STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Joint got wheeezzing bruhs!

GOT DAMB!

Did 11 reps + 12

Last edited:
yea i'm hitting calves and forearms twice a week. i enjoy working them, especially once you start seeing progress. in fact those two are actually what i have on the agenda today. half hour of calves, half hour of forearms. chest still sore from yesterday, back still sore from the day before lol. love this feeling.
+1

That feeling>sex?

Just came back from destroying shoulders. I like working out alone when I do muscles that I don't need a spot for. I feel like I get a better workout because I rest less.Just ate chicken breast, a shake, and dome carrots and hummus, now it's time for work :pimp:

Mannn. On EVERYTHING I work out my legs, and HARD.. But as stated in a previous post, I'm EMBERRASSED of my calves! So bad! To the point I don't want to wear shorts anymore. They see no gainnnnnns! It offsets my look soooo heavily. Grrrrr.
Run more.

Tens of thousands of strides a week >>>>>>>>> any calf workout you'll ever do
I'm convinced it has a lot to do with genes more than anything else. I've been working hard on my calves since high school. Now mind you, I've been playing basketball my whole life and played college ball too. Despite having worked out my calves during our mandatory workouts my calves have hardly grown. I'm talking literally YEARS of running everyday and leg workouts . I'm not saying they aren't stronger because they definitely are. But as far as size goes, they should be a lot bigger by now lmao smh. My brother and I joke about all the work we put into our calves and how they haven't grown. He played college ball too. The struggle!

Last edited:
+1
That feeling>sex?

guys who say things like this are on

220lbs? you say with shredded legs like that? that aint these newb NTrs who swear by gold standard whey eatin light chicken wraps and fish oil.

theres a reason i just lurk this thread now. but its great to see the support of other ntrs tryna stay fit. i stay out now.

what are you runnin?, PM me if you dont want it posted here. im on just about every bb forum you can think of.

Last edited:
Just ordered Les Mills COMBAT by BeachBody. Anybody ever try it? They recommended it to me since I already did Insanity.

Anyone here use tights?

Been having some knee pain and was wondering If a pair would help for cardio type exercises

At my local tj maxx and wanna pull on the under armor pair

Mannn. On EVERYTHING I work out my legs, and HARD.. But as stated in a previous post, I'm EMBERRASSED of my calves! So bad! To the point I don't want to wear shorts anymore. They see no gainnnnnns! It offsets my look soooo heavily. Grrrrr.
Run more.

Tens of thousands of strides a week >>>>>>>>> any calf workout you'll ever do
I'm convinced it has a lot to do with genes more than anything else. I've been working hard on my calves since high school. Now mind you, I've been playing basketball my whole life and played college ball too. Despite having worked out my calves during our mandatory workouts my calves have hardly grown. I'm talking literally YEARS of running everyday and leg workouts . I'm not saying they aren't stronger because they definitely are. But as far as size goes, they should be a lot bigger by now lmao smh. My brother and I joke about all the work we put into our calves and how they haven't grown. He played college ball too. The struggle!

maybe you just havent been working them correctly? the calve muscle even at rest is an extremely conditioned muscle through walking and balance all day. They must be overloaded. Most people that say theirs don't grow, and they don't have a muscle eating virus like necrotizing faciitis, really just dont work them enough to bring about any reason for growth. You're in charge of your body. It will do what you tell it to do. Sometimes it's hardheaded, but ultimately your will must be imposed to achieve what you want. Sure genetics play a part, but as long as you dont have any internal deficiencies, you should have a pretty decent scale of potential growth. They may not grow into the shape you want, muscle fiber connectors are solely genetic, but the ability to grow is there, it just has to be tapped into efficiently.

Last edited:
+1
That feeling>sex?

220lbs? you say with shredded legs like that? that aint these newb NTrs who swear by gold standard whey eatin light chicken wraps and fish oil.

theres a reason i just lurk this thread now. but its great to see the support of other ntrs tryna stay fit. i stay out now.

what are you runnin?, PM me if you dont want it posted here. im on just about every bb forum you can think of.
LOL @ you hatin..imma personal trainer and been liftin since i was 15 and competed in my 1st show in November..dont hate on the next man and say hes juicin because hes bigger and more shredded then u r..use that as motivation..the point of this thread is to post your progress, ask ?s and be a positive influence..if u need any insight on training pm me and let me know..always glad to help

the homie chris jones speaks on how genetic can affect your calves. I'm a firm believer that great looking calves are greatly determined by genetics. I've had huge, muscular calves since I was a teenager(same with my dad and bro). My parents passed down great genetics for bbing. :smokin
[]

Last edited:
+1

That feeling>sex?

LOL @ you hatin..imma personal trainer and been liftin since i was 15 and competed in my 1st show in November..dont hate on the next man and say hes juicin because hes bigger and more shredded then u r..use that as motivation..the point of this thread is to post your progress, ask ?s and be a positive influence..if u need any insight on training pm me and let me know..always glad to help

the grammer was so bad lol I didn't know what the hell he was trying to say lol.

Last edited:
the homie chris jones speaks on how genetic can affect your calves. I'm a firm believer that calves are 75% genetics. I've had huge, muscular calves since I was a teenager(same with my dad and bro). My parents passed down great genetics for bbing. :smokin
[]

i call bs on genetics.. yeah it might come easier to get bigger.. but it is all hard work and sacrifice.. nothing else...

Finally back....had a Massive setback with the shoulder. Let it healed for 3 months (no health insurance) just doing light cardio and rehabbing the shoulder which wasn't bad since I did gained weight 150 to 165. The last three weeks just been hell though since I'm upping the weighs To the point I have no pain in the shoulder when I'm lifting. Yesterday was the first day I went hard. Felt good. Sweat good. To those just started lifting: lift properly, warm up and stretch. That feeling you can't really lift because you are inured is no bueno.

Time to get shredded for the summer.

LOL @ you hatin..imma personal trainer and been liftin since i was 15 and competed in my 1st show in November..dont hate on the next man and say hes juicin because hes bigger and more shredded then u r..use that as motivation..the point of this thread is to post your progress, ask ?s and be a positive influence..if u need any insight on training pm me and let me know..always glad to help

im not hating at all. your legs look great. im not naive either. i know MANY ppl in this online and off............those could be pre contest pics but no way that is you year round.

what is your height? again i said you could pm me no need to give these regular folks on NT hope know what im sayin......

dude i dont post pics on NT but believe me i have no reason to hate dunno how long you been on NT but ive posted myself on here long ago in some male draft. its a lifestyle man.

club is a regular very active fit guy who eats good and trains good.

i know advanced when i see it. again i have no reason to hate.

i dont need insight on training at all i have nasm cert and dont even use it, again i know plenty about this stuff. from natty to advanced.

Last edited:
the homie chris jones speaks on how genetic can affect your calves. I'm a firm believer that calves are 75% genetics. I've had huge, muscular calves since I was a teenager(same with my dad and bro). My parents passed down great genetics for bbing.
smokin.gif
i call bs on genetics.. yeah it might come easier to get bigger.. but it is all hard work and sacrifice.. nothing else...
I'm saying it plays a large part. I've got friends with calves like Arnold in his prime (after he so called "figured out" his problem with dealing with small calves) that have never lifted a weight or played sports. I'd say playing ball on a college level defines hard work and sacrifice. I got handed down some serious hops from my father. I got my first dunk in the 7th grade at 5'9 before I even stepped foot in a weight room. Not one squat lol. Can't tell me genes don't play a part.

Last edited:
bought this supp from the vitamin shoppe and was thinking of putting a few drops in my gatorade while i workout because it tastes nasty drinking it straight.

Last edited:
I'm saying it plays a large part. I've got friends with calves like Arnold in his prime (after he so called "figured out" his problem with dealing with small calves) that have never lifted a weight or played sports. I'd say playing ball on a college level defines hard work and sacrifice. I got handed down some serious hops from my father. I got my first dunk in the 7th grade at 5'9 before I even stepped foot in a weight room. Can't tell me genes don't play a part.

genes might help with talent and skill.. but someone that works hard, can achieve the same amount of muscle mass as someone that doesnt do much for it.

genetics will always play a HUGE part of bodybuilding whether your a casual or a pro at the highest level. What do you think separates the top bodybuilders apart from each other? GENETICS. One of the main reasons Phil Heath beat Kai Greene was because of the ridiculous fullness of his muscle bellies. Muscle bellies, muscle insertions, genetic potential, ETC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom