STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Thanks for the advice bro! So lat pull downs, pull ups, dead lifts?
AWESOME post man! Thank you so much for that! REPPED!

iLLest!

Id do all 3. I have issues with width also and what worked pretty good for me is wide grip lat pull downs(behind neck and reverse grip) with strict form and heavy weight.
4-5 sets

I also had some food questions for you guys since i am trying to eat better this year get a little more definition all around. I put on 3lbs in 2012 and id like to put on 5lbs in 2013 get me around 185-190 range.

Skim milk? or 1-2%?
What do you snack on? I bring my lunch to work everyday and bring a turkey sandwich lite mayo whole wheat bread. But i need a side. Right now i use a banana and a granola bar but I want a snack....i used to to pretzels or chips but i want to replace that with something healthier any suggestions? and any granola bar suggestions?

Almonds/nuts or Almond butter with celery works pretty good trust me :lol: plus if you find it hard to get all your cals it will prob help out

A good way to get more greens would be to buy a spring mix box or just make a salad and skip the greens in the sandwich and just use the salad as your side which goes great with the sandwich

If you wanna eat more of your cals with meals just stick to fruit, good, satisfying and filling

What do you snack on? I bring my lunch to work everyday and bring a turkey sandwich lite mayo whole wheat bread. But i need a side. Right now i use a banana and a granola bar but I want a snack....i used to to pretzels or chips but i want to replace that with something healthier any suggestions? and any granola bar suggestions?

-Roasted garbanzo beans w/ olive oil, salt, cayenne
-Roasted edamame w/ olive oil, salt, pepper
-Hummus and carrots
-Garbanzo beans, beets, blue cheese, blue cheese yogurt dressing

Granola bars are generally trash.

Last edited:
-Hummus and carrots

Anything packaged is trash.

Something for y'all to try also...when I take a break from using my tube of pre-workout supplements (usually 3-4 weeks), I go on a juicing diet. Cleans out all the toxins and garbage inside your body. You feel amazing and the most clean natural feel I ever felt. I do this for about 13-15 days. Don't eat anything solid except an apple if I really can't fight the urge. Not sure if this was posted already. I got the idea from a documentary and it been benefiting me for a couple years now.

juice fasts? Yeah, no. 

im sorry, i cant take people seriously who advocate juice fasts.

just...no.

juice fasts? Yeah, no. 

im sorry, i cant take people seriously who advocate juice fasts.

just...no.
[/quote

Leave that to hippies and trendy hood rats

there's nothing wrong with the lemon juice fast though. the one with lemon juice, cayenne pepper and syrup. I can't do it because those flavors sound ******ed to mix to me and i dont do fasts, but i know maybe people that have done it and lost a TON of weight. and it's safe far as i know, from what I read and heard, you get the nutrients you need. This one woman that used to work for me was on it for like 40 days, lost a crapload of weight, proportionately, and looked great.

there's nothing wrong with the lemon juice fast though. the one with lemon juice, cayenne pepper and syrup. I can't do it because those flavors sound ******ed to mix to me and i dont do fasts, but i know maybe people that have done it and lost a TON of weight. and it's safe far as i know, from what I read and heard, you get the nutrients you need. This one woman that used to work for me was on it for like 40 days, lost a crapload of weight, proportionately, and looked great.

That's the master clean diet pretty much your only drinking a laxative for a few days. I know someone who did it and mainly lost water and gained it all back

Juicing is when you extract juice from vegetables. It's the most healthiest drink you can possibly drink, IMO. Natural everything. I don't juice anything but vegetables and add a flew slices lemon for flavoring. Stating this just to clarify that we're on the same page. It cleans out your body of toxins and all the garbage you put inside you body.

Plus, it's only 15 days of your life to clean out all the garbage you put in it. I smoke (not cigarettes) and drink occasionally, so it's definitely for me. I still maintain a body fat of 8% with a party/wild life style and I really recommend it. It's not like I'm doing this to lose fat, I do it to keep my insides of my body clean. It's for some, not all. Most people I know who tried who did it to lose weight, lost over 8-15 lbs within the 13-15 days that they tried it. The other percentage of people that tried, either failed cause they didn't have a strong enough mind to withstand it.

& I will repeat it, It's for some, not all.

i havent been keeping up with this thread but i just wanted to post about intermittent fasting.

im telling you i have been trying to cut weight for 6 months, eating 500 less calories than my BMR, 6-8 times a day, doing all kinds of cardio. all it led to was me losing muscle and hardly any fat. i lost a total of 15 lbs during that cut cycle.

after bulking up for 6 months it was time to cut again. this time i cut that ********, and i started intermittent fasting. the results were ridiculous. i lost 5 lbs in less than a month, i lost almost NO muscle, and i hardly lost any strength. this fasting **** is amazing.

some of yall will laugh, i did too when i heard it. but just try it, for a week or two. i guarantee everyone i talked to about it has laughed at first saying their body is gonna eat their muscle, theyr gonna lose all their strength. but they eventually thanked me after 2 weeks.

heres a good youtube channel i learned fasting from. you can see evidence for yourself in their progress videos. they lose a ton of weight from before they started fasting and after (with no muscle loss)

I recently switched to hitting my body parts 2 times a week and I got to say i'm really glad I made the switch. Been seeing new PRs left and right. According to some studies 2 times a week is optimal for naturals(due to protein synthesis only lasting 48 hours tops). I'm on a hybrid push/pull/leg routine.

I think one of the most important pieces of advice I learned a long time ago is that you are your own personal trainer because nobody knows your body and how it responds like you do.

Last edited:
Yoooo. Up until last week I CONSISTENTLY weighed in at 192-195 at nights. Now 188 and 185 mornings. I'm scared ima lose too much too fast. This IF is cuhraaazy.

Also. I know a lot of y'all don't like to "overtrain" but all of last year (when I did train) I would train 6 days.

Monday- Chest
Tuesday- Arms
Wednesday- shoulders.
Thursday- back
Friday- legs

I know that's not ideal and I don't do it anymore but when I did I was feeling perfectly fine.

iLLest!
I used to do something similar also, I never felt like I was over training either, everyone's body is different, I think being active growing up (playing sports) helps and you can get away with more then someone who was sedentary growing up.

Killed my traps today along with triceps and forearms. I am determined to have those mountains for traps, like the Rock.

-Hummus and carrots

Anything packaged is trash.

Something for y'all to try also...when I take a break from using my tube of pre-workout supplements (usually 3-4 weeks), I go on a juicing diet. Cleans out all the toxins and garbage inside your body. You feel amazing and the most clean natural feel I ever felt. I do this for about 13-15 days. Don't eat anything solid except an apple if I really can't fight the urge. Not sure if this was posted already. I got the idea from a documentary and it been benefiting me for a couple years now.

what types of juices?

what types of juices?
I extract the juice from celery, broccoli, cucumbers, & carrots mainly. I add a few slices of lemons to add flavor (cause vegetable juice ain't the tastiest thing to drink) and sometimes apples. Sometimes I make different juices adding spinach & tomatoes. I make enough for two days, where I can consume them before they go bad. Make sure to use air tight containers when storing. Water separating is normal.

"Abs are built in the kitchen."

Naw, but really...dieting is key for abs. Next is weighted ab workouts, crunches and sit ups takes way too long to build abs.

My diet has consisted of primarily chicken breasts for the past four years. Trying to implement more vegetables into my meals.

Are you referring to the ab machines found in most gyms?

Like I said before. I started back in the gym from a 7 week hiatus on Monday. Started doing two a days yesterday and what not. After the burn wore off around Wednesday, it's been feeling real good to be back in work out mode. Today I have the intermediate 300 routine a try. Did one full set and did half of a second set (all exercises, but divided the number of reps in half).

Monday

Friday

Going back later tonight for an hour. Since I went every day this week, should I take the weekend off? Especially since I'm just getting back in the swing of things?

"Abs are built in the kitchen."

Naw, but really...dieting is key for abs. Next is weighted ab workouts, crunches and sit ups takes way too long to build abs.

My diet has consisted of primarily chicken breasts for the past four years. Trying to implement more vegetables into my meals.

Are you referring to the ab machines found in most gyms?

Like I said before. I started back in the gym from a 7 week hiatus on Monday. Started doing two a days yesterday and what not. After the burn wore off around Wednesday, it's been feeling real good to be back in work out mode. Today I have the intermediate 300 routine a try. Did one full set and did half of a second set (all exercises, but divided the number of reps in half).

Monday

Friday

Going back later tonight for an hour. Since I went every day this week, should I take the weekend off? Especially since I'm just getting back in the swing of things?

Can't believe I been sleeping on this thread. Lots of really good advice in here. This winter break I couldn't lift as much as I'm used to but still managed to lift enough to maintain what I've been able to accomplish so far (been lifting consistently for a year now). Soon as I move back to Houston this weekend it's on! IM SERIOUS ABOUT MY GAINZ IN 2013!!!

Back
Top Bottom