STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

That preworkout stuff is all mental, I have an unfinished tub of Craze that did nothing for me, and after my Hemavol finishes I`m done with preworkouts, I said to my self I`m good on filling my body with stimulants. Not gonna fry my nervous system. you got cats who dont cycle their stim pre workouts and have to take 3-5 scoops of stuff just to get a buzz.

Might as well drink a cup of coffee and eat a banana preworkout if you need "energy"

I mean yall dudes just be asking for supplement referrals too much. I really hope all of these supplements aren't causing long term damage. We wouldn't know since they are so new. I just couldn't.........

I wonder the same thing.

I used to want to take all types of supplements but I've learned a proper nutrition takes care of everything. I'm still on the fence about creatine. I've taken the mono-hydrate and I hate the water retention that happens cause I know it doesn't last.

lol @ look at some ******* or somethin b4 you go repped

Last edited:
Did chest and shoulders today, had a good chest workout and my shoulders are stronger, gonna up the weights next workout.

Played ball right after (had my protein shake though) and won 6 games in a row. My body is all types of sore right now.
pimp.gif

Benched for the first time today in about two years.
I only did 140lbs but it's a start, I've only got 60 more lbs till I'm benching my body weight.
Do yall count the bar? I don't but everybody I've asked does, IDK it seems shady to me.

How do you guys stay motivated man? I seriously need to lose 15 pounds but just can't stay consistent at the gym. :smh: I need to get my act together. :smh: :smh:
Make sure you're not solely setting weight loss goals. Include some goals related to getting lifts to a certain weight or getting your mile down to a certain time.

Anyone hit the gym multiple times a day?

I'm about to start going in the mornings and in the evenings after class.

I forgot who said it, but the line "I aspire to be aesthetic" is pretty much my current mindset.
Can you explain how doubling up on gym sessions is really gonna help accomplish that goal?

Anyone know about Kre-Alkalyn? Pros/Cons?

I've only been taking protein for as long as I started working out (around 2 years). Wanted to try something new.

yea i'm hitting calves and forearms twice a week. i enjoy working them, especially once you start seeing progress. in fact those two are actually what i have on the agenda today. half hour of calves, half hour of forearms. chest still sore from yesterday, back still sore from the day before lol. love this feeling.
You enjoy isolating calves and forearms? I'm completely the opposite. I gave up on isolating them (and isolations in general) a while ago. I find that heavy farmers walks, deadlifts, and shrugs do wonders for my forearms and my calves are growing fine from squatting and sprinting.

Club, I wish that was the case but people always seem to be concerned bout my calves.

"Do you even lift bro?"
"Workout your legs bro."
"Sweet upper body...too bad not the same for your legs."

Mad annoying.

iLLest!
Comments like that come from insecurity and/or jealousy. Based on the pictures posted, you have a better physique than 90% of Americans, probably 95%. Sure it's good to motivate yourself based on those better than you, but don't take that too far to the extreme. Recognize what you've accomplished. You also gotta realize that the people posting in this thread and the people in the gym training properly are a self-selecting bunch. You're comparing yourself to the top 20% of America's population in terms of fitness awareness and physique.
In terms of constructive criticism on your physique - it's arm-dominated. You have very impressive arms, so your chest looks like it's lagging. I'm the opposite. I got a big chest, yoke, and upper back, but pretty small arms. Honestly, I wouldn't sweat proportions like that that much though.

What blogs do yall read? A couple of my preferred lifting blogs:
http://www.lift-run-bang.com/ Paul Carter does a really good job of cutting ******** and promoting a simple approach to training and life. It can get preachy at times, but it's very motivational and offers solid advice on programming and form.
http://70sbig.com/ Very well researched posts on interesting training related topics. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Benched for the first time today in about two years.
I only did 140lbs but it's a start, I've only got 60 more lbs till I'm benching my body weight.
Do yall count the bar? I don't but everybody I've asked does, IDK it seems shady to me.

lol of course you count it, why wouldn't you? It doesnt get 45lbs lighter just because you ignore that it's there lol.

ended up doing an hour of forearms today instead of the half hr i had planned. i was just really tuned in, and i was really feeling it. because those muscles have so much endurance, i really trained to exhaust them with reps to failure and low rest time between sets and really focusing on the full rom. definitely feeling it now. my grip is dead.

yea i'm hitting calves and forearms twice a week. i enjoy working them, especially once you start seeing progress. in fact those two are actually what i have on the agenda today. half hour of calves, half hour of forearms. chest still sore from yesterday, back still sore from the day before lol. love this feeling.
You enjoy isolating calves and forearms? I'm completely the opposite. I gave up on isolating them (and isolations in general) a while ago. I find that heavy farmers walks, deadlifts, and shrugs do wonders for my forearms and my calves are growing fine from squatting and sprinting.

yea man i love isolating the smaller bodyparts. sure they get hit on the compound exercises, but because of how much they can endure, they never fully get pushed to exhaustion to completely break them down. They need to get pounded and overloaded to truly progress.

All those things you named def work those parts, but only in the secondary sense, except for farmers walks which is primarily for grip strength.

100% whey protein is too much for my lactose intolerant stomach to handle.

you need to stick to Whey Isolates.

And ON is overated to me, decent profile but the taste sucks for what you pay. Id never buy it again unless its a great price.

Back
Top Bottom