't speak on UFC gym but I heard they're pricey too.

i visited/toured a UFC gym before it def isnt 300 a month from what i recall

a PT in rehab told me to look into Yoga down the road lol she was legit serious too

Last edited:
i visited/toured a UFC gym before it def isnt 300 a month from what i recall

a PT in rehab told me to look into Yoga down the road lol she was legit serious too
This is from a website:
[table][tr][th=""]MEMBERSHIP TYPE[/th][th=""]PRICE[/th][/tr][tr][td][h2]MONTHLY[/h2][/td][/tr][tr][td][h4]SINGLE[/h4][/td][/tr][tr][td]Initiation Fee[/td][td]$199.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]Monthly Fee[/td][td]$79.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cancellation Fee[/td][td]$0.00[/td][/tr][tr][td][h4]DUAL (TWO ADULTS)[/h4][/td][/tr][tr][td]Initiation Fee[/td][td]$399.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]Monthly Fee[/td][td]$149.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cancellation Fee[/td][td]$0.00[/td][/tr][tr][td][h2]ANNUALLY[/h2][/td][/tr][tr][td][h4]SINGLE[/h4][/td][/tr][tr][td]Initiation Fee[/td][td]$199.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]Monthly Fee[/td][td]$839.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cancellation Fee[/td][td]$0.00[/td][/tr][tr][td][h4]DUAL (TWO ADULTS)[/h4][/td][/tr][tr][td]Initiation Fee[/td][td]$399.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]Monthly Fee[/td][td]$1559.99[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cancellation Fee[/td][td]$0.00[/td][/tr][/table]

i liked the UFC gym in hawaii but to take the classes, you have to get the deluxe membership and that's about $80+ month. gym was nice. oly platform. turf with tires, prowler, battle ropes etc. i used to go with friends to watch the fights for free on fight nights. parking here sucked.

U in Atlanta? Where were u before?

Yes. Crossfit Downtown Atlanta.

The original place was literally next door to my place. The place was huge and I fell in love with the oly room. The oly room was the size of my loft  ALONE (1,800 sq ft).  The actually crossfit gym was about 2300 sq ft.

They moved this week and downsize to 1/3 of the place combined. Hardly anywhere for me to lift.  The place is clutter and I am paying $155 for 3x classes plus OLY training/Gymnastic/Yoga.

Crossfit Terminus is charging $165 unlimited access; roomy and updated gym.  Also, their teams been to the GAMES. Their "Squat Mafia" program looks solid.

I am going to take a look at the place tomorrow.

Kinda sucks that your crossfit downsized. That's unfortunate. Sheesh. Your oly room was 1800 square feet alone..

That was the size of my first crossfit gym. The whole thing.

My newest crossfit gym is significantly bigger. I believe 10000 square feet alrogether. But, no dedicated oly rooms.

When we do oly classes, we do it on one side of this huge rig and they hold the crossfit classes on the other side.

Last edited:
i got a basic membership when i was there. was no initiation fee and about $20/ month. my homie was a membership dude.

Question

Lately I've been feeling more burn on my right arm during dumbbell curls than my left arm.

I'm right handed if that matters.

It just seems like my right arm is getting more of a workout than my left. Is it my form?

Anyone have tips for breathing "around the belt" when deadlifting?  

I started using a belt on my heavier sets and this thing is throwing me in for a loop. I feel my core and glutes arent as engaged as when I'm going beltless?  I've watched youtube videos on it but would love some more advice.

Back
Top Bottom