STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Ok, then my advice would be...isolate your arm workouts to single arm curls, rather than curling with a straight bar. I don't do do bicep curls with two dumbbells either, cause it's cheating to me (momentum swing, for some people). I like to work on one arm at a time. It's best to add a little more weight to the smaller bicep until even (it might take a few months, depending on your muscle growth). Biceps was never my issue, I got a major issue with muscle growth in my chest though :rolleyes Still a working progress for me.

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I'll try doing some seated dumbbell curls next time. I have that issue with chest, too. I do push ups, dumbbell presses, barbell presses, dumbbell flys, and it still doesn't grow fast enough. Just gotta stay with it, I guess.

Last edited:
Actually they were pre contest..about a week out..my weight then was around 210 and i had no water retention..i was around 5-6% bf..my next show is in April but i may skip it to keep tryin to get bigger and move up in category..goal weight is around 230-235 for me hopefully by the end of this year..and it is def possible to stay shredded year round..i remember NTer Dropten posted his pics in here a while ago and he was about my size..also look a few pages back and i posted pics of my workout partner/co-trainer...dude is around 285-290 lbs and keeps around 6% bf year round

Lurkin always trying to 1up someone. In his head there's no way you can look like xxxx without juicing.
There's so many natural competitive bbers with super low body fat and great genetics that blow other bbers conditioning out the water.

Lurkin always trying to 1up someone. In his head there's no way you can look like xxxx without juicing.
There's so many natural competitive bbers with super low body fat and great genetics that blow other bbers conditioning out the water.
Qft

BROS! as i'm typing this i'm damn near tears. :frown: went in today HYPE as hell for chest...warmed up with some flys. get on bench. 2 warm ups of 135... went for 275 hit 4. from there my left rotator cuff felt like you were twisting a rope so ******g tight. hit 225 x 10. i couldn't bear the pain. i was gonna keep going but my friend didn't let me. we went to do abs.... i think i might be facing a serious injury.............

also. yes, i'll admit. i STILL think about DAULYS response to my picture telling me that i look like i have a gut but just suck in my fat. i have been using that as SEVERE motivation. i'm damn near psycho and beast moding everything i do. so i took new pics today. 3rd day of IF diet. mind you, this picture was taken at NIGHT, so all water consumption and food is present. (i'm sure you know.) but i will keep posting pics and keep grindin until, A) i'm content. B) DAULY changes his mind. nothing wrong with friendly motivation. btw thanks for posting your pics club as requested. lookin nice!

BEAR IN MIND! i'm not an experienced poser. so cut me some slack.

HONEST OPINIONS WELCOME!

iLLest!
Arms looking good. My critique would be to add some width

Good job Matt! I've always wanted to follow a legit cfb program workout program like Alabama or Florida. No romo but those players be aesthetic as hell

My #1 gym pet peeve is groups of friends working out but all they do is huddle around one station and take forever getting done. Staring at girls knowing damn well the girls not lookin back haha
Word...this kills me especially this time of season where the resolution goons in there hogging the racks and benches 
mean.gif
 Cant wait til the end of the month when they all disappear.

Ok, then my advice would be...isolate your arm workouts to single arm curls, rather than curling with a straight bar. I don't do do bicep curls with two dumbbells either, cause it's cheating to me (momentum swing, for some people). I like to work on one arm at a time. It's best to add a little more weight to the smaller bicep until even (it might take a few months, depending on your muscle growth). Biceps was never my issue, I got a major issue with muscle growth in my chest though
eyes.gif
Still a working progress for me.
QFT

All my bicep workouts are done one arm at a time, I don't care how much weight I use I just want the best pump possible. Squeeze and contract....squeeze and contract...

Love this video:

I download some motivational videos on youtube to MP3 and usually listen to it on my walk to the gym. Any of you got any video's ya'll personally like to get yourself psyched up?

I like this vid because there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do what she's doing. :smh: And I like the song.

Love this video:

I download some motivational videos on youtube to MP3 and usually listen to it on my walk to the gym. Any of you got any video's ya'll personally like to get yourself psyched up?
Pt. 2 is pretty good as well.

Going to finish this week off strong, dial it back next week to give my body a break, and then switch to a cut.  Get my mind right to try and train with my boys doing some MMA come spring time.  Feel like I'm pretty much maxed out at this point, I've gotten the gains I've wanted to get, especially in the lower body.  Time to get the BF as low as possible, as well as improving the cardio.  Hopefully cut 10 lbs of BF.  Anything more would be a bonus, don't want to look unhealthy tho lol.  Going to have to stock up on food big time so that I stay strict to the meal plan.  More sleep will be a must.  Next week will be good.  My body is definitely telling me that I need to take it easy.  Time to listen.  Maybe get a massage or two, soak in epsom salt.

Anyone buy the ON whey isolate at Costco? They have a coupon for $12 off. I don't know if I should get it at all since I just bought another tub of the ON Gold...

Anyone buy the ON whey isolate at Costco? They have a coupon for $12 off. I don't know if I should get it at all since I just bought another tub of the ON Gold...

Idk about the coupon but It usually costs 50 bucks but it was on sale for 40 the other day!

Fellas, it will be close to 70 here in DC. I know it will be similar to other cities on the East. RIDE YOUR BIKES THIS WEEKEND. Get outside and enjoy Nature man.

Lucky, EAT SOME VEGGIES MAN!

Can someone recommend me a pre workout supple with no Creatine!

I was going to order more Amino Energy but i figure maybe ill try something new

I mean yall dudes just be asking for supplement referrals too much. I really hope all of these supplements aren't causing long term damage. We wouldn't know since they are so new. I just couldn't.........

Back
Top Bottom